View Poll Results: I would never fall for a guy if he was...

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poor: Great guy, but drives a ’92 Accord that makes sounds and has a big dent.

2 4.76%
  • Balding: Not completely bald, but is looking a little thin up top.

0 0%
  • No Self-Confidence: Looks at you as if he would do anything just to talk to you.

11 26.19%
  • Overweight: Everyone thinks he is an ASESOME person, but not in shape at all.

12 28.57%
  • Arrogant: Not exactly a Euro-trash metro sexual, but talks about himself all the time.

17 40.48%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alright LADIES... what is the least attractive thing about a man?

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    @pisces : Having self-confidence doesn't mean You have to be a dickhead.

I know it from experience because I am with 'self-confident nice guy'

What You're saying is just an excuse for pricks.
    I never said that all nice men are secretly needy assholes.

I am just saying that a man with no self-confidence... i.e. someone who is shy to the point of not being able to approach women, or someone who is one of these serial monogamists, who meets a girl and is IN LOVE with her within the same day... these people have no self-confidence and tend to be "Nice Guys" with quotation marks, because even though they seem like gentle loving men, secretly they are deeply confused and needy, and will treat you like a Goddess, but are keeping score the entire time. And even they don't realize it.

I don't know your guy. He might be AWESOME! But he might also just be like that because you are giving him the attention he seeks. Try backing off JUST A LITTLE, and see what happens.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces7378 View Post
    I never said that all nice men are secretly needy assholes.

I am just saying that a man with no self-confidence... i.e. someone who is shy to the point of not being able to approach women, or someone who is one of these serial monogamists, who meets a girl and is IN LOVE with her within the same day... these people have no self-confidence and tend to be "Nice Guys" with quotation marks, because even though they seem like gentle loving men, secretly they are deeply confused and needy, and will treat you like a Goddess, but are keeping score the entire time. And even they don't realize it.

I don't know your guy. He might be AWESOME! But he might also just be like that because you are giving him the attention he seeks. Try backing off JUST A LITTLE, and see what happens.
    Because he is AWESOME

He's like 'Every woman' from W.Houston's song but a male version

And I for sure don't give him as much attention as he deserves.
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    FACIAL HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW DA MOST DIGUSTING THING A MAN CAN DO TO HIMSELF!!!! AND OVERWEIGHT EVEN ALITTLE BIT IS A NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!!
    yea, i know... but you wanted an honest answer..

In fact, you might be surprised, but the ideal for most beautiful girls including myself is smth like this:

trust me! If your like that-- girls will go crAAAAAaaaAAaazzzzy!!! (no kidding!)
    (tho i would personally prefer a blond version of that) Men just don't kno what we girls want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are such a faggot.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's elle and her future husband lol

I wazzzz here

And then he will start to victim puke all over you.
    This is exactly why I swore off Italians.
    Then I realised it wasn't JUST Italians.

While I had to giggle at the "victim puke", been there done that, on to the next. Lucky for me, I think I've broken my "streak of bad men"

edit: @Elle; That's the kind of guy I'd have a drunk one-night stand with. Because he couldn't hold anything serious down.

Facial hair is awesome if it's done right. Not full grown trucker beard, but stubble-y. It's a great teasing-tool :3

Because, there is a difference in looking at someone with desire and walking over to them with desire.
    Uhh you have to do one before the other.

The rest of the crap you posted sounded like a bunch of stereotyping bullshit. Yea, all nice guys keep a score of the nice things they do and thus have a crazy large ego...yea most likely in one scenario you witnessed and decided that to be your entire view on it.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 13-11-09 at 04:43 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

We all know women just want a big dick.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 13-11-09 at 04:53 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Uhh you have to do one before the other.

The rest of the crap you posted sounded like a bunch of stereotyping bullshit. Yea, all nice guys keep a score of the nice things they do and thus have a crazy large ego...yea most likely in one scenario you witnessed and decided that to be your entire view on it.
    Sounds to me like someone is getting defensive.

It certainly is a stereotype. It is even worse than that. It is a downright, sweeping generalization! The only thing is, I very clearly wrote...

"I never said that all nice men are secretly needy assholes."

If your sweetie pie brings you breakfast in bed every morning, but has the balls to not put you on a princess pedestal, and play the victim when things get tough... then rock on girlfriend!

I was just saying that honestly, it is very rare. If you'd like, I could give you the psychological pathology behind the "Nice Guy Syndrome". I certainly didn't make any of this up on my own. I just read a lot about psychology. I love people, and how we all do out thing. So if you still don't trust me, just let me know and I'll explain why "Nice Guys" (of course not all), have huge egos and will cause you pain in the end.

Look who's generalizing and stereotyping now.

if he knows how to use that is preferable as well.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can think of LOTS of attributes less attractive than the ones that are listed...

Liars
    Lazy men
    addicts
    pedophiles
    rednecks
    bible thumpers
    etc...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I didn't see "tiny wiener" anywhere on that list, so I had to vote "No confidence", since that is correlated to tiny wieners.
    I went out with a guy once and he had loads of confidence...probably actually over confident..He had a wiener...like little finger size!!...needless to say, that relationship didnt last long!

Holy SHIT!!! That IS the singer for Tokio Hotel. I was just kidding, because I remembered thinking he was a little cream puff when I saw him. Wow! THAT is what's sexy?
    That is whats sexy to a young GIRL. Not a woman.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

To the OP, what is it that you're trying to gauge? A generalized idea of what women find attractive? It really all depends on who you're asking, right?

From my perspective, finding a mate (considering you're talking about a relationship and not just a fun time gal) is about finding an equal or close to it. So, take the "poor" guy for example. A wealthy or financially secure woman might find a penniless fellow unattractive because perhaps she doesn't want to have to take on the stress of being the main breadwinner. Maybe she's anticipating possible problems over money if she dates him, and doesn't want that to be a factor in her long term relationship.

Would a woman with an equally low paying job find him just as unattractive? Maybe, maybe not. Unless she is looking for a way out of her finanically strapped situation (which is a whole 'nother thread), wouldn't it make her something of a hypocrite if she did?

Same thing with an overweight man. There is possibly a woman out there as overweight or out-of-shape as he who wouldn't mind or would perhaps seek out someone with his body type.

Maybe it's better to ask what women find attractive rather than focus on what they don't find attractive. My guess is that you'll find women are looking for relative equals in terms of lifestyle, body type, whathaveyou.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    To the OP, what is it that you're trying to gauge? A generalized idea of what women find attractive? It really all depends on who you're asking, right?

From my perspective, finding a mate (considering you're talking about a relationship and not just a fun time gal) is about finding an equal or close to it. So, take the "poor" guy for example. A wealthy or financially secure woman might find a penniless fellow unattractive because perhaps she doesn't want to have to take on the stress of being the main breadwinner. Maybe she's anticipating possible problems over money if she dates him, and doesn't want that to be a factor in her long term relationship.

Would a woman with an equally low paying job find him just as unattractive? Maybe, maybe not. Unless she is looking for a way out of her finanically strapped situation (which is a whole 'nother thread), wouldn't it make her something of a hypocrite if she did?

Same thing with an overweight man. There is possibly a woman out there as overweight or out-of-shape as he who wouldn't mind or would perhaps seek out someone with his body type.

Maybe it's better to ask what women find attractive rather than focus on what they don't find attractive. My guess is that you'll find women are looking for relative equals in terms of lifestyle, body type, whathaveyou.
    You know... that is a very good point. I hadn't really thought about that very much. I think men (or at least this one) tend to think in black and white... empirical beauty, as if there is a single ideal man and a single ideal woman. That is why I posed it all as a "one night stand" kind of thing. Because what kind of person is looking for an exact equal for just a fling between the sheets?

I'm 6'4" tall, 280 lbs, and am a total top-o-the-ol-bell-curve average guy for the most part. But if I am looking for a one night stand, I am looking for a 5"10' knock-out with big lips, long legs, round hips and the whole 9 yards. Even though, in my heart of hearts, I am not really attracted to that for a life long mate. I'd much rather have a smart, funny, kind soul wearing sweat pants and my old college sweatshirt on the couch for a DVD movie night.

But you do raise an excellent point about people looking for equals in relationships.

Thanks for your contribution.

Brooklyn girls are awesome!

No silly... we want a dick that fits ...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast