+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Visual vs Cerebral

Yet here we are..a bunch of us with a bunch of opinions on what's wrong with the world and how we need to change it..but why should we change it to what we think is right? So what if people think think is beauty? Let them. We can state our opinion and say, "Man, you're being brainwashed by the media", but we all base our own opinions by some sort of influence. Just because our stimulus is diferent and non-main stream, we think we "think for ourselves" with our own brain..but everything around us has had an influence to think as we may.

In the end, the equation balances out. Diversity is the spice of life, so it's cool that we think differently. So the problem is that the 70% of the bell-shaped curve is controlled by the media giants. So MTV dictates what's cool. So what? I admit to wanting to watch MTV to see beautiful people. But that's my concious choice. To me, it's a matter of numbers. When you have 70% of all people flowing in a direction, you will find a bigger sample pool of people that you might want to associate with.

But back to physical beauty: personally I don't mind curvy girls at all. I'm into pretty faces as my number one factor of physical beauty. I do know that the majority of guys probably don't like the curvy girls...they like the nice bodies. So say to them "**** them". Unfortunately, this will cause a large portion of males to be disqualified from your contention, but, hey, there's something for everyone.

Maybe it's an attitude of "giving up", Breeze, but I think the equation balances itself..when it tilts too much in one direction, then there's a revolution to bring down the establishment and start all over again...but as long as there's a healthy fat middle of the road number of people that are not getting screwed, stability prevails.

Freddie

ps. Really...there are only revolutions when the "higher ups" are screwed with. You can screw the low man and he'll just take it...but that's another historical lesson...

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    So MTV dictates what's cool. So what? I admit to wanting to watch MTV to see beautiful people. But that's my concious choice. To me, it's a matter of numbers. When you have 70% of all people flowing in a direction, you will find a bigger sample pool of people that you might want to associate with.

Freddie
    I'm not sure I agree with you here, or even understand what you are trying to say Freddie. The problem with the media filling our heads with what is acceptable is that it makes people feel inadequate and rush around trying to make themselves "better" than average in order to be considered "beautiful". AND not only that, but it sets us up for disappointment because the majority of people are NOT movie star or model perfect. THEY are the freaks and most of them get that way because of the countless assistants they have waiting on them hand and foot. Not to mention the "touch ups" they get. So anyway, now when you go out you set your standards based on these, "fake" beauties and don't see the REAL people that you meet everyday. It's sad, it's cruel and it's totally unecessary. That's why I guess I always seem to go for the unpopular, whatever it is. It holds more meaning for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234