+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Has anyone ever read anything in their dreams? I heard that you shouldn't be able to do that... but in quite a few of my dreams I have read newspapers... books... even computer screens... though briefly...

I also dream in color... which I heard that most people dream in black and white... not sure what that means either.

Now that I think about it... I tend to remember my dreams in great detail and sometimes even the progression from one dream into another... long after I've been awake I still remember... they don't 'fade' with waking up.

And I dream about 5-10 times a night (when I do sleep).
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I had a dream I was a pigeon once. I had 5 color vision and everything.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was a kid I used to have nightmares like anyone else. Eventually I got very good at recognizing nightmares for what they were. More often than not I'd just wake up. Occasionally, however, I'd take control and have a blast. Creatures chasing you through the woods? No problem. Just will a shotgun into existence. Or, y'know, turn them into hot babes.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I saw Miso in my dream last night. She was cold so I gave her my jacket. Told her she looked cute in it once she put it on.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The other night I dreamt that I was spying on Bsummer as she did sit ups in a sports bra. Kind of random but I'm not complaining.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Tedel Guest
    I usually have dreams with very strong messages (like my gransmother's death, hour included, or a friend about to being raped who was finally raped that same day) or religious meanings.

The last one was a huge cross over an abyss, an angel in the end calling people to get into the cross, millions of people walking to a dark path without obeying him, a few children entering the cross and going out on the bright other side, the angel yelling, calling more people. So many details it was close to scary.

I'll make a painting with it. The name will be "the narrow gate", which is a passage of the Bible.

Too much bible reading?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had very likely the most bizarre, most enjoyable dream of all time.

I was an omnipotent 8 year old Chinese boy. I think I might have been a god or something. Did I cure cancer? No. Did I end world hunger? Nope. What did I do? I went to the mall and willed people to do all sorts of idiotic things just to amuse me.

I was so enthralled with making people dance in their underwear that I actually turned down hawt dream sex with Alyssa Milano. At one point I had a team of basketball players chasing some poor kid through the mall because I convinced them he'd stolen their basketball.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Too much bible reading?
    Probably...

In my dream last night, I saw a disabled lady with a child lying on the train tracks. There was a crowd of onlookers, but no one offered any help, they just stood there staring. I heard a train coming in, so I jumped down onto the tracks, grabbed the baby and just made it back onto the platform before the train rushed through.

Sad dream.

I wonder what it means.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    In my dream last night, I saw a disabled lady with a child lying on the train tracks. There was a crowd of onlookers, but no one offered any help, they just stood there staring. I heard a train coming in, so I jumped down onto the tracks, grabbed the baby and just made it back onto the platform before the train rushed through.

Sad dream.

I wonder what it means.
    it means that someone close to you is going to disrespect you.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I have to summarise it somewhere, because last night's dream was a bit bizarre.

So I was driving, driving, driving and then somehow I got knocked out of my car and all I saw my car disappear around the corner. I ran after it but couldn't see it anywhere. All I saw was a guy with a big garage smiling at me as if he knew something I didn't. I came up to him and started asking him about my car if he saw anything and he just kept smiling saying he knows nothing. I grabbed him and started shaking him, I was about to punch him when I saw my car parked further down the street. I let the guy go and ran towards it.

It was a bit smashed up. I started examining it to see if it had any more damage, when this really hot girl came out of the house the car was parked next to and said something flirty about my looks. I forgot about my car and went up to her, before long we were making out. Then somewhere in the middle of it when I was taking off my shirt her little brother came out and she ran back inside saying that she'll be out in a minute. Last thing I remember was trying to put my shirt back on as the little brother creepily stared at me.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had a few dreams lately where members of my family have died. It's a recurring theme. The last dream my sister was burnt to death. I saw her charred corpse.

One before that my dad died of a heart attact (he really has had a heart attack before) and another time I was watching my mum waste away from an illness.

The dreams have actually had a noticable effect on me. Its made me really treasure my parents because the dreams have sort of internalised the reality that one day my parents won't be there. I go over and see them all the time. They never stop trying to do stuff for me.

F-ck all the stuff that goes on on this site. The death of a parent - that's real heartbreak.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I only have wake-initiated lucid dreams (WILD, such a nice acronym), so they hardly ever turn freaky and I just hang on for the ride because I don't need to wake up yet. Can't remember any though.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I've had a few dreams lately where members of my family have died. It's a recurring theme. The last dream my sister was burnt to death. I saw her charred corpse.

One before that my dad died of a heart attact (he really has had a heart attack before) and another time I was watching my mum waste away from an illness.
    Dude, that sounds ****ed up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast