+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate how "adults" "hang out".

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no shit everyone is getting old...

so this past weekend it wasn't any different than any other weekend... drinking and drinking and drinking. well that was the thing. i noticed that more recently, i am the only one who is getting all buss up, while everyone else kinda drinks on a more chilled end. one of two things, either they are maturing more and i'm still at that party age, or 2... i can't control my drinking... haha f*ck that.

maybe it's not a good thing to always want to stay young in life.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Being mature or immature isn't black and white though. It sucks to be on either end of them (either too childish or dull as hell), so pick what's the best from both and mix it into a good soup.

[note] - As for aussie girls, don't get me wrong, just like in any other place some are good and some aren't, it was mainly that I'd be bored with the whole routine of drinking as the only outings done and the routine of it all. And of course the real party-going ones usually just want some good-looking trophy hunk to show off anyways.

Spice it up a little.
    Last edited by Lipp; 27-04-09 at 05:52 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    There's the woodsy type of guys that like the camoflauge and are usually just out having fun don't take it too serious either but some are pretty good.
    That's the crowd to roll with

I really miss hunting... can't do that in the city.

As much as I like all the glam of the city (and the cleanliness)... sometimes you just want the thrill of the hunt... waiting... having your moment... take a shot... and pray like hell you 'pressed' the trigger and didn't 'pull', or mess up on your breathing technique. Something primitive and fun comes to life on such outings... and made all the better to be around others who understand --- this is where food comes from.

Sometimes I feel like a country girl locked in a box among boxes on a grid of streets in a human 'zoo.'

Hunting gives back something innate that city life quells. A primitive feature in contrast to the 'maturity' of humanity known as 'civilization'...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I prefer the maturity of civilization if hunting is the only escape. Who wants to kill for sport? It's barbaric.

Take a bit of both, mix it in a kettle, heat it up, add some chilli, and voilá.

I tend to hang out with people older than me, I seem to get along with them better than I do people closer to my age.

The guys I ride with are an absolute riot to hang out with, they are all married, but you would never guess it how they acted.

We were going out riding a few weeks ago and one of the guys had a brand new bike and was beaming about it. A couple of the guys got ahold of his jacket before we took off and put a sign on the back of it that said "Honk at me, I just came out of the closet!"

That was probably the funniest hour of my life before he realized people weren't honking at his new wheels, lmfao.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I prefer the maturity of civilization if hunting is the only escape. Who wants to kill for sport? It's barbaric.
    Pushing 8 pounds out of your cunt is pretty barbaric too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Pushing 8 pounds out of your cunt is pretty barbaric too.
    I agree. I had 2 C-sections.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree. I had 2 C-sections.
    You should start a new moral campaign against natural birth.

C-section is a good start, but I believe birth without blood or pain would be the most civilized.

Think test tubes and vats.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No - most pregnancies aren't planned - they occur because people can't keep their genitals to themselves, therefore the unpleasant after effects.
    I'd love to figure out how to have painless, bloodless births without cutting out the sex. I'd be rich!

I don't kill for sport... I kill for food. There is a big difference.

Those who kill for sport are egotistical and possibly dangerous to other humans, as they get the thrill from the act of killing itself.

Those who kill for food aren't much different than vegans who want 'organic' foods. In this case, it happens to be the meat that is 'organic.' The act of killing is not the main focus... it's the potential gain in meat that is (that's where I get the 'thrill'... thinking about the meat... and the pride that goes along with all the work you've went through to bag the deer..). So you wait, you track, you take your shot... all the while thinking about how good the venison will taste. When you see the animal struggle... you try to end its suffering ASAP... because that's the 'right' thing to do. It's even preferred for your first shot to be the one that drops the animal immediately (but it's very difficult to do).

At some point, in civilization or not... if you want meat... something will have to die. How is it any different for a butcher to slaughter an animal for you than for you to slaughter an animal for yourself?

I think it's bizarre for so many people to demand the mass slaughter of so many animals for their burgers.. etc... but cry out against the hunting of cute fuzzy deer --- especially when the hunters eat what they kill.

Btw... have you ever hunted deer or similar animals for food? Watching or hearing from others isn't the same. It's one of those things you have to experience for yourself to fully understand --- hunting, killing, then converting into food.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't have a problem with hunting for food. The way you described it sounded more like sport. To enjoy killing something is odd, in my opinion. If one must kill for food, it seems like remorse would be the emotion I would experience.

