+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: BF deleted me off Facebook

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ric, somethings actually aren't important. Facebook is one of them. Sites like this one are another.

I don't need to have a clue about someone like you. Its pretty clear you don't get it.

And this is exactly how FB has managed to manipulate an entire generation of people like you AND the OP. You gave up your privacy, even to your select group, such that you no longer have complete freedom over your actions. I had a FB account once; I used it as a photo dump when we were living abroad. Then I deleted everything and cancelled the account. So now, my friends know my appearance on FB is hit or miss and they know not to attribute anything I do with my current account with any seriousness. That said, the few people I interact w/on FB couldn't care less if the service disappeared tomorrow either.

Be careful who you give yourself to, kids. Online or IRL.
    Again, you know me so well.
    I don't use my full real name on fb, as I don't want loads of people I don't care for to find me. I use a different email for it so people I don't talk to anymore, nor care to talk to, won't be adding me via the email function.
    I'm not giving up any privacy because I put nothing I want to keep private up there.

Again, I don't care what you think about facebook or similar services. I'm just saying that you are giving bad advice because of the generational gap you can't seem to overcome.

Ric, somethings actually aren't important. Facebook is one of them. Sites like this one are another.

I don't need to have a clue about someone like you. Its pretty clear you don't get it.

And this is exactly how FB has managed to manipulate an entire generation of people like you AND the OP. You gave up your privacy, even to your select group, such that you no longer have complete freedom over your actions. I had a FB account once; I used it as a photo dump when we were living abroad. Then I deleted everything and cancelled the account. So now, my friends know my appearance on FB is hit or miss and they know not to attribute anything I do with my current account with any seriousness. That said, the few people I interact w/on FB couldn't care less if the service disappeared tomorrow either.

Be careful who you give yourself to, kids. Online or IRL.
    Yea.. I did the same thing with my account but you're missing the entire point of this thread. She is upset because he is lying to her by all intents and purposes. In this case if it wasn't for facebook and he was using a dating site instead she would never know he was lying (if indeed he actually is.)

This is not about how good or lame YOU think facebook is. Why should he have an account while she does not when all he had to do is change is password?

FWIW I think it's a dumb as you do and that those that gather there are sheep making some dufus richer and richer.

To add: The site has been cited as part of the reason in 30% of divorces in Canada in 2010 and no matter how much you derail Op's thread, these kids aren't getting off it anytime soon.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 14-08-11 at 06:11 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Just curious...are there any red flags in your relationship outside of this facebook issue? How often do you talk on the phone? Text?
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I don't use my full real name on fb, as I don't want loads of people I don't care for to find me. I use a different email for it so people I don't talk to anymore, nor care to talk to, won't be adding me via the email function.
    I'm not giving up any privacy because I put nothing I want to keep private up there.
    LOL, so naive. And I suppose every single other friend you connect with also uses an alias and has their privacy settings set to max? Are you using a computer in a public library every time you log on? Are they?

Your freedom is hooped the moment you have to alter your behaviour. You have already admitted to doing so. You aren't nearly as clever as you think. Anyway, carry on, its your fiction to hold to as long as you wish. Same for the OP.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenswaiting View Post
    Just curious...are there any red flags in your relationship outside of this facebook issue? How often do you talk on the phone? Text?
    This^. Thank goodness there are some ppl with common sense left out there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

And I suppose every single other friend you connect with also uses an alias and has their privacy settings set to max?
    Hey ... don't bring me into this.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

This^. Thank goodness there are some ppl with common sense left out there.
    Yea imagine she's on target with op's problem too.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

To be honest, everything that you have told us about this guy seems suspect; from ignoring you in front of colleagues at work, to this.

He is up to something l would guess.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I'm not disconnected from the internet at all. In fact, I was where it actually all started for a number of years.
    Indi's best friend is Al Gore. Clearly, this thread is stupid.

God Damn Facebook and how it affected our social life and messed our minds...
    do you know what I did when my Facebook Account started givin' me trouble? I'v shut down and never activated it again! It's been a year. and I'm not coming back to it again... and that's what you should do!
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

If I were him and waiting for it to blow over wouldnt you change your password then shut down your account for a period of time? not shut off his girlfriend, so I guess he doesnt really care what this hacker may be saying to his other close friends on facebook then.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Indi's best friend is Al Gore. Clearly, this thread is stupid.
    Al Gore is a nice guy.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    To add: The site has been cited as part of the reason in 30% of divorces in Canada in 2010 and no matter how much you derail Op's thread, these kids aren't getting off it anytime soon.
    Oh, there's a growing meme on the evils of FB. Try doing a search in this forum.... say, 3 years back or so.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Actually, after reading Max's post #53 I read Op's posting history and now I'm wondering if she's a t.r.o.l.l because it's hard for me to believe that she woulnd't have left his sorry ass long before he tricked her into deleting herself from facebook

Kink, if you're not trolling then just tell him to shove his facrcrap account up his suspect ass and when you're over the emotional turmoil this man consistantly has you enduring then find a guy that you can at the very least, trust.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    See now, I was going to accuse her of troll but I thought I'd just get stomped on for being even less compassionate.

Summers are full of bored teenagers on this forum, WU. Doesn't change my opinion of the subject, mind.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast