+ Follow This Topic
Page 356 of 405 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Was a nasty rootkit that had lodged itself deep and was undetectable by the scanners, but got rid of it with some specialized tools.

So fück you, Mister Rootkit Laptop is back on track.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The thing that annoyed me today was having a really nice patient who I was able to give high-quality care to, and 5 minutes before shift change happens, her asshole son comes in and makes unreasonable ridiculous demands about an extremely minor thing, and made me hope I won't have her back again tomorrow.

90% of the time, it's not the *patient* who is outrageous; it's their f-tard families who have neglected their "loved ones" for so long, they end up sick in the hospital, and then they come in and behave like WE are mistreating them.
    "Accidentally" kick him in the shins on your way out next time, AFTER you've changed out of your scrubs.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Got a teeeerrrible contraction in my calf this night, oh my freaking God, I thought I'm about to cut off my leg. Never had this before. I just know it woke me up and I couldn't move because of the pain . I can imagine why people drown because of this...
    I wazzzz here

I can't stand some incompetent colleagues of mine. It's like watching a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Got a teeeerrrible contraction in my calf this night, oh my freaking God, I thought I'm about to cut off my leg. Never had this before. I just know it woke me up and I couldn't move because of the pain . I can imagine why people drown because of this...
    I used to get crazy cramps in my calves in the middle of the night. I would stretch in my sleep and the muscle would just seize up. One of the most painful things I've ever experienced. And worse 'cause it wakes me out of a dead sleep. I started drinking a lot more water and doing proper stretches and I stopped having that issue.

BF and I were going to stop by a bar to meet up with one of his friends for a bit. We ended up leaving 'cause the line was a bit long and I didn't feel like standing around and waiting just to have 1 drink. On our way back to the car one his lady acquaintances ran up to him to say, "Hi". She hugged him, and just as he was about to introduce me she turned on her heel and walked away. I hate females that have absolutely no respect.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    BF and I were going to stop by a bar to meet up with one of his friends for a bit. We ended up leaving 'cause the line was a bit long and I didn't feel like standing around and waiting just to have 1 drink. On our way back to the car one his lady acquaintances ran up to him to say, "Hi". She hugged him, and just as he was about to introduce me she turned on her heel and walked away. I hate females that have absolutely no respect.
    I'm not sure that was a lack of respect. Maybe she just had to go?

Don't overreact to something that may or may not be true. You can't read minds.

My thinking is that if she was going to take the time to chase him to the corner then she could've taken a moment to formally introduce herself. It's just good manners. I would never think of throwing my arms around a guy friend without first showing respect to the other person he was with, male or female.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My thinking is that if she was going to take the time to chase him to the corner then she could've taken a moment to formally introduce herself. It's just good manners. I would never think of throwing my arms around a guy friend without first showing respect to the other person he was with, male or female.
    No, but you're a very intelligent, highly self-aware woman. To be honest, she doesn't really seem all that bright, given what she did.

Given that, you can't really interpret her actions - she may just not know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    No, but you're a very intelligent, highly self-aware woman. To be honest, she doesn't really seem all that bright, given what she did.

Given that, you can't really interpret her actions - she may just not know better.
    I thought about that too. And that's probably the truth, she just doesn't know any better. My boyfriend used to hang out with a lot of scenester/hipster kids a while ago. Y'know the go party, buy everybody shots type of BS. When we got together he seemed ecstatic about spending a ton of time together which left me wondering where all his friends were. Until I realized that most of them were vapid young adults who had no other priorities but to party and drink.

So, yeah. That's typically why I wouldn't go to that bar on a Saturday, but I was trying to be a bit easy going for his sake. Just didn't seem like a solid bet if we had to stand behind 15 people for 1 drink that was gonna cost $12. :-/

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just didn't seem like a solid bet if we had to stand behind 15 people for 1 drink that was gonna cost $12. :-/
    Oof. That would annoy me more than the random chick.

Oof. That would annoy me more than the random chick.
    Haha, right? BF seemed kinda miffed when I called the situation out (to him not to the world), but he'd already spent plenty of money yesterday and today, and he still needs to get his oil changed. I'm starting my new job soon, so I'll be helping out as soon as I get my first check.

I know he wanted to go party, but it was he who offered to take me to dinner last night to celebrate my new job, and he wanted to see a movie tonight after we did laundry and a bunch of errands, and so I told him it was time to cool it. Now he's playing Assassin's Creed and I'm tooling on my laptop. I even told him he could drop me off and return to the bar if he wanted!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I even told him he could drop me off and return to the bar if he wanted!
    Good for him to avoid that trap.

Good for him to avoid that trap.
    I know it definitely sounds like a trap! He's being all mopey now 'cause he wants to go out somewhere. It's midnight here and unless he wants to take a walk on the beach there isn't much we can do that isn't going to cost money. He says he doesn't like being restricted by things like money. I'm tempted to ask him, "When aren't we restricted by money?" I think I'll just be enabling this little black hole he's receding into if I indulge the conversation. Now I might go out. Sheesh. The energy in here's getting a little negative.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know it definitely sounds like a trap! He's being all mopey now 'cause he wants to go out somewhere. It's midnight here and unless he wants to take a walk on the beach there isn't much we can do that isn't going to cost money. He says he doesn't like being restricted by things like money. I'm tempted to ask him, "When aren't we restricted by money?" I think I'll just be enabling this little black hole he's receding into if I indulge the conversation. Now I might go out. Sheesh. The energy in here's getting a little negative.
    He's got a point, though. Being restricted by money is stressful.

You know what's free? Yep, that.

Stop talking to me and make a move.