+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Supreme court to hear death sentence inhumane

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I think prisoners should be forced to do productive work for at LEAST 40 hours per week, or an average work week. But without pay (idk). Maybe give them the option of a shorter sentence if they do productive work that society will benefit from. Otherwise they will be a waste sitting around in a cell contributing nothing to society
    But that's what community service is for anyway ... I don't know ... It seems like a good intention, but how would you be able to tell who'd work or run?
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

yeah, there are a few cases of that happening, DM. Was it panasonic that basically had a factory in a prison? I think there's one in germany, a project for the inmates who are in for life for the most violent crimes are now making a clothes line, who's selling point is its origin.
    they have no use for money anyway.. though, those inmates who are only in for for a few years could benefit from being paid- because then, when they get out, hopefully they'll be able to continue the career, have more money, have more structured lives.. I mean, often, these people come from poor areas and that's probably part of how they ended up in jail in the first place.

Though I don't think the work should be forced.. you can't literally force someone to work, and what do you have to threaten them with? jail? lol, no, it doesn't need to be forced; there's nothing else to do.

Honestly I wasnt looking to debate. I wanted to hear what people thought of it sure, I wasnt attacking anyone and I dont think anyone is wrong for believing in what they do. Just because I feel THAT strong about doesnt mean I dont the other side is wrong for what they feel. I posted the link to show the facts in what I believe are to be true because some of the issues were raised.

Ive believed in it for almost 20 years. Im not saying down the road I wouldnt change my beliefs. If I didnt want to hear what people had to say I wouldnt have started to thread to begin with!

This isnt some debate between me and 2 other members, it just happens to be we have different feelings about it.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

fair enough, then

someone's beginning to sound like a broken record...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i believe when prisoners actually do work, they get paid about 25 cents an hour.

secondly, how can the prisons allow workers to be that productive?? you put a few guards in a room full of prisons with various working materials and tools and what do you think the outcome would be?? i'd be looking for ways to escape that shit hole.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I think prisoners should be forced to do productive work for at LEAST 40 hours per week, or an average work week.
    +1

Not to mention giving them some actual skills they can use if/when they get out.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think half of all prisoners should be free. The other half should never see the light of day.

You know why I don't support the death penalty as is? It's cheaper to keep that person locked up for life. Plus, let's face it, dying isn't really much of a punishment compared to a life devoid of freedom.

Furthermore, why let the pedophiles, serial rapists, and sick murderers go to waste? Think how much quicker we could advance in fields such as medicine if we had living human subjects to test on.

No. I'm against the death penalty. Unless prisons are so full that there simply is not enough room for more. In which case you exterminate a few of the worst ones quickly and efficiently. No appeals. No bullshit. Get rid of them and make room for the next batch.

Of course prisons never would fill up because, as I said, half the people in them deserve to be free.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234