+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Two Girls, One Problem

Dave, there are a few problems with your cookie analogy. First, she isn't the only one who bakes cookies. Second, there are other tasty treats other than cookies. Third, you will get cavities if you eat too many cookies. Fourth, even Cookie Monster eats a carrot or an apple once in a while. Fifth, you can not exist on cookies alone. Sixth, your analogy works out to this - "I like crack. If someone offers me crack, I will accept it." See, it doesn't always work the way I think you want it to mean.

But I think we have beaten this topic to death. Everyone agree?
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    Dave, there are a few problems with your cookie analogy. First, she isn't the only one who bakes cookies.
    She's the only one bakin' for me.

Second, there are other tasty treats other than cookies.
    Yes, sometimes brownies are a nice treat as well. Or my favorite Italian dessert, TARAmisu. HAH!

Third, you will get cavities if you eat too many cookies.
    I brush my teeth regularly.

Fourth, even Cookie Monster eats a carrot or an apple once in a while.
    Cookies Are A Sometimes Food.

Fifth, you can not exist on cookies alone.
    I don't gorge on cookies, but I enjoy 'em when I can. Mmm snickerdoodles...

Sixth, your analogy works out to this - "I like crack. If someone offers me crack, I will accept it."
    Except crack is a harmful drug, while sexual intercourse is considered one of the best cardio workouts available. I think swimming is a close second if I remember correctly.

See, it doesn't always work the way I think you want it to mean.
    It worked. It just wasn't well received.

But I think we have beaten this topic to death. Everyone agree?
    When it comes to tearing apart and finding fault with a cookie analogy it's definitely a sign to pack it up.

LMFAO We went from cheating to baking cookies! This thread is hilarious!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I think you may be missing the point.
    He feels as if his admission of cheating on Kaysie gets him off the hook for being labeled "scum"
    and nets him points for being compassionate...When it comes to his relationship (with Kaysie) ---> it does.

When it comes to US giving him advice: it doesn't (because taking into account all actions is HOW he got here in the 1st place) and he knows it, just can't admit it.
    He also feels it wasn't cheating because he was in a monogamous: prostitution based relationship except that he didn't have to pay for it.
    You (seemingly) also fail to see that she DOES like him doing that because she is still there happy to spread her legs without an obligation.
    Whether or not she feels she "loves" him or not is irrelevant because she has been told (to Dave's point) that he doesn't want a commitment and
    that given the opportunity he would bang Angelina Jolie (among other women he noted) -as long as he gave her advanced notice (as if she were car insurance)

Kaysie is proud to wear the Unpaid Whore badge of dishonor. This isn't Dave's fault he picks dumb women as sexual partners.
    It's only his fault because he's failed to realize that SHE equates sex with love and commitment -even though her actions say different. (A contradiction)
    Which Dave sees, just doesn't GAS to act on it. I no longer see a problem with this er, "relationship." It works broken perfectly.
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 06-01-11 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post

Kaysie is proud to wear the Unpaid Whore badge of dishonor. This isn't Dave's fault he picks dumb women as sexual partners.
    It's only his fault because he's failed to realize that SHE equates sex with love and commitment -even though her actions say different. (A contradiction)
    Which Dave sees, just doesn't GAS to act on it. I no longer see a problem with this er, "relationship." It works broken perfectly.
    I disagree. A person acting with dishonor does not excuse or negate another person's dishonorable conduct. If a married man who I know is married wants to have sex with me, he has the right to choose to act dishonorably by asking me, and again by following through if I accept. He is acting MORE dishonorably than me, even if I accept, because he has sworn an oath to his wife and everyone he loves and God, if he believes in God, to remain faithful. Fine, but if I choose to sleep with him, I am behaving dishonorably as well. That my action is less reprehensible than his means nothing, and if I have any self-respect I will decline his offer and leave him as the only morally corrupt one among us.

Kaysie is behaving in an immature way and is lacking in moral fortitude and self-respect. But accepting her offer of sex knowing that she is offering it from a debased place is not kind or respectable. She is agreeing to sex because she wants love that you know you will not ever give her, a good man would say no. And agreeing to meet her son! You don't meet the children of FBuddies, this kid is an innocent in all this and you are a grown man who knows you won't be coming into this kid's life in any meaningful way, why bring him into this? A man with self-respect, knowing that this is not healthy for anyone involved, would walk away.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234