+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    "Yeah, I got really stoned on my couch last weekend, it was so cool man, and women love this guy to death."

Then there is the other type.

"Yeah, I was going into turn 7, and I just about broke the rear loose and pilled into the viper running next to me, anyway, I took him in the straights t over 180 MPH. What a day"

Again, it is all personal. Personally, car guys have never interested me very much. Cars, schmars. Blah, blah. Next thing you know he goes flying off the road and kills himself or someone else. Or else he just spends time and money on cars. Good for anyone who is into that sort of thing. We all have our interests. I just happen to find it shallow and empty.

Then again, who am I ? Just someone who obviously spends too much time on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Whayward
    " The pursuit of wealth. Virtually everything one can say about a drug addict, he can also say about someone whose primary drive is to accumulate wealth. Or a nation of "someones" whose primary drive is to accumulate resources. Like oil, say. They are equally addications. But, as in war, where serial murder can become heroism, when a nation a people all agree material wherewithal is a good thing, the damage that is done to one's self and other people and things pursuing that success is discounted. Just as a drug addict discounts the damage he does in pursuit of his addiction.
    Now give me a guy who could spend the day out in the wild away from the hustle and bustle, can make a fire out of nearly nothing, enjoy live music, volunteering and community activities.....who lives passionately in connection with the 'real natural world around him.
    Last edited by clynn; 03-02-06 at 02:46 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234