+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: backwards situation

Quote Originally Posted by annoyed23 View Post
    yeah, I am from Africa...what do you wanna know?
    everything! where you live now? how long you been here? how old are you?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

im 23, born in Southern Africa, moved to mass. when i was 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    you know what makes it easy for me? whenever i feel sad, I tell myself that it's all in my head and able to snap out of it, instead of self pity and taking opiates.
    Not everyone suffering from depression takes medication for it. Oh, and most forms of depression medication are not opiates. Your ignorance continues to shine here. Anxiety control is a different matter, but even then they are steadily moving away from opiates as a treatment.

But, anxiety isn't depression. You can suffer from both, but they are not the same issue.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

you know what makes it easy for me? whenever i feel sad, I tell myself that it's all in my head and able to snap out of it, instead of self pity and taking opiates.
    Yeah, but depression is not the same thing as feeling sad.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Not everyone suffering from depression takes medication for it. Oh, and most forms of depression medication are not opiates. Your ignorance continues to shine here. Anxiety control is a different matter, but even then they are steadily moving away from opiates as a treatment.

But, anxiety isn't depression. You can suffer from both, but they are not the same issue.
    thank you genius, i work for a clinic. i think i'd know better how it's being treated here.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

thank you genius, i work for a clinic. i think i'd know better how it's being treated here.
    You work in a clinic, and see people who are unable to function on a basic level w/out medication daily... And claim Depression doesn't exist... Do you work in treatment, records keeping, or billing?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

You work in a clinic, and see people who are unable to function on a basic level w/out medication daily... And claim Depression doesn't exist... Do you work in treatment, records keeping, or billing?
    billing, collections, litigations.

im 23, born in Southern Africa, moved to mass. when i was 13.
    wow, so young. i left my country when i was 13 as well.

yeah, and speaking of depression...i was diagnosed with depression when all it was, was pure culture shock!

billing, collections, litigations.
    Explains a lot.

Explains a lot.
    yep..............

yeah, and speaking of depression...i was diagnosed with depression when all it was, was pure culture shock!
    Depression is actually curable you know. Being removed from your everyday routine and life and being thrown into an alien environment is actually quite ripe for causing depression. Just because you get depressed, doesn't mean you cannot or will not get better.

Most people will suffer from some form of clinical depression or another at some point in their life. That doesn't mean that they need medication to treat it, or even counseling necessarily. It just means that you are not equipped with the tools to work through your emotions in a healthy manner at the time.

I think what Indignant is trying to get at, is that we (Americans) as a society are generally over-medicated. People find it easier to take a pill than to actually do the hard work of developing real coping mechanisms and tools to deal with everyday stresses.

At this point it pretty much seems like Pharmaceutical companies throw darts at a chart to figure out what to invent next. "Do you have Bloating, Erectile Disfuction, Anxiety, smelly feet, and blue skin? Well have we got a pill for you!

hahahaha, good point Lite. you are correct...in America, there is a pill for everything.

Depression is actually curable you know. Being removed from your everyday routine and life and being thrown into an alien environment is actually quite ripe for causing depression. Just because you get depressed, doesn't mean you cannot or will not get better.

Most people will suffer from some form of clinical depression or another at some point in their life. That doesn't mean that they need medication to treat it, or even counseling necessarily. It just means that you are not equipped with the tools to work through your emotions in a healthy manner at the time.

I think what Indignant is trying to get at, is that we (Americans) as a society are generally over-medicated. People find it easier to take a pill than to actually do the hard work of developing real coping mechanisms and tools to deal with everyday stresses.

At this point it pretty much seems like Pharmaceutical companies throw darts at a chart to figure out what to invent next. "Do you have Bloating, Erectile Disfuction, Anxiety, smelly feet, and blue skin? Well have we got a pill for you!
    at least we understand each other, i wish i could express myself as well.

hahahaha, good point Lite. you are correct...in America, there is a pill for everything.
    Except for fixing the economy, getting a job, stopping abuse, etc...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast