+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Words from her dad...

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post
    Cain, a lot of people here enjoy trying to reason you out of your so-called "delusional I'm-in-love-and-I'm-blind-to-the-truth" world..

It's bullshit.
    I take your word for everything you say, that's what you're supposed to do. Work with him, people. Don't just try to explain every other (usually negative) possibility.

In my opinion, you should be firm with the father. There's nothing else you can do but try and be more mature/tolerant than him. It will send him to a thinking-zone in his spare time, and it will either end up complimenting you, or making him realize he needs to lighten up.

Trust me.
    I'm sucking it up right now. As long as he doesn't go overboard, I will let it all go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I'm sucking it up right now. As long as he doesn't go overboard, I will let it all go.

Patience is always respected.
    If he doesn't know what he's doing, just assume you're the bigger, more responsible person.

If he knows damn well and he's trying to anger you, stick to the maturity contest. As stated, patience is always respected.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post

In my opinion, you should be firm with the father. .
    I don't agree. He holds the majority of power, and even if you will the battle, you will lose the war.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't agree. He holds the majority of power, and even if you will the battle, you will lose the war.
    When I say firm, I mean not playing his game and getting angry over it.

I meant being cold, polite, and remaining a gentleman.

Yesterday, my gf was in the car with her mom, sister, and cousin and her and her sister were having a conversation. They were both talking about relationships and eventually my gf ended up saying that she doesn't care what her dad thinks... she's going to be with me regardless.

I've done everything right by her dad. I've been an absolute gentleman the whole time. I've never given him reason not to like me. He's just very skeptical and will be for a long while. She says he says good things about me sometimes, and then sometimes he just says shit without thinking.

Either way, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to continue to be a gentleman and that's it. If he doesn't like me.. oh well. I know that I will be with my gf and she won't leave me cause her dad doesn't like me. As of right now he's kinda neutral I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Yesterday, my gf was in the car with her mom, sister, and cousin and her and her sister were having a conversation. They were both talking about relationships and eventually my gf ended up saying that she doesn't care what her dad thinks... she's going to be with me regardless.

I've done everything right by her dad. I've been an absolute gentleman the whole time. I've never given him reason not to like me. He's just very skeptical and will be for a long while. She says he says good things about me sometimes, and then sometimes he just says shit without thinking.

Either way, I'm not worried about it. I'm going to continue to be a gentleman and that's it. If he doesn't like me.. oh well. I know that I will be with my gf and she won't leave me cause her dad doesn't like me. As of right now he's kinda neutral I guess.

You have a beautiful thing, why complain? Rejoice!
    You're both lucky to have each other. (:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234