And while I have never personally killed a deer, I was there when someone else did.

Someone I know just likes to kill things. When I go fishing with him, I noticed him doing things to carp... if he caught them, that is. Then again, it is *illegal* to put carp back into the water... I think it's very strange that it is legal to just be able to catch a fish, and even though it is a living being, it is morally right and legal in nature to leave it out to dry and rot in the sun... however, it is disturbing and morally wrong (and possibly illegal) to take the same fish and curbstomp it on the head, or place firecrackers in its digestive tract.

I also find it interesting that when people say life, they are generally referring to only human beings, and sometimes animals. I find it very ironic that a vegetarian who says they are vegetarian because they don't like to kill things wouldn't butcher a cow to salvage its meat, but they would gladly pluck a *living* plant right out of the ground, kill it, and eat it. Their excuse is that it doesn't *feel* anything. Vegetables, plants, and everything else are after all living things. Of course those people who say these things could of course live truer to their slogans and eat dirt, wipe their asses with their hands, and wear clothing made out of rocks.

I also find it ironic that Aeradalia says hunting is not egotistical, but killing is. I mean, hunting is what it is; providing food at the expense of the prey. Humans do that kind of shit for everything. If you catch the biggest buck, you're the biggest man. If you go to school you could get the highest paying job, and then you can buy yourself some big plastic muscles and jack up your penis another 10 or 20 inches because women want a man that is big and strong and capable of mangling a bear with his own hands. Humans are egotistical by nature. Killing for the sake of killing is anything but egotistical... maybe inhumane, but not egotistical.

And inhumane and immoral are such funny words. I am not going to get into that though.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 28-04-09 at 01:01 AM.

In order for life to thrive... some other forms of life have to die. Animals eat other animals... animals eat plants... and plants may strangle other plants for space and light via plant succession.

I don't put much in stock of what 'feels' right or wrong. Rather, I follow what works. It's 'wrong' to kill animals just for the sake of killing for many reasons... among them are the squandering of limited resources for no good reason and the psychological likelihood of such a person developing into a serious threat to human life.

I like to hunt because it adds a variety to my diet, yes Doppelgaenger there is a pride issue as well (I was the one that shot the deer and was the one who prepared it... and probably will be the one who cooks it as well --- one of those, 'I worked extra hard for the food everyone is enjoying tonight' types of things), and it puts old instincts to safe use.

Do I feel remorse for the animal? Not really... because it was a prey animal... sooner or later, something else would've killed it off. The only time I feel remorse is if I didn't do everything in my power to limit the pain it felt. I respect the animal by not toying with it... dragging out its pain... or wounding it on purpose and letting it live to suffer lifelong.

Even the atmosphere of those I hunt with is rather serious... once the animal is shot and located... everyone rushes in to end its suffering --- no standing around and joking... no cruelty towards the animal. We were here to hunt for food --- nothing more. Anyone who disrespects the animal by toying with it... making it suffer needlessly... or seems to be 'getting off' on the act of killing... makes me very nervous and distrustful of them... and they would never go hunting with me again --- they're immoral and potentially dangerous.

By saying killing is egotistical... I was referring to the person being egotistical about the act of killing... not the food they had gained from it. The emphasis is on the wrong part of the act. Someone who gains satisfaction from killing the animal without regard to the meat... or worse... kills and leaves the meat is potentially dangerous to those around them. The focus has to be on 'killing for food'... not 'killing for fun'...

If you kill for food, then it has a purpose, there are rules and guidelines to follow to keep things from getting out of control -- as it is one of our instincts to kill.

If you kill for fun, then the act is based on your emotional response, which is ever-changing... such a thing could lead to addiction... and addictions tend to grow exponentially in severity. All too easy to go from killing animals to harming people if you are allowed to kill for your own amusement.

Hunting for food is very structured... and the animal that is to be killed is respected throughout the whole process. The enjoyment is from partaking in 'old traditions'... being with friends while you hunt... and bragging rights about the meal the meat is to be used in. I don't feel much during the act of killing because I'm more concerned with ending the animal's suffering... really don't have time to wonder how I feel about it.

- James Allen

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast