+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: asian girls?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DXX View Post
    Turn on your TV and in almost every Hollywood movie you see a white guy with an asian girl or a black guy with a white girl.
    If you're gonna generalize, might as well make it a good one.

Let me correct you with my own generalization.

Most movies and TV show white guys with white girls...and black guys with black girls...and GASP! asian guys with asian girls!

As someone who is half-white and half-Japanese, I'm officially allowed to comment on both sides without getting in trouble

Many caucasian men think of Japanese as cute, docile, quiet, innocent... at least at first. But the culture is quite complex in that many Japanese don't like saying "no" even if a "yes" means a flat-out lie. My first-generation Japanese mother being my primary influence while growing up, I think that my attitudes and personality are more traditionally Japanese... and I find that I have a tendency to get into this "people-pleasing" rut.

Many of my friends being asian as well, I've noticed that there is a tendency to backstab instead of saying something directly to someone's face. More recently I've been spending time with white friends, some of whom are a lot more sarcastic/blunt than my asian friends. At first it's a little shocking, but it's refreshing to not have anybody in the dark, and less risk of backstab =)

I'm the first "asian" girl that my boyfriend has gone out with, and the way he describes his white exes, they sound like they have a lot more attitude and spunk than me (the reason they broke up, fyi). It's actually interesting that all my boyfriend's male friends are white, and all those friend's girlfriends are asian.

Big Disclaimer: Of course I'm making broad generalizations here. We all know of MANY exceptions.
    Last edited by sachi; 18-08-06 at 03:38 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sachi View Post
    more sarcastic/blunt than my asian friends. At first it's a little shocking, but it's refreshing to not have anybody in the dark, and less risk of backstab =)
    That's me in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by sachi View Post
    As someone who is half-white and half-Japanese, I'm officially allowed to comment on both sides without getting in trouble

Many caucasian men think of Japanese as cute, docile, quiet, innocent... at least at first. But the culture is quite complex in that many Japanese don't like saying "no" even if a "yes" means a flat-out lie. My first-generation Japanese mother being my primary influence while growing up, I think that my attitudes and personality are more traditionally Japanese... and I find that I have a tendency to get into this "people-pleasing" rut.

Many of my friends being asian as well, I've noticed that there is a tendency to backstab instead of saying something directly to someone's face. More recently I've been spending time with white friends, some of whom are a lot more sarcastic/blunt than my asian friends. At first it's a little shocking, but it's refreshing to not have anybody in the dark, and less risk of backstab =)

I'm the first "asian" girl that my boyfriend has gone out with, and the way he describes his white exes, they sound like they have a lot more attitude and spunk than me (the reason they broke up, fyi). It's actually interesting that all my boyfriend's male friends are white, and all those friend's girlfriends are asian.

Big Disclaimer: Of course I'm making broad generalizations here. We all know of MANY exceptions.

i agree with what u said how asian are more into the backstabing thing...i guess thats why i prefer to hang out with white freinds cause they dont have the tendency to backstab...i think white guys are better to be freinds with then white girls cause white guy won't still your boyfreind kidding.... just white guys seem to be more honesty and not being as much of a bitch like white girls (sorry about the language) and they know how to please girls.... and of course the way white guys think are a lot different from the way i see things which make it very interesting and attrative too

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow - I am learning something new everyday. White girls are bitches, and asian girls are backstabbers. White guys are honest (haha), and I guess this makes asian guys dishonest?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Wow - I am learning something new everyday. White girls are bitches, and asian girls are backstabbers. White guys are honest (haha), and I guess this makes asian guys dishonest?
    no asian guys are cheaters....

I'm going to have to take exception to that one as well. I had to laugh out loud.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I'm going to have to take exception to that one as well. I had to laugh out loud.

I am guessing the latest crop of newbies are maybe ... 20 years old??
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I am guessing the latest crop of newbies are maybe ... 20 years old??

Hmmmm. Maybe. I think I had a pretty good handle on the fact that there was a big, beautiful rainbow of liars out there by the time I was 20.

Just a big, beautiful rainbow, with all the colors...

I was just commenting on some general characteristics of cultures. Perhaps I went a little overboard. But ask almost any member of Chinese/Japanese culture and they will say that "saving face" is a big part of the culture

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think wishing to "save face" is universal. However, allowing others the ability to save face seems much less common, and also much more asian. It's a very good quality.

i think asian people tend to be a little more polite...as an example, the first day i moved in with my roommate, they made me a really nice dinner but it was fish and i got sick whenever i eat fish. i ate it anyways cause i didn't want to be rude...that just the way we are....polite and sometime we like to keep things to ourselves

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So wait, what if you're somewhere between asian and white?

Heh?

What then??

Your logic is flawed.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by cathliya View Post
    i think asian people tend to be a little more polite...as an example, the first day i moved in with my roommate, they made me a really nice dinner but it was fish and i got sick whenever i eat fish. i ate it anyways cause i didn't want to be rude...that just the way we are....polite and sometime we like to keep things to ourselves
    That is not an "asian" quality. That is just plain old good manners.

See, i'll admit that the problem arises for us westernized asian males. I'm fluently bilingual in mandarin and english, more so english, and pretty much all westernized in other aspects. I grew up watching hollywood and so have the impression of beauty as blonde-hair blue eyes, which is half the reason why i don't find asian girls attractive. The other half is culture. Believe it or not, but i was raised by my own parents to AVOID mainland chinese girls at ALL COSTS, especially my father, which is super ironic. Its just that we know too many asian families where the mom becomes domineering towards both the dad and the kid, which is not what I want. As with other stereotypes, such as being very cheap.. Also, asian families have a lot less love. I have yet to see a single asian family where the husband kisses the wife when the see each other or anything like that. I crave affection in a relationship.

I don't mean to offend any asian here, since i'm 100% asian myself. But its just the observations i've made in my life so far.

In high school, I've found white girls more affectionate, friendly and attractive. Asian girls are totally shy and never seem to approach me. Although sadly, all the three crushes girls have had on me, were from asian girls whom i had zero interest in... Yet the only girl i've gone out with was scottish/irish.

well university will be interesting.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast