+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the deal with babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    That's true. Also the older you get the more difficult it becomes to become pregnant. One of my co-workers was trying to get pregnant by her husband since her late twenties, she only got pregnant ten years later. There are also issues of health, the older women get the more negative health consequences there are to consider. More likelihood of damage to the baby or the mother.
    Are you kidding me? Mid to late 20's should NEVER be an age of bad conception for women. They haven't even reached their prime yet. There was just something wrong with your co-worker and she should have visited a doctor. Or her husband was ...erm...slow down there.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Are you kidding me? Mid to late 20's should NEVER be an age of bad conception for women.
    Ahem

Did I say that it should be?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I completely disagree with this. Its always the young, obviously struggling moms that are freaking out on their kids in the public places, not the older ones. And if they can't control themselves in public, then it can only be worse in private. Whether its b/c they are tired or wiser, dunno, but the kids with older parents always seem better for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Totally disagree. All of the older parents I know enjoy their kids more because they usually don't have the financial struggles younger couples have to deal with.

I agree with you guys. Older parents make better parents on the whole, I think. They are better off financially, are generally better at managing stress, their relationships are more stable on the whole, and have usually made a calculated decision to have children at that point.

I have said from day one that I wouldn't have children until I was in my thirties, married for a few years, had a happy relationship, was financially stable, owned a home, and had travelled (I will have accomplished all of those things by mid-2010, so I should be ready to go).

Point is, I have made a very calculated decision about children, so I know when I conceive I'm ready for it and everything is in place. I can also offer my children the benefits of my education and worldliness, and they will have a great model for future relationships from my husband and I. I think it gives my kids a huge advantage over the kids of younger parents that aren't in my position in life.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234