+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The big news is.....

I don't buy the presumption in this thread that people can't grow up poor and happy (this is not necessarily pertaining to Nisha, but in general). Who wouldn't want his/her child to grow up with wads of money at the parents' disposal? But not everyone has these luxuries.

Do poor people not deserve to have families?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Starbie, Nish is 18. Even if she was rich 18 is not an ideal age to bring a second child into this world. Once you consider her dependence on others the issue becomes even more complicated. This will most likely not be an easy child upbringing and the one to suffer the most will probably be the kid himself.

Of course it's not our place to judge, in the end it will be Nish's decision as to what will happen, but I think some type of feedback (both positive and negative) is called for.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post

That's not the question... it's not a matter of whether poor people deserve a family... it's a matter of whether a child can reach their full potential when the resources needed to achieve that are often gained via financial means... especially when the parents do not have access to such financial means.

Even nature itself does not favor those who provide poorly for their offspring, when the offspring are born weak and dependent on the parent(s) --- via food, shelter from harm, and (in the case of mammals) skills needed to survive.

So it's not an argument of 'who deserves to have kids' but an argument of 'if you don't have the resources, is having children really a good idea'? And in today's society... providing food and shelter isn't enough. They need the 'skills' to survive the environment... an environment that happens to be a capitalist society.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aera, I'm glad you took the time to say what I didn't feel like articulating anymore.

This thread is still going on? Lol.

Anyway, I understand what you all are saying. I know you arent wishing bad on me or anything of that sort. You're telling me what I need to hear.

I've already found an apartment. It's not finished being built yet though. It's a 2 bedroom for $800 a month, which in these days is a pretty damn good deal. I'm moving towards getting a government job. It would be better for me because my boyfriend and I are both going to be off on weekends and I would get holidays off. If need be, I'd gladly pay my parents or my boyfriend's parents to watch the baby, though I doubt they would ask or even accept it. I'm sending my daughter to daycare. She's at that age now where they are accepting them, but since she's still potty training it could be a little while.

My boyfriend already brings home at least 1300-1400 every month so I know this promotion will bring him up to at least 1600 a month.

Honestly, I'm not worried. I know that I will do what it takes to bring up my children in a good home even if it is not a wealthy home. I've already made sacrifices of luxuries I used to get, which is no problem for me. I know there will be hard times and times where I will feel like I've made a huge mistake, but I know I will make it through.

I've had a change of heart about college. I'm considering The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale to pursue fashion designing like I already planned. I still want to attend cosmetology school so I can have that AND a fashion line.

I'm not hurt by what any of you are saying because I know you are looking out for the children's best benefits, so thanks for your concerns.

I'll try to keep you guys updated, I'm not really on the computer as much.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Congrats Nisha! It's too bad so many people are being pricks, if it makes you happy I think that's great. You = mommy x 2 now lol

I think Ladienisha has a great character. Cheers!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had a change of heart about college. I'm considering The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale to pursue fashion designing like I already planned. I still want to attend cosmetology school so I can have that AND a fashion line.
    Nisha, not to burst your bubble, but since you have kids to think about I would *strongly* recommend you consider a career that has a fairly guaranteed hope of a well-paying job at the end. If you are going to spend the time & money to go to college, make it really worth it.

Consider something in healthcare (nurses & technologists are very needed), accounting, teaching, dental, or even a trade such as electrical--those who can work with fibre optic cable are becoming quite valuable.

^Fras, you reading this too, I hope?

You are very young. 18 is not at all old, you have lots of time & you CAN learn these skills.

FWIW.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i agree with fashion not being a realistic field to find a job in. cosmetology though might be worth it. all she needs is to get an esthetician license and she is set to work.

i really like this change though in Nisha. She seems to be really motivated to do good by both of her children no matter what it takes. She already has everything planned out, and her boyfriend is going to be there for her every step of the way. At least now she has someone to fall back on.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only problem I have with these service-based businesses is that her schedule will need to fit around her clients. Evenings, weekends, etc. With small children, this could be difficult. Best to get a job that is more 9 - 5, which can expand once they are in school. Even better, one that can be done by telecommute (finance, etc).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, and that would be more secure. i still stick by medical field. medical billing/coding/nurse/collecting/front and back office. it pays well and has great benefits usually and provides security.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Within the past couple days I've been so unsure of things with school. The latest thing I thought about getting into was web and graphic design. My reason for thinking of that is because I'd be taking courses online and working at home so there is no babysitter for the kids other than myself and their father. No one to rely on which makes me feel good. I am dying to be independent, I just know I have a long road ahead of me before I can get there.

I've also thought about nursing school cuz from all the info I've heard about the Labor and Delivery floor from one of my coworkers, I've become soooo interested in it. That or the morgue(lol).

I'm afraid I will have to start out with depending on the government to get a step up. As much as I dont want to, I think I really need to. I'm going to try for Section 8, which helps with rent and so forth, and wehn I am more financially stable, I am definitely going to let them know that their assistance is no longer necessary. Pride is my deadliest sin so I think this is a hard pill to swallow seeing as alot of people look down on people who use the government to their advantage. I'm not abusing my power though, I just need a little help.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Here's a quote from a friend: "If you don't know where you are going you may end of somewhere you've never been." Sorry, I can't really interpret because I don't really know what it means but it sounds good.

Also, I have heard this much more than once: College students are one of the biggest users of government assistance. So do what you have to do to get a great start. I know the college students do and did.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What about becoming a Virtual Assistant? There's a growing demand for those, and you can work from home. Still, for that I would strongly recommend some kind of accounting courses. Most colleges/unis offer those kinds of courses online. You can study from home.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oh god don't do web design. That shit is horrible. I don't even enjoy tinkering on my own website anymore, after a few years of web design.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast