+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Battered Rihanna Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    But then I'd just think she, and her partners, are idiots for not getting tested.
    Sorry but herpes is not on the regularly sti testing list. You have to specifically ask for it and many people don't know that when they ask to have a sti screening. I doubt many people on LF has taken that test so I can't call them an idiot.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

hey vashhhh, what was that percentage of people who have herpes again?

my guess is 99.99999999999999999999999%
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    hey vashhhh, what was that percentage of people who have herpes again?

my guess is 99.99999999999999999999999%
    1 in 4 women.

1 in 5 men.

And I wouldn't care if 99% of the population had it or not. I don't and if some bitch gave it to me, I'd likely beat her ass.
    I don't chase, I replace.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most people with herpes type II are asymptomatic. Unless you've been tested, you don't KNOW if you have it or not, and yes, you COULD be spreading it around, even if you aren't symptomatic.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't really care for lives of celebrities that much, but I think he is a slime for doing what he did. Regardless whether she gave him an std or got angry with him or called one of her friends to say something nasty, there's no excuse for what he did and I hope he serves time for it to serve as an example to all other guys out there who think it's okay to cowardly beat a weak woman.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She asked for it

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    1 in 4 women.

1 in 5 men.

And I wouldn't care if 99% of the population had it or not. I don't and if some bitch gave it to me, I'd likely beat her ass.
    you've already got it if you've ever had a cold core. there are different types of herpes.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

my doctor told me that herpes does NOT show up on any blood tests, you have to have a genital herpes outbreak in order to pass it to your partner. most people go through life not knowing that they have until they get an outbreak, and then it is your responsibility to inform your partner to wait it out until it's completely healed.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    you've already got it if you've ever had a cold core. there are different types of herpes.

raverboy
    I've never had a cold sore.

I've never had a genital herpes outbreak.

I'm clean and I intend to stay that way.

You can think it's cowardly all you want, but if some female were to give me herpes, I would likely beat her especially if she knew that she had it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It can be diagnosed with a blood test, but because it is so common, it is not routinely tested for unless a doctor actually sees an ulcer or unless the doctor is specifically ASKED to test for it. Also, you most certainly CAN spread it without an outbreak (viral shedding). I don't know what kind of bullshit your doctor is feeding you, indignant. [url]http://www.fda.gov/Fdac/features/2002/202_herp.html[/url]

Cain - didn't you get any sex education in your nursing program? I already told you that you need not have EVER had a cold sore or any other symptoms, and yet you may indeed be a carrier who is spreading it around. The only way you will know if you have it or not is to get tested.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-02-09 at 01:11 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It can be diagnosed with a blood test, but because it is so common, it is not routinely tested for unless a doctor actually sees an ulcer or unless the doctor is specifically ASKED to test for it.

Cain - didn't you get any sex education in your nursing program? I already told you that you need not have EVER had a cold sore or any other symptoms, and yet you may indeed be a carrier who is spreading it around. The only way you will know if you have it or not is to get tested.
    What did I just say in an earlier post?

I've asked for tests. The only thing I couldn't be tested for was HPV.

He probably hasn’t. Young men sometimes tend not to be touchy-feely at a young age. If he continues to have several sexual partners, his chance of acquiring something increases drastically.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    my doctor told me that herpes does NOT show up on any blood tests,
    Your doctor is a filthy liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post

You can think it's cowardly all you want, but if some female were to give me herpes, I would likely beat her especially if she knew that she had it.
    If you had unprotected sex with someone without both of you getting tested, you deserve dick sores. And a beating.

After I got divorced, I had a rebound experience. It was with one guy, one time, but it was a horrible mistake. I had sex with this guy without a condom, I'm mortified to say. I have absolutely no excuse, and if I had contracted every STI on the planet, it would have been my own fault.

After I did this, I got myself tested for everything under the sun, including herpes. I even went back six months later and got re-tested, I was so nervous about it. They can't test whether or not you actually have herpes breakouts and can pass it on, but they can test for whether or not you've ever been exposed to it. Miraculously, I wasn't.

If my husband brought herpes home, I'd beat him for sure.

What do you guys think the likelihood is that one of them had this before they even got together? It can take ages to show up, you know. Do you think they both got tested?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It can be diagnosed with a blood test, but because it is so common, it is not routinely tested for unless a doctor actually sees an ulcer or unless the doctor is specifically ASKED to test for it. Also, you most certainly CAN spread it without an outbreak (viral shedding). I don't know what kind of bullshit your doctor is feeding you, indignant. [url]http://www.fda.gov/Fdac/features/2002/202_herp.html[/url]

[url]http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_testing.cfm[/url]

Blood tests can be used when a person has no visible symptoms but has concerns about having herpes. Blood tests do not actually detect the virus; instead, they look for antibodies (the body's immune response) in the blood.

1. Many assume that if a test discovers IgM, they have recently acquired herpes. However, research shows that IgM can reappear in blood tests in up to a third of people during recurrences, while it will be negative in up to half of persons who recently acquired herpes but have culture-document first episodes. Therefore, IgM tests can lead to deceptive test results, as well as false assumptions about how and when a person actually acquired HSV. For this reason, we do not recommend using blood tests as a way to determine how long a person has had herpes. Unfortunately, most people who are diagnosed will not be able to determine how long they have had the infection (see reference 1).

2. In addition, IgM tests cannot accurately distinguish between HSV-1 and HSV-2 antibodies, and thus very easily provide a false positive result for HSV-2. This is important in that most of the adult population in the U.S. already has antibodies to HSV-1, the primary cause of oral herpes. A person who only has HSV-1 may receive a false positive for HSV-2.

3. IgM tests sometimes cross-react with other viruses in the same family, such as varicella zoster virus (VZV) which causes chickenpox or cytomegalovirus (CMV) which causes mono, meaning that positive results may be misleading.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ???

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, indignant. Your post just confirms what I said, which is that there IS a way to test.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast