+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In the name of the Father

Thanks for the comments.

I actually have a pretty good understanding of dementia. I have recently been to a seminar on it as I visit an elderly lady in a nursing home that has dementia.

Mum and Dad are both 71 and do present with the early signs.

Thank you shh! for making me think of that as another potential possibility and everyone else for being supportive.

No problem... I'd rather think of my parent as suffering from some neurological disorder than think of him as just being an asshole.

It's very difficult to have aging parents. We went through dementia with my mother-in-law, who had Alzheimer's Disease. It's really devastating.

Hang in there, Dasein.

well shh the thing is i have a family member suffering from Alzheimer's Disease and what i've seen is that they have gotten very quickly worse almost the instant they got diagnosed and given drugs....so yes i know the full effect of being labeled....think carefully dasein....early signs are ways the pharma industry has to trap people into being labeled..when infact the person could have lived a much longer and happier life without a label or drug to cure it
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    well shh the thing is i have a family member suffering from Alzheimer's Disease and what i've seen is that they have gotten very quickly worse almost the instant they got diagnosed and given drugs....so yes i know the full effect of being labeled....think carefully dasein....early signs are ways the pharma industry has to trap people into being labeled..when infact the person could have lived a much longer and happier life without a label or drug to cure it

Eco he is not on any medication for dementia.

Also there are many different forms of dementia such a Lewy body etc so there is no blanket diagnosis for all people. The people that I see in the nursing home are living with dementia and die from illness coupled with social isolation.

Anyway this thread has gone way off topic.
    Last edited by Dasein; 25-09-08 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Spelling

eco - Dementia is a progressive disorder that ends in death. Medication does not stop it, it merely slows it down. If you were expecting a cure or a complete halt to the disease process, you were expecting too much.
    Last edited by shh!; 25-09-08 at 11:52 AM.

no shh i wasnt expecting a cure....the quality of life for my family member went immediately down....way down....unecessarily with the prescribed drugs....if they had been left things would have been a much slower and more pleasant process...if you can call it pleasant at all....but ye kno what i mean
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234