+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Live-in boyfriend not manning up because I won't get abortion

Quote Originally Posted by joanna1 View Post
    That is a tricky situation because you already knew his feelings from the start of the relationship, you should never have agreed to something so important to you, your body etc without taking into consideration the actuality of your feelings if it did happen. Maybe you agreed to please him in the start of the relationship and in the back of your mind you felt he would back off his stance if it actually happened.
    yea... also known as the ole "bait and switch." Something I'm ashamed to admit that women seem to do far more then men. Disingenuous and vile that.
    But he was obviously serious all that time in how he felt. You knew his feelings, if he had lied to you in the start then maybe you can say he won't man up, but in reality you always knew he wouldn't because he doesn't want children, period.
    Can I get a hearty "Amen" from my fellow sisters? This is word! Op you are the author of your own mis-fortune and it would do you well to grow up and learn a lesson from this.

If you want the baby plan on having it without him as your partner for now and find other people to help and support you emotionally during your pregnancy and birth, you will make yourself ill arguing about this with him. You both have made your minds up on this topic.
    yes, time to get on with your "plan." YOUR plan, certainly not his or anything that he agreed to.

Offering to pay child support and visiting is his way of manning up, in my opinion but only you know him.
    This is not an opinion. It is fact. You're bound him in a way he did not want to be bound. I will say that if he was so adament about not wanting children then he should have gotten snipped because like I said, there are disengenuous people out there and if you don't want kids then you should be looking after your choice yourself and not leaving that up to others.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    I'm not making anything up for my argument. I'm right so I don't have to make up anything. She never mentioned being on contraceptives. I'm going off what she posted. Maybe when we read it we have diff perceptions. To me it sounds like they were just riding off hope and it was like, f uck it, if a pregnancy happen. I'll get rid of it. That's how I'm readin it. I could be wrong and we really won't know until the op comes and clarify some things. Until then my opinion might chance, however I still stand by my belief. Yes it's manipulative for a woman to lie about it and of course the man initial reaction is going to be, what about the abortion we talked about etc but if she decides not to abort he need to get over it. That's just a consequence of sex and last I checked it took two to make a baby. Point blank and the period.

If she did not explicitly say one way or the other that she was using contraception, you don't know. You can't "make up" your own scenario to fit your world view.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    Soooo she chose not to abort her child and you feel sorry for her child why? You don't know what type of mother she'll be. Didn't the woman who raised you told you don't listen to these chics when they say they on the pill or anything? Look at how many men got kids from listening to a woman.

As a child of divorced parents, I know the impact of having a father who is not present or barely present.

And yes I have been told and am very aware that you cannot trust a woman when she says she's on the pill.
    Last edited by RobertWQ; 22-11-13 at 05:25 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    You are every man's nightmare.
    And also the women who gave birth to sons.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    This is not an opinion. It is fact. You're bound him in a way he did not want to be bound. I will say that if he was so adament about not wanting children then he should have gotten snipped because like I said, there are disengenuous people out there and if you don't want kids then you should be looking after your choice yourself and not leaving that up to others.
    This is the bottom line. I'm done. BOOM!!!

What are you trying to say?

What are you talking about and to whom are you talking?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    The point is he was honest. Like she said in the title, he's not manning up. I doubt anyone would disagree. The real point is, he told her straight up, from the beginning that he would not be manning up in this situation. I agree, trusting women is a slippery slope, but a person can only control themselves, and he was honest with her. You contend they had such a deep relationship, so why is it so crazy that he would trust her?? She has no right to come here bitching about him when hes done nothing but tell the truth, and she has lied to him.

Sounds like this is personal, because you're making no sense.
    Uhm no it's not a personal but I do feel.a certain way about it but not enough to derail my opinion. I been thru something similar when I was 16 but 10 years later, I don't make these silly mistakes. I take care of MYSELF and I don't have slip ups. I wouldnt depend on a guy to pull out of me and say, I'll just abort...no, I'll be on a contraceptive. It's nothing personal. I feel the same way about girls who keep having kids all over the place with sorry baby daddies. Obviously they don't like condoms, so why not be responsible and take care of yourself? That goes for men and women.

At his age to be going thru this doesn't make sense to me. So I don't know what you're talking about there and neither do you .
    Last edited by Starnique; 22-11-13 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    What are you talking about and to whom are you talking?
    I was talking to Vashti

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertWQ View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    This woman is also every mother's worst nightmare. If my son got caught up with her, I'd be very unhappy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I would not want to have to bring a ratchet chick around my mom. I can see it now..

I agree with the posters who said you knew his thoughts on this topic and you agreed with him in the beginning, by going through with it he probably feels betrayed and let down by you.
    You can't change someones deadset mind, ever!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    This woman is also every mother's worst nightmare. If my son got caught up with her, I'd be very unhappy.
    Yep and that's why you're suppose to guide your children and teach them the right things so that they dont get caught up with this. You teach them to take care of themselves. I would be equally pissed off it my daughter told me that she was pregnant and he was acting stupid about it.

I'm going to tell my friends to join this forum so it can be realistic different input around here. =)

I dont think OP is coming back..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I would be equally pissed off it my daughter told me that she was pregnant and he was acting stupid about it.
    I'd be just as pissed off at her for being so stupid as to allow herself to become pregnant with a man that clearly told her DID NOT want children. She deserves to be mad at just as much as he does.

OP: (Great troll post)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast