+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this common in US?

I think instead of trying to treat a crackhead in a hospital, they should lock them in a room with a hoard of crack, record it, and broadcast it on TV. Throw multiple crackheads in one room and watch them fight over the last rock.

And Germany has some pretty awesome health insurance, I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I think instead of trying to treat a crackhead in a hospital, they should lock them in a room with a hoard of crack, record it, and broadcast it on TV. Throw multiple crackheads in one room and watch them fight over the last rock.

And Germany has some pretty awesome health insurance, I agree with that.
    Having been in the military for a bit I've been to Germany (but not lived) and have known many people that have lived in Germany. If you grow up with their health care, I guess you like it. From what I've heard there are good things about it, and bad, but I don't know enough about german health care to talk about it educatedly. I do know they pay a butt load in taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    So you support Unions?
    I feel Unions are good in SOME cases, there are instances when they go too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post

What about the people who do not have your upbringing? People who were born in poverty and don't have your level of education and don't have the same footing as you to make it in society? What about the people affected by disasters or who lost everything in the global financial crisis? Surely not everyone has exactly the same opportunities as you?
    Maybe you missed my previous posts but I was born dirt poor. I lived in a one bedroom apt with my two sisters, an alcoholic father, a semi mental mother. There were times our water wouldn't run and our electricity was turned off. I wasn't born privileged and I managed to turn out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    Having been in the military for a bit I've been to Germany (but not lived) and have known many people that have lived in Germany. If you grow up with their health care, I guess you like it. From what I've heard there are good things about it, and bad, but I don't know enough about german health care to talk about it educatedly. I do know they pay a butt load in taxes.
    If you grow up with something, you like it? That doesn't make any sense, unless you think I am from Germany (I'm not)
    I don't understand why people are so opposed to taxes; taxes are good! Yay, taxes!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    If you grow up with something, you like it? That doesn't make any sense, unless you think I am from Germany (I'm not)
    I don't understand why people are so opposed to taxes; taxes are good! Yay, taxes!
    lol easy for you to say, since you are living on handouts, last I heard.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Apparently, you're deaf.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm all for letting the druggies OD. Round the crackheads up--the ones who create trouble, mind you. There's absolutely nothing wrong with snorting crack or shooting heroine, and if a person can handle it without losing control, bravo. Good for him. Those who can't handle it, you round up and take to a clinic. You offer them help. If they don't want it you let them do as much of the junk as they want and you let them die. This notion that we need to save each and every last human being is ridiculous. No. We don't.
    Last edited by Gribble; 18-10-10 at 09:42 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If you understood what that crackhead is being treated for, and how expensive it is to treat him/her, combined with the knowledge that they will go right back out and continue getting high, only to be readmitted to the hospital in the not-too-distant future, you might sing another song. I was speaking to someone last night that said it cost them $40,000 to spend the weekend in the hospital when they only needed monitoring because of a heart arrhythmia. It would cost a hell of a lot more to treat a crackhead who has multiple organ failure.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i think we are wrong in the way we are treating drug addicts. i think it would be much cheaper to give them all the crack they wanted, subsidized by the government, and let them smoke their lives away. it would also cause less crime. there should be help for people who want it too.

i feel that way about alcoholics. they go into the hospital and they could be treated with alcohol. i say give them a beer and send them home. send them home with a prescription of beer and get a pharmacy that delivers.

way cheaper than all the interventions they do in the hospital.
    Not to bud in the argument again but I didn't mean treat them for their crack habit. I was speaking in general. For example a broken leg. She brought up the "crack"head part. I'm all up for legalizing all drugs and letting these people snort and smoke themself to death.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd also like to point out that maybe you all shouldn't be fighting against health care reform. Maybe you should be fighting all the superfluous pits your tax dollars currently fill. Fix that crap and you'd probably be able to foot the bill for those less fortunate and save a few bucks.
    Last edited by Gribble; 18-10-10 at 01:37 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bad things about german health care... It could be even CHEAPER!My stepfather told me that in the past you didn't have to pay those 10euro/quartal for doctor visits and 10euro for a day at hospital. You didn't pay at all. And prescription instead of 5 euro costed you like 0,50 Pffenig lol .
    I wazzzz here

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Of course it does. Someone has to pay for all the people who don't have insurance.
    Butit was the same before the reform ,where millions of people didn't have any insurance.
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Somebody is paying for all the of uninsured already. We'd just like to think that it's not us.

Maybe you missed my previous posts but I was born dirt poor. I lived in a one bedroom apt with my two sisters, an alcoholic father, a semi mental mother. There were times our water wouldn't run and our electricity was turned off. I wasn't born privileged and I managed to turn out just fine.
    But does that mean that everyone else should also turn out just fine given your circumstances? Maybe there are people out there who are not born with as superior mental capabilities as you? Maybe there are people out there born not just poor, but in complete poverty without access to education or even basic amenities? The conditions you described aren't considered that bad in the area where I grew up, it's pretty standard and yet it didn't affect the charitable nature of people living in them.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    all medical facilities charge according to the official medical fee schedule, so it has nothing to do with private sectors. when i went to the hospital last year, my insurance complany got billed 5k for having me there for an hour, giving a couple of pills and putting me on IV.
    What do you mean it has nothing to do with private sector? Exactly the same procedure that cost you 5K would cost only a few hundred here. Why are the costs so different? Can you honestly swear that there is no OVER charging going on?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast