+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [NEWS] Jobless graduate sues her college

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Actually, that's exactly what they do. That's why it's called "practice". Medicine is as much an art as it is a science.
    The idea of something being a theory and working at the same time doesn't fit any logic at all. If it isn't fact it shouldn't work. The idea that we can get something completely wrong but consistently in practice have it benefit us everyday is so improbable that it is silly. Back than science got things wrong and millions died because of it. Today if we are wrong you would have to assume that by some crazy chance we are wrong but millions live because of it. You people do know that "theoretical" means unproven right? as in theory. I am pretty sure no one wants to go to a hospital where they use unproven theoretical ideas to heal people...this sounds like which craft to me. They use medicine and drugs that have been PROVEN to work.

You can't take the term "practice" and make a argument out of that these days as medical practice is Greek terminology itself even. WTF did they know than? the idea is that science can change and it does but that has slowed to a crawl.

I also learned in school that the world is round. I am pretty ****ing sure that is a fact and not a theory.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 05-08-09 at 05:15 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't get sick, OV. If medical treatments were consistently effective, then people wouldn't die after receiving treatment. in reality, the way things workis that you try one thing, and if it doesn't work, you move on to another.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Don't get sick, OV. If medical treatments were consistently effective, then people wouldn't die after receiving treatment. in reality, the way things workis that you try one thing, and if it doesn't work, you move on to another.
    Yea, best thing would be if people just didn't die at all right? It doesn't always work that way that you move onto another. There are cures for diseases that work 100% of the time when used during the instructed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Show me one college that provides you with anything but theory.
    I learned in my college all the locations and positions of the human bodies bones. Their locations are anatomical facts and not theories. We know exactly that they are where they are. Hell, in pre-school I learned that the world is round...I guess you can argue that to be a theory but you got to be a bit stupid or born in the 1500 century.

Colleges bullshit and exploit young people with ridiculously high tuitions and empty promises. While she won't win her case is waranted pending the circumstances. Nice to see someone standing up to the exploitative university system, even though she is only falling on her own sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    The idea of something being a theory and working at the same time doesn't fit any logic at all. If it isn't fact it shouldn't work. The idea that we can get something completely wrong but consistently in practice have it benefit us everyday is so improbable that it is silly. Back than science got things wrong and millions died because of it. Today if we are wrong you would have to assume that by some crazy chance we are wrong but millions live because of it. You people do know that "theoretical" means unproven right? as in theory. I am pretty sure no one wants to go to a hospital where they use unproven theoretical ideas to heal people...this sounds like which craft to me. They use medicine and drugs that have been PROVEN to work.

You can't take the term "practice" and make a argument out of that these days as medical practice is Greek terminology itself even. WTF did they know than? the idea is that science can change and it does but that has slowed to a crawl.

I also learned in school that the world is round. I am pretty ****ing sure that is a fact and not a theory.

A theory has a set of conditions attached to it being a theory.

Facts are often misconstrued in a melange of technicalities we should be careful not to assume approximations of reality and considered to be reality as some things are not measurable.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    A theory has a set of conditions attached to it being a theory.

Facts are often misconstrued in a melange of technicalities we should be careful not to assume approximations of reality and considered to be reality as some things are not measurable.

Believe what you like but to me results are as good of evidence to make something fact as evidence itself.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Believe what you like but to me results are as good of evidence to make something fact as evidence itself.
    I believe science behind atoms is considered theory, as well as even electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I believe science behind atoms is considered theory, as well as even electricity.
    Others have proof that they are right and you have no proof that they are wrong. I don't care. For all I know you also believe that Santa Claus has sex with Jesus every night, nobody gives a shit what you believe but rather what you offer.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Others have proof that they are right and you have no proof that they are wrong. I don't care. For all I know you also believe that Santa Claus has sex with Jesus every night, nobody gives a shit what you believe but rather what you offer.
    Calm down motherf*cker, I was stating it in a way that left my statement open to correction. Last time I checked they were considered theories, if they're no longer considered theories I would be happy to know that.

Calm down motherf*cker, I was stating it in a way that left my statement open to correction. Last time I checked they were considered theories, if they're no longer considered theories I would be happy to know that.
    There are facts in electricity. I guess you can be happy now.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are facts in electricity. I guess you can be happy now.
    Fantastic, I'll let everyone else know they are wrong because OV said so.

Fantastic, I'll let everyone else know they are wrong because OV said so.
    I didn't say so. People who discovered electricity said so. One fact is that it exists for example. After all, how the **** do you discover something that doesn't exist?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't say so. People who discovered electricity said so. One fact is that it exists for example. After all, how the **** do you discover something that doesn't exist?
    Sure it exists, but since it's discovery it's constantly been tested and redefined.

Some say the greek civilization was the first to "discover" electricity.

Had we/they, been content with simply knowing that it does in fact exist, we woudn't be arguing over the internet right now.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    At the college level?
    Yes. One of my roomates has a BScN & she spent at least half her time in hospital w/patients.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast