+ Follow This Topic
Page 31 of 405 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am so annoyed right now by my coworker listening to loud music.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Obamas administration is more than annoying me. What he is doing is serioiusly concerning me beyond the point of another colorful rant against the unsoundness of liberal policies

I've pretty much given the administration the benefit of the doubt since he took office (mainly because he was getting some unfair coverage) but now he has had some actual actions that can be scrutinized

Mainly I'm talking about the buyout of GM but also his almost trillion dollar stimulus package and Judge nomination-

Obama is, above all else, an excellent speaker / orator, whatever you want to call it. He has excellent linguistic skills and can polish anything he says. Forget the reasoning behind it! God forbid you disregarded the actual words and looked at the concepts! And unfortunately, that is what many people associate as "intelligence." Particularly liberals, they are very taken by great oratory skills

Anyways, Obama is trying to attribute the recent economic turnaround to his stimulus package. Which is funny, because only 5% of the stimulus money has been used yet. That turnaround isn't owing to the 5% of his stimulus package but he'll take credit for it anyways

Next he nominates a blatantly racist hispanic woman to the Supreme Court and of course has to tout the achievement of this country in overcoming racism that allowed for her nomination, which is a little ironic. Of course we all know by now how she claimed that a hispanic women can often come to a better decision than a white male. Hilariously, when questioned on this, the White House responded for her by saying that people were trying to "twist her words around." There isn't any room for twisting those words around and that's obvious to anyone with two brain cells to rub together

Their next tactic was to say that she misspoke or would have said it a different way. Unfortunately for them, about 5 other instances have been found of Sotomayor saying almost exactly the same thing over a 10 year period. Do I need to go over the double-standard for race and gender that there is in this country? Most people like to ignore it, but lets face it: A white man making equivalent comments would stir outrage and he would have no chance for nomination. In fact his career of any kind would probably be over

The other problem (and I think one of the biggest ones) was with the government taking over GM. A failing company cannot be turned around by a government. The government now has tens and tens of thousands of more people it won't be able to get rid of. My dad was talking about how it is unfair to investors who won't know what companies the government is going to back up, and this apparently has repurcussions of volatility elsewhere in the stock market because of speculation. Let GM go bankrupt. Bankruptcy doesn't mean failure, almost all the airlines went bankrupt several years ago yet look! People were still flying on them. Let someone who can run a country buy the assets and turn it around (like Fiats buyout of Chrysler). I know nobody really wants to buy GM but eventually some of its assets will go

My other complaint isn't against Obama but the government in general. Government employees (teachers, administrators, etc) have the most RIDICULOUS job deals in the world. They literally cannot be fired. They do not accept pay cuts when everyone else is getting laid off. They work few hours and many have jobs that are unnecessary. I can say this now with more certainty than ever seeing as my sister is starting her job with the government in July and I know how absurd it is. They get paid WAY more than they should, work FEW hours, CANNOT get laid off, and don't GENERATE any wealth of their own. How do they get paid? Cause someone else in the country is GENERATING THAT WEALTH FOR THEM

I remember when I went to a schoolboard meeting when I was still in high school, by far the largest expenditures were for workers. And guess how the schoolboard people were discussing ways to save money? By scrunching in areas that accounted for 1% of the budget, not 75% of the budget or whatever which was teachers salaries and benefits! I HATE HATE HATE that. It's time teachers and government workers take pay cuts, longer hours, get fired if they don't perform, and the government has layoffs in areas where it isn't needed. Unfortunately that is pretty much impossible because faggot ass unions won't even let their employees take a tiny pay cut
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 12-06-09 at 12:45 AM.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i hate users. they are so fuking stupid. here i am trying to fix a printer error and when asked if anything could be disconnected, they tell me, no. and when asked when was the last time they moved it i hear, a couple of minutes age. but no nothing could be disconnected becuase the moved the fuking printer, it has to be a network connection. stupid fuking idiots.

or how about, asking me to upload their personal pictures to their website profiles? and then staring at their pictures for half an hour asking me in which one they look better. make up your fuking mind before you call me for help!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i hate users. they are so fuking stupid.
    Welcome to my world
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    My other complaint isn't against Obama but the government in general. Government employees (teachers, administrators, etc) have the
    LOL. Well, DM. I agree with you that GM should be left to flail, *administration* in teaching & government should be streamlined (school budgets are a joke, you don't want to target them), and shitty teachers should be able to be fired. Or at least their pay should be tied to measurable performance. Unions are totally a problem in this regard.

