+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Failure of the 2 Parent System

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i talked to a rabbi one time who talked to me about marriage. he said that the people who are in your wedding are the ones who are supposed to support you as a team and help out. that is missing nowadays.

Wow, this is a sobering thought, considering my maid of honor HATES children and told me that when I have them they can't come to her house. Hmmmm!

I grew up with my grandparents being like second parents to me. I was close to my aunts, uncles and cousins. Now, our family is spread out all over hell's half acre, and that distresses me. I will seriously consider moving closer to family when we plan the first child. I can't imagine them not growing up knowing their extended family as closely as I did mine. It added a lot to my life.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Wow, this is a sobering thought, considering my maid of honor HATES children and told me that when I have them they can't come to her house. Hmmmm!
    Wow. I hope she never gets knocked up.
    Spammer Spanker

Wow someone actually said that to you BlueSummer? That is terrible >:O

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i talked to a rabbi one time who talked to me about marriage. he said that the people who are in your wedding are the ones who are supposed to support you as a team and help out. that is missing nowadays.
    The last three weddings I attended (last 5 years), all did this. The minister had the immediate family all stand and agree to help them. Two non-denom, and other Anglican.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Not that long ago I read a rather elaborate work on how our western civilized society, especialy the socalled american society (I know this sounds like anti-US propaganda) encourages divorce.

Points that were raised:

- Laywers make money by encouraging divorce.
    - Why would you need a prenuptial agreement?
    - Divorce is the easy way out, rather than attempt to work on the problems in a relation.
    - Career above marriage.
    - Materialism, heavily influenced by the media, resulting in both parents working.
    - Individuality, mistakingly linked against freedom, heavily encouraged by the media (lonesome cowboy commercial).
    - The rise of the feminist movement.

I can't remember the other points but those were pretty much the ones that stood out.

It is theorized all this (and some more) combined contributes to the downbreak of the two parent system.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 30-07-09 at 01:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Well, I can give you the high-class part. But you don't need to buy me, Doc. I don't need the money.
    Would you give me these proposed high class free slappings while I'm clipping double dollar dazzler days coupons. (It's just a fantasy is all).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Wow. I hope she never gets knocked up.
    She's married and her husband doesn't want kids either (he doesn't hate them though). She's had abortions before, she definitely wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Wow someone actually said that to you BlueSummer? That is terrible >:O

Yeah, my best friend. She also told me she'd never throw me a baby shower because she doesn't think having a baby is something to be celebrating.

I'm seriously rethinking our relationship.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post

Yeah, my best friend. She also told me she'd never throw me a baby shower because she doesn't think having a baby is something to be celebrating.

I'm seriously rethinking our relationship.
    Yuck. Let us throw you an e-shower on the forum. We'll load you up with e-diapers and stuff.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sweet, would you get me e-drunk too, since I won't be allowed for real at that point?

Mmmmmm....e-margaritas.

Oh my goodness Blue, that is so sad.

It's one thing to not want kids, but to have such a hatred for them...is that even normal?

And I notice you say abortion(S) and not one.....that really turned my stomach.

I mean, if you hate kids that much I'd expect you to be a protection freak.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know, I think it's sad and abnormal (especially for a woman) to be disgusted by kids. To her, having an abortion is like pulling a rotting tooth....necessary to prevent her from any future complications. However, the last seven years she's been on depo shots and she gets them one after the other so she doesn't even get a period.

I get that having kids isn't everyone's cup of tea, but actually hating them is almost inhuman as far as I'm concerned.

is it just children she has distain for? kinda sounds like there is more going on with her
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only thing is that she's sort of a princess. Only child, and she doesn't like anyone stealing her spotlight. She told me one of the reasons she'd never have kids is because "everyone would pay attention to the baby and not me." She doesn't want her husband wasting money on a baby when he could could instead be using it to buy her stuff.

Plus, she said they're annoying and creepy looking.

oh right, so she's an empty shell that is completely manipulated by her environment of materialism. i think that's becoming an epidemic
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's fine, materialistic selfish people shouldn't breed anyways, think of the messed up children they'd be putting into society.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234