+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the new Board?

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    so everybody can complain some more about being moderated or what?
    You're pretty bitter today Alice; are you having a rough week?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

better call it a rough year.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Sounds like it's time for more change....perhaps new, 'active' mods.
    Seriously - I like how we have mods who don't post or visit but once every other month come on and try to tell us "how it is".. such a joke, like Lloyd said - Cybog is THE ONLY active mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Seriously - I like how we have mods who don't post or visit but once every other month come on and try to tell us "how it is".. such a joke, like Lloyd said - Cybog is THE ONLY active mod.
    Cybog is the only active mod? When people make a claim, they normally back it up with evidence. You haven't provided any evidence supporting your claim, thus your statement isn't worth a pot to piss in. Show me evidence Cybog is the ONLY active mod.

layout seems fine.....just needs a bit of getting used to I guess, nothing much really changed. Nice work (and for all the haters, channel your frustation into something worthwile, like picking up one-night flings or smthn )
    On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

so much hate on the boards … where have all the hippies gone?

---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    Cybog is the only active mod? When people make a claim, they normally back it up with evidence. You haven't provided any evidence supporting your claim, thus your statement isn't worth a pot to piss in. Show me evidence Cybog is the ONLY active mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    About the Mods, excluding Cybog; you all come in here and post with egos and chips on your shoulders. I don't even remember any posts (worth remembering) from Keichi. It's like a twentysomething kid gets a little authority, probably because he lacks it iin the real world, and exercises said authority for little or no reason. Cybog, on the other hand, posts regularly, has an opinion, contributes to discussions etc. and acts with a fair and balanced hand.
    You may come troll the forums every few days but you're not active, you don't actively participate in discussions, you don't post advice to people in the other sections.. but I'd say that's probably a good thing, considering you're 18 years old and probably don't post because you aint got shit to post about.

I dunno what your problem with RK is.. maybe you're mad that he copied you with the whole "Make a big dramatic post stating you're leaving, but then... don't" ????

How come no one is addressing Lloyd's post??? MODS??? Maybe you missed it:

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Wow, great little speech there "Raverboy", you done now? Off your soapbox? Good. Couple of points I'd like make then.

First off, I've been away for a few days and can't believe RK is banned. I scrolled thru the threads and it's hard to tell what went on , as it appears a few got deleted along the way, but Keichi seemed to stir the pot instead of just leaving it be.

About the Mods, excluding Cybog; you all come in here and post with egos and chips on your shoulders. I don't even remember any posts (worth remembering) from Keichi. It's like a twentysomething kid gets a little authority, probably because he lacks it iin the real world, and exercises said authority for little or no reason. Cybog, on the other hand, posts regularly, has an opinion, contributes to discussions etc. and acts with a fair and balanced hand. He has become one of my favorite posters here; a lot having to do with his age, maturity outside this forum.

Maybe I have the concept down incorrectly, but aren't more successful websites those with lots of "hits"? Who do you think keeps this forum going, the Newbies with less than a dozen posts, who come in and ask their questions then leave? The lurkers, who for whatever reason, don't join? Or the Regulars who are here everyday, answering questions that come in , with friendly banter among themselves during "down times"? You guess.

Let's take the Regulars, or "Gods, in our minds" as you say. Sure, questions may still get answered to questions with posters with 1 post count, but do you think people would stick around if it weren't for the Regulars? Do you think Rosebud, Pears, dono, lovesjoyjam etc would still be here if their role were to just answer questions, then log off?

As far as the 'suggestion' section, that's just what it is, members ideas to better the forum. Take it or leave it. If you're not going to listen, why bother having it here in the first place.

Back to RK. I see no purpose in his ban other than an attempt to flex the muscles of Keichi. Keichi could have just "reported" his thread(s), but then, he wouldn't have been banned, would he? RK is one of the most liked Members here at LF; sure, we could all leave and find another outlet to chat during the day, and LF would still go on, or you could ease up and let LF be what it is, which is not all bad.

Tripple Post; Go Tone!
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

what's up, cy? you're telling touching stories, posting pics of hippies … have you fallen in love or something?

You may come troll the forums every few days but you're not active, you don't actively participate in discussions, you don't post advice to people in the other sections.. but I'd say that's probably a good thing, considering you're 18 years old and probably don't post because you aint got shit to post about.
    Haha! Sorry but this post is just hilarious. But before pressing on with the irony of this statament I'll remind you that I'm not here to post advice or to participate in discussions but to filter the spam and shit both new and old members seem to clutter the forum with. For example posts such as:

"Man I love shh!... "
    "OIY OIY! OIY!! "
    " "
    Look familiar Tone? Thought so. But if your memory is just as bad as your maths, I best just give up now. Oh great advice btw! I'm sure the " " proved to be REALLY useful.

I dunno what your problem with RK is.. maybe you're mad that he copied you with the whole "Make a big dramatic post stating you're leaving, but then... don't" ????
    Oh damn!

:: Clicks fingers ::

You got it in one cowboy. Your just too darn smart for me

How come no one is addressing Lloyd's post??? MODS??? Maybe you missed it
    Because Mods don't need to explain themselves

I think Tone gives some of the best advice on here to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Watch it Pal! I'm the Cowboy around here.

You suck BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    I'll remind you that I'm not here to post advice or to participate in discussions but to filter the spam and shit both new and old members seem to clutter the forum with.
    Damn, you're stupid. This forum is a community, and you are a member of the community, and therefore you are expected to participate. On the other forums I'm on, the mods are active members who do just as much as the normal members. Yes, it is your job to clean shit up, but it is also your job to be tactful, diplomatic and sincere, not just a big whiny douchebag. If you can't respectfully handle having a thankless role of power, then you shouldn't be a mod. Mods shouldn't just delete shit without explanation, and I can't remember ever even seeing a post by you before, so unless you're pm'ing warnings to people, its not happening. As much as I don't like cybog's views on a lot of stuff, at least he acts like a mod. You're just a dickhead with a hall-monitor sash.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast