+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: She isn't very responsive with text messages. Should I just walk away?

You are right lightning. I even know you are right. And probably by this time next week I will have forgotten this girl. It is just so tempting to get on this forum and try to argue with reality.

It's actually a little unhealthy.

Oh well, we all need a release valve sometimes I guess.

Forget the girl but get your stuff back! If she doesn't call back, call again JUST to get you DVD and hoodie back.

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Ehh. I say make a joke about it.

In your next text, say "Ohhh I get it. You were just using me for physical satisfaction from my amazing kisses. Now I'm getting tossed to the side. Terrible! I feel so...USED!"

Then see what she says. If she replies (depending on HOW she replies) you can either keep it goin, or stop it. The point is, she replied to you. PLUS, this way, you're getting her to POSSIBLY speak about why she's not texting you. (by joking about the KISS thing)

Let me know what happens.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How long has it been since your message? Is it possible this gal travels for work, or is just busy? I've left messages for a day or so b/c I was busy. Its not unusual.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Dont worry pisces, we all do that. come to this forum to release some stress and darn its so healthy (trust me)
    I had a weird dream yesterday were that guy I have crush in found about the forum , lol
    And just cheer up, you will find a better girl

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    How long has it been since your message? Is it possible this gal travels for work, or is just busy? I've left messages for a day or so b/c I was busy. Its not unusual.
    I called her yesterday (Sunday) at 2:00 pm, and she didn't respond all that day, nor today. I am pretty much sure that she's pulling the whole "ignore him, and he'll go away" routine. I hate to sound arrogant, but I am just not used to this. I mean, I'm not used to women falling at my feet like I am some sort of Don Juan, but I am usually pretty clear about who likes me and who doesn't.

I think the whole mind-**** for me has been the game. She'd respond to this, but not that. Go out with me, kiss me, but then not return a call. I'm 100% okay with a flat out rejection. I just am not cool with bullshit gray areas.

Whatever. I'll live.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't sound good. I'd forget it.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces7378 View Post
    I just am not cool with bullshit gray areas.

Whatever. I'll live.
    Yes we are all not cool with the bullshit gray areas
    But trust me , her not replying is turning the colors into something very obvious.

I'm 100% sure you will forget about her soon, but just give it time (even though time sucks )

Yeah... I mean, I can see now that she just isn't interested in me. That's fine. Maybe I just expect too much from people, but I always want to know why. I want to know if I was somehow annoying, or did something wrong. Or was is that I was once married, or that I am 11 years older than her. I just don't know what it was.

And I guess I never will. This last 2 years has just shown me so many things that I'll never know the answer to. I think I am spoiled, because for the 29 years prior, I feel like I had such a firm grasp on everything, and what it all means.

i did that a lot back when i was younger. it was the ignore him and he'll go away game lol. it wasn't very nice of me but i was young and dumb.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah... I mean, I can see now that she just isn't interested in me. That's fine. Maybe I just expect too much from people, but I always want to know why. I want to know if I was somehow annoying, or did something wrong. Or was is that I was once married, or that I am 11 years older than her. I just don't know what it was.

And I guess I never will. This last 2 years has just shown me so many things that I'll never know the answer to. I think I am spoiled, because for the 29 years prior, I feel like I had such a firm grasp on everything, and what it all means.
    Hold up. She is 18??

No WONDER she's acting this way.

Girls that are that young are ALWAYS flaky. Even without REASON.

This explains her illogical behavior very much now.

She's 21, not 18. I mean, that isn't a huge difference. Even at 21, I'd like to think that I would have had the decency to at least write a stupid text message, saying something like, "I'm already in a relationship." or, "I'm really sorry, but my dad just won't let me date someone eleven years older than me."

Yes, as pitiful as it sounds, a bold face lie would be preferable to absolute radio silence. Being ignored is quite possibly the most confusing thing, because you never really know when it is "over", as in, when you've gone too far. I kind of feel like sending her one last text saying, "Are you getting my messages." But that just feels like going too far. I've been around when some girl was ignoring some boy, and they really are brutal and make fun of the boy by saying out loud to all their friends, "Jesus dude! Get a grip! I don't want to answer you!!!"

I don't want to be THAT guy.

But I still think she's an asshole. 18, 21, 31, 61... an asshole is an asshole.

Users Country Flag
    She's 21, not 18. I mean, that isn't a huge difference. Even at 21, I'd like to think that I would have had the decency to at least write a stupid text message, saying something like, "I'm already in a relationship." or, "I'm really sorry, but my dad just won't let me date someone eleven years older than me."

Yes, as pitiful as it sounds, a bold face lie would be preferable to absolute radio silence. Being ignored is quite possibly the most confusing thing, because you never really know when it is "over", as in, when you've gone too far. I kind of feel like sending her one last text saying, "Are you getting my messages." But that just feels like going too far. I've been around when some girl was ignoring some boy, and they really are brutal and make fun of the boy by saying out loud to all their friends, "Jesus dude! Get a grip! I don't want to answer you!!!"

I don't want to be THAT guy.

But I still think she's an asshole. 18, 21, 31, 61... an asshole is an asshole.
    Of course you would. So would I. But she's a 21 yr old GIRL. Women very RARELY make "logical sense", man. They just DON'T. I mean, there's no other way to explain it.

I told you to make a joke out of it & just tell her she was using you for your one makeout session. But if ya don't want to do that, just leave it alone. Because as you said, she may be the type of girl who GETS your text messages, and says to her friend, "Look. This guy just KEEPS on writing me. I NEVER write him BACK, but he just can't get a clue."

Isn't it AMAZING how girls will tell OTHER girls what they don't like about you, but they won't actually tell YOU? lol, Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by NBT View Post
    Isn't it AMAZING how girls will tell OTHER girls what they don't like about you, but they won't actually tell YOU? lol, Wild.
    "Amazing" isn't the word I would use there... but yeah, you're right.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ I hate to bust your little bubble but guys do it too.

I've been in the same-ish sort of situation as this guy. I liked the guy, thought he liked me we contacted back and forth then is slowed on his side, I kept going... he started not calling back... He just flat out ignored me. No nothings. Yes, I finally clued in. But this is not a sex thing- this is a human thing. And he was not the only case that's just ignored me instead of telling me straight up that he's not interested.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast