+ Follow This Topic
Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here instead of contacting your ex!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko18 View Post
    Hey,
    its been 3 months. After 5 years this is what I get? Just when I thought we finally had s%&t worked out you go and find someone else. We were still together and you left me. And I dont understand. We just bought a car together and looking at a house and you left me for a dude with a motorcycle, now all you care about is the stupid car I took. You tore my heart to pieces and somehow I still miss you after you cheated on me, damn this hurts. No closure or anything. After I helped you through your rape and your attempted suicide this is what I get? I mean come on. I want to say goodbye but dont know how.
    I know we're all going through pain and thats its all relative but man, your situation sounds tough. Stay strong.

tremolo Guest
    Baby: Ain't nobody gonna treat you better; touch you better; love you better more than I am. Pick up the phone and call me. It's not too late yet, but you're running out of time...

"What you risk reveals what you value".

You were prepared to risk all that we had in the hope of finding someone better. Says how much you valued what we had.

I'm ok with that, it wasn't what you wanted and that's cool

best of luck in your search to find something you value enough not to risk. But when you come back because you can't find anyone that treated you the way I did and you realise the value of what we had it will be too late because I don't see the value in you anymore. What you did makes you worthless to me.

Baby: Ain't nobody gonna treat you better; touch you better; love you better more than I am. Pick up the phone and call me. It's not too late yet, but you're running out of time...
    No, no, no... That would be the worst thing he could do for your well being.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

i wonder, i havent changed my mailing address since i moved out and i am sure that i have been getting mail sent to that address. my ex still reguards me as friends yet she hasnt said anything about me changing my mailing address.

should i take this as progress or what

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    No, no, no... That would be the worst thing he could do for your well being.
    Deep down I know you're right. He's not going to call, though. Either because he never really had any love for me, or because he's too stubborn to admit he screwed up, or because he's too lazy or proud to fix the mistake he now realizes he made. Every day that passes that he doesn't call me, I realize just how emotionally deficient, how self-absorbed, how relationally challenged he really is. I know it's not me... it really is him. But I just wish I could change all that. Shake some sense into him and make him realize what a bloody idiot he's being by acting this way. It frustrates me to no end that I have to suffer now because he'd rather throw away a good thing than put some effort into saving it.
    Last edited by tremolo; 07-06-11 at 09:25 AM.

Get the book "The Secret" and believe that when one door opens it always leads to something better.

You're doing well, keep up the good work.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Get the book "The Secret" and believe that when one door opens it always leads to something better.

You're doing well, keep up the good work.
    I've read that book, and I should read it again. Interestingly - my mother told me that when she went up to our church this morning to do her weekly volunteer work, the pianist caught her in the parking lot and struck up an odd conversation. She told my mother that she knew I had been occupied for the last several years working on my PhD, and that I'd sacrificed a lot of things to make that happen. Then she compared me to her son, who has been working for many years at a job that, while hugely sacrificial, has never attracted a lot of women to him. She said he's now engaged to a wonderful woman, and she told my mother that she wanted to encourage me to hang in there for the right person. I suppose it wouldn't be so odd, really, except that she had no idea I'd recently been dumped, or that the person I was dating I felt very seriously about. In fact, I'm not even sure she knew I'd been dating anyone at all.

I'm going to take this all as a sign that what happened was for the best, and that I'm going to come out ahead in the long run, just as you suggest. It's just so hard to stay positive when my heart feels so broken and I feel so rejected. It doesn't help that this is a really dark period in my life that I'm going to have to suffer through for the next 7 months in order to get where I want to be. My ex was the one really bright thing in my life that made me happy and gave me some sense of comfort. Now I just feel like my whole life is up in the air.
    Last edited by tremolo; 07-06-11 at 10:23 AM.

we never even really said goodbye..
    I miss you...

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Deep down I know you're right. He's not going to call, though. Either because he never really had any love for me, or because he's too stubborn to admit he screwed up, or because he's too lazy or proud to fix the mistake he now realizes he made. Every day that passes that he doesn't call me, I realize just how emotionally deficient, how self-absorbed, how relationally challenged he really is. I know it's not me... it really is him. But I just wish I could change all that. Shake some sense into him and make him realize what a bloody idiot he's being by acting this way. It frustrates me to no end that I have to suffer now because he'd rather throw away a good thing than put some effort into saving it.
    Every time I read one of your posts I just can't believe the similarities between our ex's. It's uncanny.

I could almost just cut and paste your post, change him to her and it's done.

This is exactly where I am at with mine right now. Stubborn pride is the only thing keeping her from calling but really after seeing the way she has handled the last 4 weeks especially when it was her that did the wrong thing to start with , I really can't be arsed with it anymore. When she is ready she will talk to me .. what's with that?? Like I'm going to go yeah ok, I'll just sit here and wait then

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Every time I read one of your posts I just can't believe the similarities between our ex's. It's uncanny.

This is exactly where I am at with mine right now. Stubborn pride is the only thing keeping her from calling but really after seeing the way she has handled the last 4 weeks especially when it was her that did the wrong thing to start with , I really can't be arsed with it anymore. When she is ready she will talk to me .. what's with that?? Like I'm going to go yeah ok, I'll just sit here and wait then

I've been noticing the similarities too! It is really odd.

I am fairly well convinced that my boyfriend had real love for me - or at least, what he perceives as real love. I just think he's too wrapped up in his own life to be able to show it properly - and when I suggested he wasn't making much of an effort for me, instead of trying to demonstrate that love, he would just say he was sorry I didn't feel he was making an effort. So lame. Anyway... Because I think he did indeed love me, and because those walls came down sometimes and I was able to see the feelings he had for me, I assume that he threw in the towel because things got complicated and it was more effort than he wanted to make. Or maybe he just didn't want to be in a relationship that was so serious he had to make a sacrifice sometimes. Either way, my ex and yours - since they seem to be so similar - are going to realize sooner or later that their selfishness will get them nowhere. Maybe they'd rather be alone or just have superficial relationships. If not, they'll have to find a partner who's content to put forth 90% of the effort and be happy with that.
    Last edited by tremolo; 07-06-11 at 11:23 AM.

Picking up my broken pieces heart today, forced to move on by any means and learn to live half a life......theres a hole in my chest and you are slipping away from me...asked me to find another girl and faster getting married ??? what the hell is that? throw me away after 4 years of being together ??? blindly believe you are going to marry me and have awesome kids together? build our own happiness and grow old together? is that a beautiful lie ? is love a beautiful lie to you???? im not your disposable bag and you are way much better then this....until now im so confused by your way of saying no to me. I really hope you know what you are doing dear..because my heart is broken and almost beyond repair already...i know one day i will turn into a cold guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post

yeah buddy.. not fair

PLEASE dont wish me a happy birthday today.. i just wnat to forget about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrzzzzzz View Post
    we never even really said goodbye..
    I miss you...
    goodbye is actually nothing good in it...suppose to say goodpain instead

Page 33 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast