+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Age difference

Quote Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
    I understand your views and concerns. But I can assure you there is nothing wrong with my boyfriend, us falling in love was not exactly planned and as I said there are ground rules, we are never alone together. If we are in my room, door stays open. If we go out either one of my parents goes or I have to take a few friends and call my mom every half hour. We are not having sex and will not until we both feel ready and that time will definitely come after I am 18 or even older.

I can't really justify our relationship, I just know I love him. I suppose that may sound silly coming from a teenager to an older person, but its true.

I stand by my opinion that OP should tell the girl how he feels.
    Seriously... there is something wrong with a young man that wants to date a child. However you feel right now, you're still a child albeit on the threshold of womanhood... but you were even more a child at 16.

I don't care how glib or sincere a young woman was at that age, if a 21 year old wanted to date either of my sons at 16 the answer would be "no.", which is why I say there's something wrong with your parents' thinking.

Hey, it's just an opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I understand your views and concerns. But I can assure you there is nothing wrong with my boyfriend, us falling in love was not exactly planned and as I said there are ground rules, we are never alone together. If we are in my room, door stays open. If we go out either one of my parents goes or I have to take a few friends and call my mom every half hour.I can't really justify our relationship,
    It sounds like a fun relationship

Eh, its annoying being supervised. But we put up with it because we want to be together.

He is worth it.
    Let my kiss steal the breath from your lips...<3

Eh, its annoying being supervised. But we put up with it because we want to be together.

He is worth it.
    Fair enough, but dont you think a 20 yr old male confiding in a 13 yr old f/m on line, is a bit seedy?

HIA, when I was 15 I met a 19 yr old guy and we got together shortly afterward. About 6 weeks later he asked me to marry him. I said yes and we told my mum. She surprised me by being happy for me, my nan even bought a bottle of champagne. My mum told my dad and no one objected. I was rather surprised. Within 6 months we broke up (I got the shits with him for shaving off his goatee rather than his side burns like I had asked. I felt not listened to. I was only 15).

Turns out my mum told no one to object as she saw it for what it was, a silly infatuation and she knew that if anyone objected I'd get pig headed and stubborn and marry him to prove a point. Maybe that's what the parents were thinking in this case.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Fair enough, but dont you think a 20 yr old male confiding in a 13 yr old f/m on line, is a bit seedy?
    yes, when you say it like that it does sound shady.

Maybe I am just trying to compare his situation to much with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    HIA, when I was 15 I met a 19 yr old guy and we got together shortly afterward. About 6 weeks later he asked me to marry him. I said yes and we told my mum. She surprised me by being happy for me, my nan even bought a bottle of champagne. My mum told my dad and no one objected. I was rather surprised. Within 6 months we broke up (I got the shits with him for shaving off his goatee rather than his side burns like I had asked. I felt not listened to. I was only 15).

Turns out my mum told no one to object as she saw it for what it was, a silly infatuation and she knew that if anyone objected I'd get pig headed and stubborn and marry him to prove a point. Maybe that's what the parents were thinking in this case.
    LOL... I suppose that's possible. I have had several incidents with my oldest in which he's about to make a stupid decision and told me about it. I never told him "no", but I would tell him "I think you're making a mistake, and here's why." He's argued with me at the time but thought about it later and concluded that I was right. The difference being that I was not being an authoritarian and laying down the law, but treating him as an (almost) adult and letting him make his own decisions with MY opinion in mind. The only drawback to this is that he no longer tells me if he thinks I'm going to tell him he's making a mistake. His loss... he doesn't want to benefit from my experience, that's his loss. Someday he'll come around and start asking my opinion again... or not, as he wishes. I'm his dad, not his boss.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Completely possible Maiden. But I like to think my mom knows I am responsible enough to not do anything toooo crazy. ;P Granted, she is always keeping an eye on us lol.

You guys seems to have made an awful lot of assumptions about me. I didn't go "chatting her up", we became friends on a forum through common interests. And I don't see whats wrong with being friends with a younger person. If you get along then you should be friends, regardless of age. Anyways, I appreciate most of your input and I will wait a few years to tell her. I just feel a lot better having gotten this off of my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver06 View Post
    I appreciate most of your input and I will wait a few years to tell her. .
    Hope it works out otherwise you've just wasted @5 yrs of your life. Have you met her in person? I hope she's as" REAL" as your FB friends.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver06 View Post
    You guys seems to have made an awful lot of assumptions about me. I didn't go "chatting her up", we became friends on a forum through common interests. And I don't see whats wrong with being friends with a younger person. If you get along then you should be friends, regardless of age. Anyways, I appreciate most of your input and I will wait a few years to tell her. I just feel a lot better having gotten this off of my chest.
    Same how I met my ex back then. It's fun how people assume you just go out hunting for young girls. xD
    Hope it works out for you. One advice I need to give you, don't put your life on hold. This young girl... just stay friends and any potential relationship in the future is only potential. Don't close your eyes to other opportunities. You might miss out on the greatest girl if you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Hope it works out otherwise you've just wasted @5 yrs of your life. Have you met her in person? I hope she's as" REAL" as your FB friends.
    It's only wasting 5 years if he puts his life on hold for her. Otherwise it's just a friendship. Why is that 5 wasted years?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234