But will you just gripe & be part of the problem, or will you actually send your thoughts to your government and, perhaps, be part of the solution?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I think the last couple of years of right wing policies proved that leaving as much as possible unregulated leads to absolute chaos. Wow, what a great idea, let's just leave everything out there in the wild and see what happens, sexy time!! The next thing you know half of the people have loans that they could never afford to pay, and then it's just a domino effect watching everything collapse when something goes wrong. Who's to blame? Not the government!! "We had nothing to do with it, the dog ate our homework". Ofcourse they had nothing to do with it, that's the main problem.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    *administration* in teaching & government should be streamlined (school budgets are a joke, you don't want to target them), and shitty teachers should be able to be fired. Or at least their pay should be tied to measurable performance. Unions are totally a problem in this regard.
    I'd go beyond just the administration. So much money is spent on sports as well. For every sport there are different levels (JV, varsity) and boys and girls teams, and every night of the week 10 different teams are being sent to opposite ends of the county for games. Huge pools and stadiums are built and put in. At the school I graduated from they spent $1 million on artificial turf

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    But will you just gripe & be part of the problem, or will you actually send your thoughts to your government and, perhaps, be part of the solution?
    Like I think I said early, I've been to a few school board meetings (and town board meetings) locally, which is as involved as I can get. My sending in thoughts to the government wouldn't be much use YET because there are already politicians lobbying for what I want making my exact same case. The problem has to do with Unions and a Democratic congress that just messes things up. There is opposition in the way. If I was majoring in economics and had looked at the fiscal mess as closely as possible all this time then I could possibly send in a letter to a similar minded politician with CONCRETE plans, but anything else isn't use much

If I make a lot of money as a surgeon I could always get into politics someday

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I think the last couple of years of right wing policies proved that leaving as much as possible unregulated leads to absolute chaos. Wow, what a great idea, let's just leave everything out there in the wild and see what happens, sexy time!! The next thing you know half of the people have loans that they could never afford to pay, and then it's just a domino effect watching everything collapse when something goes wrong. Who's to blame? Not the government!! "We had nothing to do with it, the dog ate our homework". Ofcourse they had nothing to do with it, that's the main problem.
    Guess who made that possible? THE DEMOCRATS. People use to have to show proof of work and ability to payoff loans when they bought houses. The Democrats came along and said "But the poor people can't live in nice houses like the middle class!" and decided they should be able to buy houses WITHOUT PROOF OF BEING ABLE TO PAY BACK THE LOAN! The Republicans became a bunch of limp-wristed pussies when the Democrats wanted to make this possible because it would have been political suicide to oppose this

I love how everyone tries to blame this on the Republicans. I find them guilty of being a bunch of pussies and not standing up for the issue, but the Democrats were the ones pushing for that

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Guess who made that possible? THE DEMOCRATS.
    Do you have a link to that?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You question that like it is somehow debatable. I'm guessing you're asking for actual laws that repealed the previously more stringent ones? I would have to look that up. It's not like there was 1 sudden law passed

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Here seems like a good place to start, and then we could read about the histories of these cases:

[url]http://www.mortgagecases.com/laws/index.html[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ron Paul for President.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    According to the wiki entry about the housing bubble, warnings about the crisis were coming as early as 2003. That was a Republican watch, I believe?

GWB was quoted as saying about the issue in 2006, "If houses get too expensive, people will stop buying them... Economies should cycle."

I think this was about ineffective leadership. Period. "Idiot" doesn't have any particular political affiliation.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

What annoys me is the lies that people (including me) need to hear and emotional responses that these lies generate. Why do we get so excited when others tell us how strong, great, beautiful we are? It's lies, but why do we crave these lies and get addicted to them? Why are we so vain?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

i actually despise people who create exaggerated description of me. i know exactly what i am worth and now sweet lie is going to bring anyone closer to me. it's a mystery to me why we have to lie to others about their appearance/talents/skills. i was never good at it thus always offend people by my bluntness. what's better then, blunt truth or sweet lies?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things