+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Guys who date younger women

If you love him, you should choose to believe him

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Cam, you have to want children b/c you have something to offer THEM. Not the other way around, which is just selfish.

You might be surprised to know that many of the same issues that cause problems in marriages also cause problems with relationships with one's children, especially in their teenage and young adult years. In other words, if you can't figure it out with another adult, its not going to be any easier with a child.

I bet there are any number of posters here who don't get along with a parent and who has similar issues in their marriage/relationship. Children are little people who grow up to become big people, so it makes sense.
    Makes sense. If I can't get along with women, then I should just live in complete isolation until death overtakes me.

Indi, I would agree with you IF things were normal in the world; but they are not.

In one sense, we decry tradition and say anything goes. In the next breath, we demand that tradition be followed.

This is how your advice reads yet plays out in reality:

1. Your Stated Law: Men and women must find a suitable partner with whom to raise normal children (traditional reasons)

2. Assumption: traditional men will find a readily available supply of traditional women with whom to raise health children. (not based in today's reality)

3. Reality: Most women want to be free of some or all of their traditional role as women. Simply having one around will not lead to normal child rearing. It's like saying the simple presence of hedge clippers will make the yard look better...

4. Assumption: There is something innate in women that leads to motherly behavior. (a female myth) I've seen men be more motherly and fatherly than women today. Just a fact. Kids do need a mother, but "motherly" isn't an innate quality in women. Women have changed because of the environment in which they've been raised.

5. Underlying theme of your comments: In order to become a father, I must pass muster with the female sex. Load of crap. Why should I be held to their standards? In a non-traditional world, why should they use tradition as a form of power over my rights as a human being?

While I don't think you fit in the category, this is the smug attitude of the modern feminist...namely, I'll do what I want and act the way I want and you (little man) must live with it or face extinction. In essence, "You need me, buddy, so deal with it." Actually, we (men) don't need you (women) anymore than you need us. Such is the fate of the post-modern society.

And, its not selfish to want to reproduce. It is biologically the only function we have.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Marriage (or even a relationship) in America today is the equivalent of having an enemy combatant staying in your house. One might as well stick the dynamite up one's arse and light the match.
    This has not been my experience. If you choose the right person, marriage is wonderful.

In order to become a father, I must pass muster with the female sex.
    Well... yes. You can become a sperm donor otherwise, but if you want to be a "father", you'll have to get along with the rest of the family.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well... yes. You can become a sperm donor otherwise, but if you want to be a "father", you'll have to get along with the rest of the family.
    Why? Women have made it a point of having children without a man around. It is, therefore, perfectly alright to have a child of my own by paying for a surrogate mother. A lot of men are doing this...some are gay while others are straight guys who can't get along with women.

There are ways of getting around the issue of a wife. The female stranglehold on men can be avoided

Your earlier comment about how marriage can be a loving and wonderful thing. I believe it. I also believe that such a condition is as rare as a warm summer's day in Siberia.

CAM, if you really want to do it, then do it. Find a surrogate and pay her. Hire some good help and go for it! I'm totally serious.
    Spammer Spanker

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your earlier comment about how marriage can be a loving and wonderful thing. I believe it. I also believe that such a condition is as rare as a warm summer's day in Siberia.
    it all depends on the intelligence of the two people in the relationship. find someone who is smart instead of going for brainless cleaning ladies.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Moe is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Why? Women have made it a point of having children without a man around. It is, therefore, perfectly alright to have a child of my own by paying for a surrogate mother. A lot of men are doing this...some are gay while others are straight guys who can't get along with women.

There are ways of getting around the issue of a wife. The female stranglehold on men can be avoided

My nickel's worth from a single dad.
    A child needs two parents the end, I also came from a single home my dad died when I was very young, boy a dad would have been nice.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    it all depends on the intelligence of the two people in the relationship. find someone who is smart instead of going for brainless cleaning ladies.
    I have a brain,but I also like to be a housewife ... Is it making me a bad match?
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Cam, you have to want children b/c you have something to offer THEM. Not the other way around, which is just selfish.

You might be surprised to know that many of the same issues that cause problems in marriages also cause problems with relationships with one's children, especially in their teenage and young adult years. In other words, if you can't figure it out with another adult, its not going to be any easier with a child.

I bet there are any number of posters here who don't get along with a parent and who has similar issues in their marriage/relationship. Children are little people who grow up to become big people, so it makes sense.
    That's very true^^

To the OP. 24-30 year bracket for a woman is for men who want to have kids. They are giving a few years to establish a relationship and then another few years to get married before having a family. Any older and the chance of having a healthy baby starts decreasing.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    This has not been my experience. If you choose the right person, marriage is wonderful.
    I totally agree with this observation^

Cam, your main problem is that you haven't found the right person who shares your point of view. It could be a cultural thing. If it's not working out with American women, try to date women from other cultures, you will expand your horizons and will have a chance to view relationships from entirely new point of view. It will only help you.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most of the women I know don't have babies until their mid 30s.

BTW - did you know that the incidence of schizophrenia rises with an aging father? One of the little tidbits I remembered from nursing school...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Most of the women I know don't have babies until their mid 30s.
    That's what I mean. If they start dating a 30 year old the most likely time she will have a baby will be in her mid 30s, naturally they don't want to date anyone older than that because then it will be pushing the biological clock.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    HAH! Do you really think THAT is the reason men around 40 date 25 year olds? HAHAHAHHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    HAH! Do you really think THAT is the reason men around 40 date 25 year olds? HAHAHAHHAHA
    The guy from OPs post was 32 and she was 27 if I recall correctly. There is nothing in my posts to indicate that I was referring to 40 year olds dating 25 year olds.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast