+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: r.i.p. coretta scott king

Tone Guest
    BRING EM ON ROSEB

I'll take anyone on!

indigosoul Guest
    I just wish that some posters here weren't quite so inflammatory with their statements. Especially when they have good ideas!! Being inflammatory makes ppl LESS likely to listen to the good points one is making. Its like having these wonderful pearls of wisdom, only to roll them in horse dung and expect ppl to still want them...

Its especially disappointing when such posts come from a mod. Who is, I thought, supposed to represent the "ideal" poster: thoughtful, helpful, and MODERATE.

::sigh::

Wow that's what, two or three times in this thread you have attempted to call me out for stating my opinions? Sorry if I don't fall victim like the sad portion of society who is afraid to speak out because they fear they might (god forbid) offend someone. Maybe I should stop being "stupid" for forming an original thought and standing up for what I believe in.

Should I hand you a French flag, or one that represents Communism?

And if you are expecting me to be the "ideal poster" then you obviously haven't been paying attention.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Wow that's what, two or three times in this thread you have attempted to call me out for stating my opinions? Sorry if I don't fall victim like the sad portion of society who is afraid to speak out because they fear they might (god forbid) offend someone. Maybe I should stop being "stupid" for forming an original thought and standing up for what I believe in.

And if you are expecting me to be the "ideal poster" then you obviously haven't been paying attention.
    No Cybog, your posts (not you) are stupid BECAUSE they DO so often contain good points but the points are often lost b/c you choose to present them in such a poor manner. You get ppls backs up so that they are no longer open to your ideas. This is terrible for both you, if you are really meaning to be helpful, and them b/c they miss out on something potentially useful. Your tasteless delivery decreases the value of your posts, you waste your own time, and I think that's a shame. B/c you DO have good ideas, but they are masked by your lack of finesse and poor communication skills.

You can have the best ideas in the world, but if you can't communicate them well, then you might as well not have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    And nice try, Cybog. You are looking for someone to abuse you. Don't know why, since you seem a bright enough fellow, but I won't cater to your particular neuroticism. Look elsewhere. My flag is, as always, a WHITE flag.
    Last edited by indigosoul; 03-02-06 at 12:47 PM.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    BRING EM ON ROSEB

I'll take anyone on!
    Nope, I'm staying out of this one... This thread could go very, very wrong..lol
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234