+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does PMS really not affect some girls or are they just not aware of it?

It's kind of hard to keep track of unless you are very aware of her menstrual cycle. PMS symptoms usually occur during ovulation (two weeks before her period starts) and/or starting a couple of days before her period comes.

It has to do with rapidly shifting hormones, and don't worry: she feels just as miserable as she is making you feel, and probably even more so.

I suggest you keep track of her extreme moodiness and the first day her period starts by marking them (discretely) on your calendar. (Don't tell her unless you want her to chop of your penis while you sleep.) You should be able to see a pattern after a few months if her menstrual cycle is regular. If it isn't regular, good luck. You'll never be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I suggest you keep track of her extreme moodiness and the first day her period starts by marking them (discretely) on your calendar. (Don't tell her unless you want her to chop of your penis while you sleep.) You should be able to see a pattern after a few months if her menstrual cycle is regular. If it isn't regular, good luck. You'll never be able to figure it out.

Hahaha..oh I needed a good laugh today.

Seriously though men have the better end of this deal. I wonder how they would feel if suddenly every month they bled from 5-7 days straight. It's not a pretty thing boys.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I suggest you keep track of her extreme moodiness and the first day her period starts by marking them (discretely) on your calendar.
    At one point, my ex always knew when it was time for my period. I remember a time I got pissed for something and he said "Ok, we should be expecting your period around this time anyway." I couldnt help but laugh lol. He had a mental calendar that told him when I got it. Then it became irregular from tons of stress.

He's still a dick.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I really think we as women can control the symptoms of PMS to our external environment.

I would never want my guy to know if I was PMSing unless it's for agressive sex hehe.

*runs out of thread*
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

How many days does it last?

Ok, for all you confused guys and clueless women, I'll give you some basic PMS information.

Women are ruled by two main hormones, estrogen and progesterone, and they are in part controlled by the pituitary gland with it's two hormones involved in causing the ovary to produce the ripened egg.

The estrogen and the progesterone are the hormones involved in behavioral issues during the month. Just as in men testosterone plays a role in their behavior. And also, it has been shown that in men there is a hormonal shift that occurs on a daily, monthly and every three month cycle! Men actually have more hormone shifts on a daily basis than women do, though women have a larger monthly shifts, similar to the shift men experience every three months.

Now for women. The estrogen hormone peaks at the point right before the egg is released from the ovary. The estrogen plays two roles, it controls the environment of the uterus and surrounding secretions, and induces a high libido in the woman. During ovulation women will become mildly euphoric, extremely horny, and are usually more likely to describe their moods as great, accommodating, and rather sexy.

Four days after this high, the estrogen production drops off rather quickly being replaced by an increase in progesterone. Now, if you have ever heard of the stereotype of a pregnant women being an emotional wreck (it is true) and it is caused by the high levels of both estrogen and progesterone, also the main reason pregnant women are both extremely moody and horny at the same time.

So basically every month a women has a hormone shift similar to that of pregnancy, however she experiences these hormones in separate times of the month (estrogen first making her horny and happy, then progesterone towards the end reaching it's peak about 4-5 days before the start of the period.) The peak of progesterone is why women become extremely irritable, short tempered, impatient, highly sensitive (crying, easily hurt), angry, stressed, and depressed. A women might experience one or all of these emotions for the several peak days, or she might experience them all at the same time for just one day.

Each woman is different and so there is no exact prediction how a woman is going to react to her hormone shifts even from month to month. Some months might be worse than others, while some months might have no symptoms experienced by the woman at all. Some women might also not be affected by the hormone shifts and thus will not have much in the way of mood swings or PMS symptoms at all.

Women who experience irregular periods, meaning they are generally longer or shorter than the 28-35 days of the normal woman, will have even worse hormone shifts, due to the irregularity of their hormone levels in general. If you end up with a woman who has irregular periods, you may find yourself confused at her mood swings and sometimes left feeling like you are caught on a roller coaster. Some women now are even being diagnosis as bi-polar, when in fact the only problem they have is irregular periods and extreme hormone shifts!

Now, for the poor guy dealing with the irrational women (the Original Poster) who claims she doesn't have PMS. Well dude, sorry to tell you that your lady has PMS. However, like so many people in today's world, your lady is completely unaware of her emotional experience, and as such has absolutely no control over her emotional out-bursts. Your lady is not overly mature or self observant.

For any woman who claims she has no control over her emotional issues, aside from crying randomly, every other issue can be controlled. Personally, my monthly cycle comes around and I am totally aware the day my hormones start to shift from horny to irritable. My main negative emotion is impatience, normally I try to have the patience of a saint, but come a week before my period I start to have less and less. Finally three days before I start, I have no patience and I am ready to pop at everyone. However, I catch myself before I go off, I know that I have no patience and I am irritable, so it is best to just be silent, do my best to ignore all irritations, and warn everyone well enough in advance that I have very little patience. My family appreciates my efforts and tries hard to not get on my nerves for those few days. My hubby is well aware what I feel like, because it is very similar to feeling stressed out about work and being sick with the flu at the same time. So he is usually extra sweet to me even though I am being kind of bitchy. The extra sweetness usually makes me smile and the bitch disappears.

So, in total, women do have the ability to control their emotional outbursts during their PMS times, however most don't believe they have any control over their emotional states and/or their thought processes. This is a myth perpetuated by modern pop psychology and should be dispelled as soon as possible. So guys, feel free to get irritated with your women for being bitchy during that time of the month and feel free to make the comment that she should have better control over her emotional state. However, guys you can also be sensitive to her state of mind and lay on a little extra charm...who knows, it might also get you lucky in bed, just bring the lube because towards that time of the month she gets dry and watery.

Puss

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by askpuss View Post
    Now, for the poor guy dealing with the irrational women (the Original Poster) who claims she doesn't have PMS. Well dude, sorry to tell you that your lady has PMS. However, like so many people in today's world, your lady is completely unaware of her emotional experience, and as such has absolutely no control over her emotional out-bursts. Your lady is not overly mature or self observant.
    Sounds like a woman in her "well".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234