+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does Vehicle matters to females?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    My fiance is a high-level banker that drives to clients homes to meet with them personally. I'm working on becoming a private investment advisor, which will require me to do the same thing. I don't think people with millions of dollars to invest want to see us rolling up in a Honda (that's what I drive now). They'll think we don't do our jobs well. Honestly.

I actually want an Infiniti. It feels high-end and sort of down to earth at the same time.
    Infinitys are nice cars. As for your example, you didn't have to justify yourself but yes, that is the type of job I mean. In my case, we have very nice company cars we use to see customers and a limo service for bringing people to our office. If it helps you to know, frankly if our IA showed up in a clunker, I'd be concerned. Particularly since her income is tied to our performance. She drives a Merc, btw. So I understand completely.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was more clarifying the point to Lulu, who seems to think people with money that don't give it all away are wasteful.

Some people have a real purpose for buying the vehicle they do.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Right, but honestly, most people who buy those cars don't buy *just* for work. Its a way to flaunt status. I mean, seriously, are you ONLY going to drive your car for work? You aren't going to drive your fiances car and show it off to your fam & GFs? Even when its bought from his income?

I do know someone who only drives their expensive car for work and their 'average' car for daily life. Seems a bit weird to me, honestly. Tho this person is actually quite humble. Or mbe there's an insurance reason, or they are leasing the car and don't want the mileage. Or paranoid about damage; the superstore lot isn't exactly gentle on cars.

the only thing that matters to me as far as cars is that i have one that i like and am happy with.

i drive a mazda3 and i love my car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPcPWIlyV2k"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The #1 selling car in Canada, apparently.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Right, but honestly, most people who buy those cars don't buy *just* for work. Its a way to flaunt status. I mean, seriously, are you ONLY going to drive your car for work? You aren't going to drive your fiances car and show it off to your fam & GFs? Even when its bought from his income?

Obviously not just for work, but it's a large part of it.

Indi, I wouldn't run around showing off my fiance's car like it's mine. I'm not that materialistic. He worked for it, he earned it, and when I buy mine it will because I worked for it and earned it. Yes, it does feel good to drive a status vehicle. I grew up in a lower-middle-class household, riding in beater cars and wearing clothes from the thrift store. Does it make me feel good about working my ass off to better my situation? Damn right it does.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^Cool. True answer. FWIW, I don't agree with Lulu either. Like I said, I'm into boats not cars. In fact, its a far bigger $$$ sinkhole. Of course, one doesn't get to drive a sailboat around town either, its a more silent vice.

My cousin who is marrying some Romanian babe, bought a bunch of motorcycle parts and completely assembled it all by himself. Then he drove all the way from East coast to West coast on it, visiting all the national parks and monuments along the way. He came here for a night on his way back.

I think we could all agree that a car can be a symbol of our personality, depending on its significance in our lives.

A few people, when I told them I want to bike across the country, said, "You mean on a motorcycle? Cool!" No, damn it. I'm sure it would be fun and all, but I imagine the sense of accomplishment due to making it across the continent under your own power isn't quite there.

Hmm interesting question. My boyfriend doesn't even own a car and that never really crossed my mind. There was a guy in my university program who would brag about driving a hummer and I thought he was such a looser (I'm a bit of an environmentalist). Anyway, he didn't get a date from me! I think the type of car a guy drives only matters if they make it a part of themselves by bragging in such a way "I drive X type of car" (ie. I have this much money, or I care about my status or appearance ect.) but, some girls like that!

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateorange View Post
    Hmm interesting question. My boyfriend doesn't even own a car and that never really crossed my mind. There was a guy in my university program who would brag about driving a hummer and I thought he was such a looser (I'm a bit of an environmentalist). Anyway, he didn't get a date from me! I think the type of car a guy drives only matters if they make it a part of themselves by bragging in such a way "I drive X type of car" (ie. I have this much money, or I care about my status or appearance ect.) but, some girls like that!
    uhhggg... my idiot buddy has been acting a bit like that since he bought himself a mitsubishi lancer a few months ago.. hes not VERY forward about it but there has been times its left a few of us rolling out eyes.. nice car though!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lancer is a decent car too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One of my friends has a very hot Mitsubishi Eclipse. She had a baby and still continues to drive it (despite being a two-door) because she can't let it go.

I can't imagine having to pull a child carrier out of the back of that thing everyday, so she must really love that thing.

Lancer evolution is even better, but also much more expensive! lol.. but yeah, your right bluesummer about the infinity. A very good balance between humble and luxury, simply because its outstanding cars looks/quality wise, is a luxury vehicle yet isn't usually grouped with BMWs and Mercede's etc, that some ppl look down on.

A very good balance I would think.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ That's kinda what I'm going for. Nice enough to feel like a status vehicle, without everyone thinking I have a giant ego problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast