Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AGAIN... That GAME they play.

Dicks ask people to clarify themselves?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    A lot of guys have this almost girly attitude. As soon as they're not getting attention, they get their panties in a bunch and start acting this way. How many times have we seen this? Instead of looking at his flaws (which some have pointed out) he'll blame the girls for it and the fact they want money, manners, personality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    They act like what? Please articulate yourself when you post in one of my threads
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    like this. ^.
    LOL! Yes, I agree.

But, some guys do this and still manage not to come across as dicks. Mish, for example, will ask for clarification in a similar way. I'm only using him as an example b/c I know he won't be offended (I hope). The difference is that its obvious from the rest of Mish's demeanor that he's not insecure or being a dick about asking, he genuinely wants to improve things. Different motives.

Note that I'm not saying that even Mish wouldn't put-off certain girls with this behaviour. I think a lot of girls wouldn't know how to deal with such... earnestness is the word that comes to mind for him. But those are exactly the ones he is trying to avoid and even still, I know he wouldn't treat them with disrespect b/c they aren't what he is looking for.

Perhaps Mish can comment further. I hope this makes sense, Graham. Your 'dickishness' or 'entitlement' comes off as insecurity, which makes you a bad investment of a quality partner's time. Partners like this are always in high demand b/c they are relatively rare: good looks will only get you noticed, after that you'd better actually have some depth and humanity or you won't be able to hold their interest, as you are finding.

I'll let you raise the next (hopefully) obvious question.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

One of my roommates seems to be in your situation, GB. Not only does he seem to drive away women, but he repels all people. I've never seen someone come over to our house to spend time with him. I think the most is this one chick who came over to bang him for about 30 minutes before leaving.

His personality sucks. Truly. He's always spouting stuff about his morals and what a good Baptist he is. He still complains about how his ex cheated on him with a good friend of his, and how he never did anything wrong in the relationship. He's inconsiderate to his roommates. Thinks that somehow because he pays the least for his rent portion that it absolves him of having any responsibility in the household. Never takes out trash, does dishes, or buys supplies for the house. Opens up people's food before they can even get to it. Walks into people's rooms to talk about nothing important.

Lately we've been having issues with dishes not getting done and the kitchen looking messy. My other male roommate was tired of it and wrote a rather passive-aggressive note. I won't begrudge him the note since our schedules don't align at all, but my inconsiderate male roommate tried to explain it all away by saying, "I've lived in frat houses before." This is not a frat house. He is refusing to step up and accept his portion of blame in all this. Your attitude is similar. You have a condescending tone to your posts. Example:

They act like what? Please articulate yourself when you post in one of my threads
    Why did you include the smiley face? You are professing cluelessness when I think you actually understand at least part of what they mean. You are simply enjoying the fact that they are refusing to indulge you in your narcissistic behavior. "Oh, she can't define what it means to be a dick, so that means I'm not one." Smiley face = HAHA. You sound like a child.

Well thanks for the input guys.

lahnnabell, I'd hate to come off as your roommate. I am definitely not a baptist . Sounds like a guy with a real chip on his shoulder.

I appreciate all of your guys's input, genuinely, but I think a lot of leaps are being made here based on people personal experiences.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234