+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Ladies: What's Your Favorite Way of Getting Dumped?

Originally posted by MVPlaya
    Of course I'm not sadist, I break up with girls aplenty these days (I am a player though), I just want to know what's the most effective way to do so. I want them to have some closure and leave me alone. So, I want to give them little heartbreak but I don't want them to try to get back through little tricks like trying to be friends with me or integrating themselves in to my friends' circles and stuff like that. Its really obvious and oh-so annoying. So, what's the best way to break up with women?

Hmmm, with so many sluts to choose from in the world, do you really need to go after decent girls who only want to have a true relationship, or, do I dare to say, love?

well it's finally happened, this board is now used to make up stories of how "so many women are after me" and "I can treat them all like shit cause I'm so cool." Pitiful. this is SUPPOSED to be a place to ask advice and chat about love, not make up ridiculous stories that are nothing but pure 100% lies. It's like when I'm on a martial arts forum, and you get some jackass saying he just defeated a biker gang single-handedly. {btw that hasn't happened just an example}.

Martial arts are cool. I've decided that if I ever take them, judo will be my style. I used to wrestle in high school, I'm short and stocky, so basically I'm geared towards throws and grappling. Don't think I'll ever take em though. I just have other things that are above it in priority. And they take up too much time.

Alexi

Judo isn't a fighting art it's more of a sport unfortunately. Try brazilian jujutsu, shootfighting, sambo, hapkido, aikijutsu.

I heard about brazilian jujutsu too. I just couldn't remember what it was called or I would've mentioned that one too. Sambo I haven't seen. BTW, do you know what style that was in that recent movie with The Rock and Sean whatever his name is? The action comedy where they're in the jungle and they are trying to find El Gato?

Alexi

Akido is really cool too. I have been taking it for about 2 years now.. I love it!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Puh-lease Tae Kwon Do will always be number #1, Wrestling and Sanshou compete for a distand second. Shen, I did Judo for a while and you're right, its more of a sport than a martial arts, but still, its got nice moves that you can apply should you need to.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Did Tae Kwon Do for three years when I was young, so I don't remember much. Did wrestling for a few years and got pretty good.

However I don't think I'd need any use of this stuff since I'm a very patient man and don't get angry easily at all. I'd rather walk away. I've only gotten into one fight, and I messed the kid up pretty bad, but I regret it to this day and I vowed to do everything I need to to stay away from physical violence. For everyone's sake/safety. Their's and my own. There's better ways. However it still doesn't hurt to know a little something in case someone forces you into a situation one day.

Alexi

I haven't fought in a while, I personally love my "Verbal Judo" skills, when guys act tough I know how to talk back and get them to back off, keeps me out of fights, but, you know, its good to be able to protect yourself and back up what you say.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

yo MVP.. Akido is a DEFENSE! NOT A FOR FIGHTING!

but you know that...
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    I took Shaolin Kempo Kung Fu and Shotokan Karate.

LINEBACKER 2

"Defense sports" my ass. If Tae Kwon Do was the "defense sport" they call it then why do they train jump kicks and offensive spindle kicks?

Linebacker, you like Kung Fu? I mean no offense but I've gone to plenty mixed tournaments and people who do Shaoling Kung Fu perform pretty poorly... although Omei Kung Fu students do pretty good.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

every style has it weaknesses.
    I am a red belt in taekwon do
    purple in jeet kune do
    yellow in kendo
    soon to be yellow in hapkido and koryo gumdo
    I can kickbox- box- and grapple.

tkd dosen't have the best hand skills, and it doesn't teach much if any grappling. Judo won't teach you how to defend against strikes.

Jane you are getting cooler by the minute.

I don't know what style they used in that movie, but the guy who did the fight scene you are most likely talking about is Ernie Reyes jr, a pretty well known martial artist though not very famous, he was in Rush hour 2 as the security guard who ran away and he was in ninja turtles 2. Some b films as well. His style is taekwondo I believe and he kickboxed too if I'm not mistaken.

there are 2 kinds of tkd wtf and itf. Itf is pretty much extinct, its what I was originally trained in. Itf tkd is a fighting art, wtf is the whole olympic rules thing- though some dojangs put an emphasis on self defense.

I don't belive in a superior martial arts style per se, only what works best for the individual.

Its true, TKD lacks hand-to-hand combat techniques, but I'm a first degree Black Belt (since last month!!!!!!!!!!), Blue-belt in Judo (have not practiced in a year), do boxing at my gym, and did collegiate wrestling in high school so I feel pretty good. In all, I like TKD best tho. No martial art is superior, but I feel that if you invest in one martial art for, lets say, 5 years, TKD or Karate would be more productive than Kung Fu styles.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Some kung fu is good, but I am not a fan of the animal styles.
    Monkey fu does not impress me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast