+ Follow This Topic
Page 300 of 405 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

I'm not sure if it's because it's that time of the month, but my girlfriend really irritated me today. We had lunch together, during which she asked me which authors we are examining in my English Romanticism course, and after I made a comment about how I don't like Wollstonecrap and Wordsworthless (jokingly), she told me basically told me I have shitty tastes! She actually said shitty tastes. I confronted her because I have every right to my opinion and she should respect that. I know everybody has a bad day once and a while, but I'm not gonna tolerate it every time. I don't have the same bitchy attitude about her tastes that I don't like. I could follow her around and criticize her for smoking and drinking 8 coffees every day, and having a ridiculous vegetarian diet, and the music/videos/everything she does that I don't like, but I don't do that, because I respect her, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I'm not sure if it's because it's that time of the month, but my girlfriend really irritated me today. We had lunch together, during which she asked me which authors we are examining in my English Romanticism course, and after I made a comment about how I don't like Wollstonecrap and Wordsworthless (jokingly), she told me basically told me I have shitty tastes! She actually said shitty tastes. I confronted her because I have every right to my opinion and she should respect that. I know everybody has a bad day once and a while, but I'm not gonna tolerate it every time. I don't have the same bitchy attitude about her tastes that I don't like. I could follow her around and criticize her for smoking and drinking 8 coffees every day, and having a ridiculous vegetarian diet, and the music/videos/everything she does that I don't like, but I don't do that, because I respect her, y'know?

Honestly dude, that's pretty phucked up!
    What a way to invalidate what you like or don't (via your opinion) by shitting on it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She crapped on his opinion after he obviously crapped on hers.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dim frasbeesPost As Boolean <- hehehehehe

I'm such a noob. Msgbox = ("Frasbee's right")
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 29-01-11 at 06:00 AM.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It's good, knowing that someone other than me is also shitting all over his worthless opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Where did he do that?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm too nice for this job. I try to solve problems by being nice,clearly it's not working. Oh well then.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Where did he do that?
    Well apparently she likes Wordsworth and Wollstonecraft. When I said that I do not like them in general (which, politely, is all I said at first), she flipped out and was all like, "how can you not like them?!?!?!?" and then she listed a bunch of reasons why I should. I did acknowledge her valid points but said that I still do not like either of them, and she insisted I give her reasons... once I got a word in edgewise, she didn't even respond to my points... she just said there is something wrong with me if I don't like them and I have shitty tastes... at this point, I laugh and refer to them as Wordsworthless and Wallstonecrap and she turned kind of cold towards me. I can't stand it when people get emotional like that. She was so offended, and over what?!? I happen to not like the age of Romanticism very much, and if you have a problem with that, kiss my ass.

I think she is obviously a fan of both poets and she was annoyed with your dislike. It's like someone comes up to you and tells you that German language is crap and when you ask them for a reason they say, well they just don't like it because it sounds weird. That would annoy someone like you who obviously spent a bit of time learning the language.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    I think she is obviously a fan of both poets and she was annoyed with your dislike. It's like someone comes up to you and tells you that German language is crap and when you ask them for a reason they say, well they just don't like it because it sounds weird. That would annoy someone like you who obviously spent a bit of time learning the language.
    Most people I encounter do not like the German language, actually, but I do not care. It's not a social matter for me. You also have to remember that this girl and I share a lot of interests... the first time something comes up that we disagree on, she makes a fuss out of it.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how can someone not like a language?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Well, I am usually told that it sounds like it's a "harsh" language and that it sounds like everybody who speaks it is mad. I've been speaking for years, though, so I don't get what they are talking about, but most people agree to those things. It was Charles V who said he "speaks German to his horses." after all. I'm more interested in Anglo-Saxon and Proto-Germanic language reconstruction these days, though.

In full, “I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse.” Sums up european languages pretty well, and yah, I did german for two years before going overseas again and it's just bleh-sounding Good for the army.

And disagreement is way more interesting than just agreeing on stuff all the time, good luck with that.
    Last edited by Lipp; 29-01-11 at 12:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    German....It was fun before I moved to Germany,now this language is tiring and boring. Same with spanish,I'm going to continue the course cause it would be a shame to not learn a language that I already know a bit...But what I'm looking forward to is French course that I start in april And english will never be boring to me, I use it everyday almost as much as polish and I enjoy it. And oh polish... Is just awesome, almost nobody speaks it,so any foreigner understand me,but still, it sounds so "bad" hehe .You know,bad,like I'm going to kick yo ass even if I just told you that I like to spend time with you
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 29-01-11 at 06:29 PM. Reason: morning typos
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    German....It was fun before I moved to Germany,now this language is tiring and boring. Same with spanish,I'm going to continue the course cause it would be a shame to not learn a language that I already know a bit...But what I'm looking forward to is French course that I start in april
    French is a much better language than German.