+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting Amish People

outlawing guns would do nothing.

it's like outlawing the guillatine or black death.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To expand upon my argument:

§329.6. Proclamation of state of emergency; conditions therefor; effect thereof

A. During times of great public crisis, disaster, rioting, catastrophe, or similar public emergency within the territorial limits of any municipality or parish, or in the event of reasonable apprehension of immediate danger thereof, and upon a finding that the public safety is imperiled thereby, the chief executive officer of any political subdivision or the district judge, district attorney, or the sheriff of any parish of this state, or the public safety director of a municipality, may request the governor to proclaim a state of emergency within any part or all of the territorial limits of such local government. Following such proclamation by the governor, and during the continuance of such state of emergency, the chief law enforcement officer of the political subdivision affected by the proclamation may, in order to protect life and property and to bring the emergency situation under control, promulgate orders affecting any part or all of the territorial limits of the municipality or parish:

(1) Establishing a curfew and prohibiting and/or controlling pedestrian and vehicular traffic, except essential emergency vehicles and personnel;

(2) Designating specific zones within which the occupancy and use of buildings and the ingress and egress of vehicles and persons shall be prohibited or regulated;

(3) Regulating and closing of places of amusement and assembly;

(4) Prohibiting the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages;

(5) Prohibiting and controlling the presence of persons on public streets and places;

(6) Regulating and controlling the possession, storage, display, sale, transport and use of firearms, other dangerous weapons and ammunition;

H.(1) Nothing in this Section shall authorize the seizure or confiscation of any firearm or ammunition from any individual who is lawfully carrying or possessing the firearm or ammunition except as provided in Paragraph (2) of this Subsection.

(2) A peace officer who is acting in the lawful discharge of the officer's official duties may disarm an individual if the officer reasonably believes it is immediately necessary for the protection of the officer or another individual. The peace officer shall return the firearm to the individual before discharging that individual unless the officer arrests that individual for engaging in criminal activity, or seizes the firearm as evidence pursuant to an investigation for the commission of a crime.
    Here's the link: [url]http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78434[/url]

Therefore, the National Guard, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT executed an ILLEGAL order.

The government can, and will abuse it's power.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I would agree with you there, especially since the majority of Americans favor gun control and the government won't give it to us.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    I don't blame the government.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Care to elaborate?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Firstly, describe how conservative your views are on gun control.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Conservatives like guns. I am liberal. I don't like guns. I favor strict control.

King Zarathu Guest
    Conservatives like guns. I am liberal. I don't like guns. I favor strict control.
    Okay, then if we're agreeing why do you care when we probably have the same perspective?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your post was ambiguous, so I wasn't sure who you were agreeing with, but I am glad it is me.

::pats skaterboy on head::

How strict are you talking? I am liberal as well, but I don't think gun control be so stirct that it deters people from wanting to own one. Becuase I think people should have the right to own a gun if they want to. History has shown that a citizens from time to time had to protect them selves from their own government.

King Zarathu Guest
    Sure, they should be allowed to own one, but I think we should avoid the whole CHL thing. The thing is, my dad has a CHL and he carries a concealed weapon. So does my aunt. I know that they're both ****ing maniacs who are waiting to be able to kill somebody.

I see this first-hand, and I wish they had no control over guns.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    History has shown that a citizens from time to time had to protect them selves from their own government.
    Not in THIS country (unless you are a whack job like David Koresh). Your argument makes sense in a country with a history of great civil unrest, but not here.

Anyway, I think if you can demonstrate a NEED, you should be able to get one, but I think the vast majority of hand gun owners don't need them and therefore shouldn't have them.

Not in THIS country (unless you are a whack job like David Koresh). Your argument makes sense in a country with a history of great civil unrest, but not here.

Anyway, I think if you can demonstrate a NEED, you should be able to get one, but I think the vast majority of hand gun owners don't need them and therefore shouldn't have them.
    There was a need when the 13 colones fought the British and when the Civil War happened. But yes besides that there has yet to be a need, but we are also a young country compared to other countries also, so who is to say that one day that we will need to protect our selves from the government once again? What is stopping Bush from turing our troops on us? Nothing.

I am agree that most people that have one don't need one, but I bet they can come up with a reason why to own one tho.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In the nearly two weeks since Hurricane Katrina, the government of New Orleans has devolved from its traditional status as an elective kleptocracy into something far more dangerous: an anarcho-tyranny that refuses to protect the public from criminals while preventing people from protecting themselves. At the orders of New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, the New Orleans Police, the National Guard, the Oklahoma National Guard, and U.S. Marshals have begun breaking into homes at gunpoint, confiscating their lawfully-owned firearms, and evicting the residents. "No one is allowed to be armed. We're going to take all the guns," says P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police.

Last week, thousands of New Orleanians huddled in the Superdome and the Convention Center got a taste of anarcho-tyranny. Everyone entering those buildings was searched for firearms. So for a few days, they lived in a small world without guns. As in other such worlds, the weaker soon became the prey of the stronger. Tuesday's New Orleans Times-Picayune reported some of the grim results, as an Arkansas National Guardsman showed the reporter dozens of bodies rotting in a non-functional freezer.
    All you need is a recipe for social hysteria and the government in fear of it's own well-being will do what it feels is necessary to protect it's interests. Do you think they disarm the citizens for the citizens well being? Hell no.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry, I don't buy into paranoia about the government. I am far more afraid of the average armed Texan than I am of the government.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast