Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet tips?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Don't make me sit on you.
    you know i'd like that.

Diet tips= don't eat crap do exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse View Post
    Diet tips= don't eat crap do exercise.
    well duh. but what I'm looking for is ideas on what are good things to eat instead of crap, effective exercises, etc.

Well duh fruit veg low calorie meals, walking, swimming, gym etc.

ok then, name ten nice low calorie meals, if you're so smart.

Do you have 'Weight Watchers' Where you're from? Just eat those meals and cut out high calorie junk and do exercise, instead of cake and such have a bowl of fruit, make a lot so it fills you up. Drink LOTS of water because it flushes all of the toxins out of your body. Make sure you have breakfast VERY important as it gets your motabolism going which makes you burn off calories quicker. Try and go for long walks, swimming is good as it tones your body while you're losing weight. You don't have to starve your self just be sensible. If you find that kind of exercise borring go to the gym with some friends, or if you don't have a bike buy one!

I've always been chubby/curvey so deffo have to watch what I eat because I could put on stone just by looking at a cake lol. I'm happy with my weight now and have had no complaints. =] Good luck, hope that helps.

thanks, see, that's what I was looking for. Though I dislike weightwatchers foods, and we don't seem to have a lot of variety of them here anyway. I might try the bread, but it seems to be the size of half a loaf at the same price as a full loaf.
    I certainly have to try drinking more water, I think it'd be good for my digestion in general.
    I usually roll out of bed, fall into my clothes and sleepily wander across the street to college (I love my location), so eating breakfast often doesn't happen. Maybe that's why my metabolism feels like it belongs to a sloth.

I actually wouldn't mind being 130 pounds, but I felt so much better at 120, plus then I could borrow my moms clothes. this is the heaviest I've ever been in my life. eeck. It just seemed to gradually creep up on me.. I've been trying to get it off and it hasn't done shit except make me tired. And if I can't shift it, then i'm either not doing it right, or it's the BC pill.

thanks (: I'm gonna go for a bicycle ride...

Did I mention that you should try not to eat dinner? Big breakfast, reasonable lunch, tiny dinner, if at all.
    Spammer Spanker

Sorry if I sounded bitchy (bad mood lol). I know what you mean about the breakfast thing though, I really have to force my self to eat it, but it's deffo worth it.

Weight Watchers bread is shit, it's so thin ( I know that's the point) but it breaks so easily.

Drinking lots of water is deffo a must. =]

Tiay, here are several tips you could try to lose weight:

- eat 6-8 times a day (boosts your basal metabolic rate)
    - limit your carbs to only complex carbs (e.g. brown rice, yams, oatmeal)
    - cut out dairy products
    - drink coffee (a little never hurt anyone)
    - consume approx. 1/2 g of protein per lb. of bodyweight (muscle tissue burns calories)
    - eliminate saturated fats

also, try to stick with weight-bearing exercises for cardio. You actually burn much less calories using a bike than you do jogging. If your knees hurt from running, then you could always use the elliptical machine. It's much easier on the joints and allows you to sustain your aerobic workouts for a longer duration. Try doing cardio every other day, or as often as your body allows.

Sorry if I sounded bitchy (bad mood lol).
    no prob, I'm having a bad mood day myself.

Drinking lots of water is deffo a must. =]
    yeah-- oh, excuse me, nature calls. Again and again and again... can I have my bladder enlarged and my stomach shrunk?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    eat 6-8 times a day (boosts your basal metabolic rate)
    okay, that sounds easy enough, I guess. just gotta be careful that i'm not using it as an excuse to stuff my face all day, in addition to existing meals..

- limit your carbs to only complex carbs (e.g. brown rice, yams, oatmeal)
    complex carbs, you say? Never heard of those. I'll definitely do that. also what the hell are yams?

cut out dairy products
    I'd rather invite a hive of bees to nest in my throat. A life without cheese is not worth living. Plus I really need to get yoghurt. Can I get away with skimmed milk or something?

- drink coffee (a little never hurt anyone)
    really? I find that surprising considering coffee causes indigestion. (last thing I need)

- consume approx. 1/2 g of protein per lb. of bodyweight (muscle tissue burns calories)
    mm. protein. I'm thinking eggs and tofu and fish? There isn't a hope in hell of me eating proper meat every day. Is that much protein not too much considering that I don't work out a lot?

- eliminate saturated fats
    oh that stuff is evil... and that hydrogenated stuff too...

also, try to stick with weight-bearing exercises for cardio. You actually burn much less calories using a bike than you do jogging. If your knees hurt from running, then you could always use the elliptical machine. It's much easier on the joints and allows you to sustain your aerobic workouts for a longer duration. Try doing cardio every other day, or as often as your body allows.
    good to hear I got the right idea about something; I like jogging in that it's the only exercise I can seem able to make myself do regularly.
    I was a bit worried because I had asthma as a child and was actually told not to run. But I haven't felt any of that now.

thanks guys

Haha fat people.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know how much protein you are eating, but your body REALLY needs protein, whether or not you are working out. If is used for many different functions in the body including oxygenation, skin an muscle tissue building and repair, bone marrow, hair and nails, etc. Be sure you eat .at least 65 grams of protein every day.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Did I mention that you should try not to eat dinner? Big breakfast, reasonable lunch, tiny dinner, if at all.
    interesting. I suppose the bodies narrative is like.. "hey look, breakfast. gotta use that energy for going to college and shit. mm.. lunch.. still got half a day left. and.. huge dinner! great!.. hey, that lazy bitch is going to bed. well, better put this in the store room. thighs and stomach, shall we say?"

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know how much protein you are eating
    neither do I.. :|

Cutting out cheese is the hardest part! Yeah I agree about the water thing makes you wanna pee all day lol.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast