+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OMG guys, I just had an epiphany on love while replying to posts!

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    I'm going to say how love and my thoughts of it are cuz u said u wanted debate and thoughts.
    I'm a 23 year old female. My first relationship was 3 years ago and it only lasted for four months. My second relationship that I am in now has been going on for over 13 months and we have been living together for 8 months.

Love isn't everything to me. It never has been. And I thank god for that. I am a very independent person. I was an only child til I was 13 but I had a lonely life because of parent problems , so I've always counted on myself to love myself and entertain myself and meet my own needs. I'm so glad I didn't go the other way and look for a boy to fill my needs and get pregnant at 14.
    When I'm with a boyfriend I don't think "were going to be together forever" because it's probably not practical. But we COuLD be together a really long time. If we break up its because we weren't happy anymore so I wouldn't be sad. Life is so long. Even if u just have a great short year long relationship with someone and then broke up, at least u had a good time for a year and probably learned a few lessons about what u want in your next mate.
    To never seek out love because it won't be forever is very sad and against human nature. We are not meant to live by ourselves. God wanted us to make a family, whatever that means to the individual. But families include more than one person.
    So my advice is don't put pressure on a relationship seeming like it needs to last forever and don't think its pointless if it's not going to last forever. enjoy every day u have with them and that's not a waste.
    Thanks. I'm 23 too btw =P

I guess my problem is that I can't handle the end of relationships. But what you said kind of supports my original post -- that you don't need to look at a relationship as a permanent salvation--just take it at face value and you won't cling to it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    ROFL....that is ridiculous and has nothing to do with love.

If you don't understand love at least stop marginalizing it.
    Then what is love?

lol don't say "Baby, don't hurt me.."

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Thats why a few sessions of therapy will do you good. You should also research co dependency in detail-even join co dependants anonymous etc.. you need to be emotionally stable, independant and confident if you want a healthy lasting relationship.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    lol I'm already getting a bit of help. But I have deducted that tit's not co-dependecny per se that is wrong with me--but I'd rather not state online what it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    Then what is love?

lol don't say "Baby, don't hurt me.."
    Love isn't the breathless heart-pounding fluttery feeling in your chest when you look at your partner - that's infatuation.

Love is the quiet warm mellow feeling when you utterly trust your partner. Love is the knowledge that you'd do anything for them, and the certainty that the opposite is also true. Love isn't about passion, though it can be passionate. Love is about mutual support and caring.

You know how your relationship is with your best friend? That's love, and in fact that's very close to my relationship with my wife, with sex added in. It's very easy when you've got it right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234