+ Follow This Topic
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Yeah but didn't you say they probably wouldn't survive goatheads?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Nothing I've ever seen will survive goat-heads. They are kevlar belted, so maybe. You could also put some slime in your tube.
    I stepped on that once. I thought I had a splinter in my foot, turned my shoe over and found one of those evil seeds embedded in the sole, went clean through my shoe.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I think I read that they are good snacks, surprisingly. But HELL to us bikers and apparently pedestrians (how do those bastards sneak into a shoe?).
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I stepped on that once. I thought I had a splinter in my foot, turned my shoe over and found one of those evil seeds embedded in the sole, went clean through my shoe.
    Exactly. I told a friend about them (where both our kids rode their bikes) and he went over to look, wearing thick, hard-rubber soled sandals. They didn't go all the way through, but they COATED the bottom of his sandals, he had to stop and pick them out.

I think I read that they are good snacks, surprisingly. But HELL to us bikers and apparently pedestrians (how do those bastards sneak into a shoe?).
    Cyclists.

Bikers have a motor.

My current tires do. Only cost $15 incl. labor to replace them.
    LABOR?! Work on your own bike, pansy.

Cyclists.

Bikers have a motor.
    Don't be pedantic, lol.

LABOR?! Work on your own bike, pansy.
    Yeah, but I could just easily have it fixed while going next door to the Mexican restaurant and getting a wet burrito and have it ready by the time I'm done.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Don't be pedantic, lol.
    Being both, it's not pendantry, it's definition.

I'm a cyclist AND a biker.

I ride a bike, therefore, a biker. Lol. Maybe it's a generational thing: we now use bike as a verb and "cyclist" is synonymous with biker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I associate 'biker' with motorcycles also.

LR, the seed went *through* the sole of my shoe, from the outside, bottom. It was a big one. Felt like I had stepped on a large tack.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah, I misread it.

And I maintain it's a generational thing. "Biker" to me either means Harleys and related gangsters, or conjures up images of middle school d-bags who listened to Blink-182 and rode BMX bikes with cards on their tires to make it sound like a motorbike.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    rode BMX bikes with cards on their tires to make it sound like a motorbike.
    lol ..
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I almost forgot the trucker hats and the STUUUPID attempts to sound smarter by using "frugal"...God, I hated middle school. Surprised I survived it.

Goatherds? Serves me right for coming in on the 30th page of a thread.

Singing "High on a hill is a lonely goatherd..... yodel, yodel, yodel" and wandering off
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yeah, I misread it.

And I maintain it's a generational thing. "Biker" to me either means Harleys and related gangsters, or conjures up images of middle school d-bags who listened to Blink-182 and rode BMX bikes with cards on their tires to make it sound like a motorbike.
    Bikie: Harleys and gangsters
    Biker: motorcycle lover

Blink-182 = All The Small Things = awesome. Can't believe that wannabe teenage bikies like the same music as a 40 something woman. Totally lame on their part. Too funny
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 23-04-13 at 06:27 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Goatherds? Serves me right for coming in on the 30th page of a thread.

Singing "High on a hill is a lonely goatherd..... yodel, yodel, yodel" and wandering off
    LOL. No, goatHEADS. They're ugly sons of bitches.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast