+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iq

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Isn't there some theory about 'lost edge' in 2nd+ generation wealth? At least for entrepreneurs?

I think its called the Midas Curse. 90% of wealthy families lose their wealth in 3 generations or something.

So, I suppose it all goes in cycles. Like everything else.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    OOOO gotcha. Must of had a teacher that mistaught us that.
    Or, more likely, you misunderstood? Calling Einstein schizo is not a likely mistake a teacher would make.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Or, more likely, you misunderstood? Calling Einstein schizo is not a likely mistake a teacher would make.
    Considering all the other historical fabrications and bucket loads of textbook propoganda they've been stuffing down our throats over the centuries, Einstein might have actually been a schizo as well for all we know.

We'll never know unless rebel researchers are given access to original privately held materials.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm saying, simply, there is no data to suggest he was. And don't bother suggesting there isn't data he *wasn't*. The two possibilities are not equal. Einstein was a very productive scientist and later, teacher/professor. He was a very good, coherent writer. Generally, when you interact with the number of people Einstein did, there would be some indication of mental illness. Just like there was for John Nash.

Unless Einstein hid it. From both his wives. And his family. Its possible he was just THAT smart. Again, tho, no data to support this.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's pretty hard to keep schizophrenia a secret. You can't really hide it.

I am reciting what I remember. I remember talking about it with other classmates. There seems to have been a common misunderstanding.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just think its amusing you would attribute the error to your teacher & not yourself. Personal responsibility and all that. Don't you assess the idea as unlikely & then go and read more about it?

If I made that kind of mistake, I'd assume I heard wrong. Then I'd *definitely* check to find out what the right answer was. I was about to Google for it until Vash made her post (which I then went & checked).
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 19-06-09 at 01:25 PM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I just think its amusing you would attribute the error to your teacher & not yourself. Personal responsibility and all that. Don't you assess the idea as unlikely & then go and read more about it?

If I made that kind of mistake, I'd assume I heard wrong. Then I'd *definitely* check to find out what the right answer was. I was about to Google for it until Vash made her post (which I then went & checked).
    Indi, I think you have a vallid point there. When I had my education, teachers encouraged challenging.

This seems to be a thing of the past, unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Normally I would, but I knew you would log on here and correct me, so I didn't bother. Can we move on now?

-Lily Tomlin

So

Who has the highest SQ?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

That's interesting, Mish. How do we test that?

-Lily Tomlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Indi, I think you have a vallid point there. When I had my education, teachers encouraged challenging.

This seems to be a thing of the past, unfortunately.
    Well, there's a problem with that. Tho don't tell the Education Ministry or school board administrators. The volume of required curriculum keeps going up. So, a breaking point is coming. The sheer amount of raw data out there to learn is going to be so vast that the only thing that will make sense to teach the kids is critical thinking.

But that's pre-college. I think Derby is a university student? Post secondary there is much less spoon feeding.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234