+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In love with second cousin, Perth WA help?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm not going to judge you guys, if you both love each other and aren't harming each other then your business is your business...
    Yep. Its frowned upon by society, but so long as its consenting adults then whatever. If a blood brother & sister want to do it, well, I'd find it very strange but I don't think I'd try to stop them if they really loved each other. Send them to counselling, tho, suspecting there were other issues at hand, absolutely. Freud would love this thread.

Is there an actual civil law (non-religious) against adult relatives marrying? I don't know anything about this. If so, what is the cutoff--I'd guess somewhere around first cousins.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i read a story a while back these people were applying for a marriage license and they discovered they were brother and sister.

they broke up. i felt sorry for those people that is ****ed up.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    ^^^ Would you have a romantic relationship with a person that is the product of incest. Would you marry them and have children with them even if their family dynamic may possibly be messed up?
    This was probably not directed to me but I answer.

Marriage requires love. And if I love the person enough, of course I will marry her. She is still the person I love, there is nothing wrong.

I may fall to her without knowing who she is, but if she is ok, there is no problem. How can you love someone and then discard her?
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is that. Any child of a brother/sister pairing would grow up living a life of hell. Society has little tolerance for that kind of thing. Ppl can be really mean spirited & small minded.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

And you people contribute to that mean spirited society, so don't whine. Its ironic.
    Don't expect anything.

Hmm... Apparently in my state (NY) it is legal to marry your cousin... I wonder why it is so frowned upon, and yet a lot of states don't make it illegal.

[url]http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=states[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    And you people contribute to that mean spirited society, so don't whine. Its ironic.
    I know when I think about cousin relationships, I get this weird "ew" feeling in the back of my head. It just feels and sounds wrong.
    We're simply taught that it is wrong to have sexual relationships with close and extended family members.

For example: Woody Allen married his daughter... she wasn't his blood relative, but he still raised and cared for her as if she were his daughter.

Ugh. That is just so wrong. She is his family. I don't care about their blood relation at this point, it's just that she is his daughter, and then he dumped the mother for her... Ewww.
    The same goes for cousin relationships in my mind. They're family... it's just wrong to see them in a sexual way.

Quote Originally Posted by zoso View Post
    I wonder why it is so frowned upon, and yet a lot of states don't make it illegal.
    Extended families that are not close may lose relations (forget who is related or if they are related)...or it's a very small town and only a few people around and they are not willing to move, etc. I don't know.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Of course it is (ironic). I completely agree its mean-spirited. But that doesn't change the fact that ppl WILL alienate these kinds of couplings. Anyone who speaks out against the majority can also expect to be treated likewise. Its just reality, like how homosexual couples had to hide in the closet a generation ago. Those who choose to act or think differently become targets of those who dislike being pulled out of their comfort zone. Its human nature. The blade of grass that sticks up too far gets cut down to conform with the rest. Shrug.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Having social norms are good. All the successful nations have had rather strict social norms actually, like Germany in WW2, Rome 2000 to 1200 years ago, the US for the past half century, the USSR for the past half century, China in the last 30 years, etc..

And then the argument of "Oh, well it doesn't affect me directly." When Ed Gein dug up the corpse of his mother and masturbated on it and turned human body parts into furniture, well that didn't affect anyone either because most of them were already dead. I still think he should be shot in the head

Basically, I just don't see room in society for certain people

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Would you marry them and have children with them even if their family dynamic may possibly be messed up?
    I wouldn't. For me a good family dynamic is important. A good family dynamic sets a standard for the person's own family.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    did i mention that i had sex with my mother last night?? after hearing how good she was by all the other members of my community, i decided that i needed to try it out for myself.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234