+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Disgusted.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    so basically this was a cry for attention and compliments. and you did get a lot of it from everyone here. the rest of us who don't look 120 or 130 should therefore feel miserable and beyond disgusted with our bodies. thank you.

PS I should add that if my unhappiness with my own appearance makes you feel self-conscious, then that is your own issue to deal with. Get over it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That's a pretty steep weight loss in 2 weeks booba, especially if you are of normal weight. Have you been sick?
    No. I rarely get sick anymore. I do get some flu or something sometimes, but that goes away in one day.
    Don't expect anything.

Omg!!!! i just wrote the biggest reply i've ever written and it disappeared on me!

now here goes again. Blue and Indig; you are both being unfair to yourselves. think about all the women who are thin and have a terrible looking face - these girls can do nothing about this. weight means nothing. life and enjoyment of life means everything. you both need to realise this and change your outlook on whats actually relevant in life. you can take pride but like i've said a million times looks aren't everything - you need the personality to match and then automatically people will be drawn to you. it's not about weight. so you don't feel comfy in your clothes anymore? thats an inconvenience, tbh i recommend buying plain clothes and there are PLENTY of ways to hide a few things here and there and still be high fashion; i'll be here all day if i start giving fashion secrets but anyway the problem here is that 99% of women feel at some level self conscious about their weight when they should really be self conscious about their personalities. Blue you are blessed with looks and personality by the sounds of it, and idig i don't know what you look like but you have a fab and fiesty personality on here, don't waste your time with this issue on weight. it means nothing. i want to say more but i gotta go and my last thing got deleted! so i'm wrecked writing. i'll be back with more later
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 05-12-08 at 03:57 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Bloody hell, I'm like the complete opposite, always waking up at 7am even when I need more sleep, and wanting to gain weight

Does running in the morning stress you out with waking up and getting ready? That might make that effort quite counter-active, though I get how it would be nice to start the day with a nice run. Might want to consider what your time schedule looks like, don't do it in the evening though, makes it difficult to sleep.

If you feel that you can't keep your running up for a long period of time, well, what I do (and I think this is essentially what professional runners do) is to find a pace that you can keep up for a long period of time - At first it will be slow, but 10 kms being slow beats 1km if you're trying to keep up a speed that you had in the past. You will get tired, so might slow down later, but don't ever stop, if you have to go you just go at a slower pace.

As for your family, well, differs for different people, I'd just tell them to stop commenting on it. If you got a brat of a lil brother whos doing it that wont be enough though.

people can be cruel, i had a grandma who started me off on my paranoia about weight when i was a teenager and a younger brother (who btw only slagged me off coz he could see it affected me...not for any other reason) psycologically you both need to get passed this and realise how lucky you are. i swear! have you ever noticed even the most plain looking girls can have the most attention - its confidence and comfort with themselves. since i changed my perspective; things really changed, my life improved so much so that i put on a healthy weight to a UK size 14 and didn't give a damn coz i looked good in my clothes, i'm curvy and the men adore it. so many times i've had comments from girls asking me how do i look so good, coz c'mon they know i'm not a rake and they also see the reaction i get from men. it's about being comfortable in your own skin. i don't care what weight i am and never will. i don't know if these posts will make any difference to anyone but please believe me weight means nothing NOTHING!

btw i'm not doing this to boost myself, coz i'm no great shakes, i'm just average, but i accept my body and am happy. i'm just sayin' i'm not blind to how some women have it all and some don't - they exude sexuality and presence you can feel; but not coz they are thin.

btw also i've lost weight recently and i don't particularly like it coz all my best outfits are a bigger size, i just look like a clothes hanger now and can't afford to buy new outfits. i'm slowly putting on weight again thankfully so i can enjoy my bigger clothes
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 05-12-08 at 09:35 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I wish we were neighbors, Bluesummer. We could run together every morning.

You know what always worked to motivate me in the past? hanging out with gay guys. They stressed about it too and we went to the gym together.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I wish we were neighbors, Bluesummer. We could run together every morning.

You know what always worked to motivate me in the past? hanging out with gay guys. They stressed about it too and we went to the gym together.
    true that, all of my gay friends wake up at 5:00!!! in the morning and go to the gym. they are so freaking skinny but i could never wake myself that early to join them.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Then stay up late with them! There's nothing like going to a gay dance club to work your body.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would totally run with you Giga. I think that's what I need is a gym buddy. There aren't many gay guys in my town (that are out of the closet I should say).....I moved out to suburbia. They're all Dutch farmboys that get married at 18. Maybe I can get them and their 10 children to chase me around a cornfield with a pitchfork. Unfortunately my friends HERE are also all very inactive. When I lived in Vancouver, EVERYONE went to the gym, always.

Lipp - yeah, I think I got frustrated not being able to run 1 km at the OLD pace, so I just stopped trying. It pissed me off when I'd run slower and people would go streaking past me. I should probably just put in my earphones and ignore it. Oh, and the family that likes to 'point it out' (the weight gain) are my mom, grandparents, and sister. When I get defensive about it, they tell me I'm getting defensive because I know it's a problem and I'm avoiding it! God it gets annoying.

I'm going to change my facebook status to "...is looking for a running buddy...." and see who bites. If no one does, I might have to start to harrass people. Either that, or my fiance's new hobby is going to be running. It's only fair, he makes me watch football.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ugh...football. I can't watch it, it's boring imho.

You don't need to go to the gym to workout, go running. Get off the computer right now, tell your fiancee you're going running tomorrow morning and set your clock early, and tell him you want him to come to support you.

I personally hate running alone. Most the times I went to run alone I wouldn't go as far. It wasn't because I was tired or couldn't go any further, it was because I got bored. Cycling oddly enough isn't the same way for me...I think it's because of the speed difference it keeps me entertained.

bluesummer, sorry but I'm going to have to call bullshit on your reason for gaining weight. No girl should weigh 170 lbs unless they are taller than 6'0. I guarantee that you have poor eating habits, and you're trying to blame your weight gain on a lack of exercise rather than diet. My guess is that you're guilty of a combination of infrequent meals and poor food choices.

Neo, what do you know about the body (outside of nutrition)?

a lot? You need to ask a more specific question if you want a concise answer.

Well the reason I ask is because diet and exercise (or lack of) are not the only things which change a person's weight.

yes, but they are the main culprits responsible for weight gain and can overcome other factors if used effectively.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast