+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your favorite animal?

They're called man-eating tigers. They're one of the world's smaller varieties, and live in India's mangrove swamps to the south, along and near the coast. They're excellent swimmers and have been known to pull people from boats and kill them underwater. As of this writing, they have adapted to see past the reverse-mask trick.

As for me, my favorite animal is the loon.

Oh my gosh, dewilliams. You're the Dwight Schrute of tiger attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    They're called man-eating tigers. They're one of the world's smaller varieties, and live in India's mangrove swamps to the south, along and near the coast. They're excellent swimmers and have been known to pull people from boats and kill them underwater. As of this writing, they have adapted to see past the reverse-mask trick.

As for me, my favorite animal is the loon.
    All tigers are great swimmers....I bottle raised a male siberian from 12 weeks old and I would take him out in the pond to swim and I would get tired long before he would. I had to be there though to make sure he didn't get a swan for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Oh my gosh, dewilliams. You're the Dwight Schrute of tiger attacks.
    Gotta love him.

I worked with big cats for about 8 years so I did quite a bit of research so I could answer the kids questions. I would go in and do a show...nothing special. I was basically happy as long as they behaved themselves but I would put the cat on a lead chain and walk him around to see all the people and then I would have him lay down and give a brief description on the cat and make him open his mouth to show his teeth. After that I would play with him a little bit to show off some of his physical abilities. Then I took questions. Basically what I just typed was part of my show more or less.

I keep referring to the cat as male...we only did shows with the males. Not only are they bigger but they are generally easier to work with because you don't have to concern yourself with hormonal changes to much. Plus the female white siberian we had stopped letting me put a lead on her at about 2 years and since she always seemed to want to rip my face off I just didn't press my luck....but my ex gf posted a video on youtube...I'll have to find it...its basically me purposefully pissing her off (the tiger not my ex gf)....but all I'm doing is standing there saying her name and she is flippin out...she is not a nice cat.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I want your job.

When I was 6 or 7, my grandparents donated two clouded leopard cubs to their local zoo. We got to name them. Unfortunately, they live rather far from us and couldn't be there on the day my grandparents and cousins all got to hold and pet the cubs.

And, find that video and post it!

I love rabbits.

Kitties! I love cats

I like dogs I have 2

Chimps and puppies.

I have to go with the Sabre Tooth Tiger.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Plus the female white siberian we had stopped letting me put a lead on her at about 2 years and since she always seemed to want to rip my face off I just didn't press my luck....but my ex gf posted a video on youtube...I'll have to find it...its basically me purposefully pissing her off (the tiger not my ex gf)....but all I'm doing is standing there saying her name and she is flippin out...she is not a nice cat.
    Is it possible she is unhappy being captive? I don't have much sympathy for people that keep animals like this and are attacked. That Killer Orca at SeaWorld, for example. Good for him.

Polar bears are massive and scary. So are Grizzly bears. I think I'd pick being around elephants than the large bears.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234