+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do women like confident guys?

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDogg
    If you don't like a confident guy who stands up for himself and respects himself, then what is the alternative? A guy who has no self respect, is clingy, is a pushover, is a victim of the situation? Why wouldn't a girl like a confident man over the non confident man?

I thought we covered that already?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    For me, I believe I am a nice person, funny, and allot of people, family, friends etc, love me (I know SHH/Hayward - hard to believe) : ) and that if one girl that I approach tells me to shove it, big deal, her loss. But being afraid of a stranger's opinion of me is not going to affect my life.
    LOL! As long as you're talking like normal person and not like an over-compensating, know-it-all blowhard, I think you're a perfectly charming fellow.

And, yeah. That's kind of what I was trying to express. This idea of confidence is so utterly relative to context, it's difficult for me to know what anyone means when they say the word.

I have noticed it is often linked with the idea of secure, as in the phrase "confident and secure in the..." Which I've also never understood. Kind of like the ambiguity a lot of people have around the ideas of faith and belief...as if they're the same thing. They're not. One, belief, has to do being certain. You believe. The other, faith, has to do with being doubtful. You trust.

I dunno. I'm still chewing on it. But as to the poster's original question -- if I recall it -- I'm not so sure women are attracted to someone with "confidence" as muxh as they are to someone who's comfortable in their own skin.

Take Shh!, for example. She doesn't like YOU very much and YOU'RE confident, but she adores me, who's just comfortable with myself.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Nice spin, Lloyd! My true love would never behave that way. I'm sure some drunken SOB was upset and making a scene because his girl actually liked George better, and George came to her defense. Yay!! Should George Clooney ever be hitting on me and my husband intervene, well... god help my husband, because I would help George kick his @ss. There should be at least one freebie, can't-say-no celebrity for everyone!

:-)
    my freebie, can't-say-no celebrity.

[url]http://yvesimply.canalblog.com/images/Clive_Owen.1.JPG[/url]

They are stupid that is why. The end. My father is the wisest man I have ever spoken to. I asked him for the best advice on life he has and he said "shut up".......brilliant and I am not being sarcastic. If girls want the best guys they should go for the quiet, calm, and reserved guys...because they know that speaking is for brainless people who do not realize that it is uselss. Sort of like my post and every other post that came before me...pointless. I dont know why I bother...bordem I guess
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 10-11-05 at 01:27 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234