+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: valentines and men

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    That's not a general man's holiday. Hell, I'm not even a father nor ever want to be.

Valentine's is basically men celebrating women and giving them things in hopes of getting something. But guys don't get things for Valentine's since it's the man's job to do the appreciating and the woman just has to sit back with her dozens of flowers, boxes of chocolate, various jewelry given her by creepy admirers..
    No it's not. Google the origin of this day....there is nothing there that stipulates it a day celebrating women....FACT.

Valentine's is basically men celebrating women and giving them things in hopes of getting something. But guys don't get things for Valentine's since it's the man's job to do the appreciating and the woman just has to sit back with her dozens of flowers, boxes of chocolate, various jewelry given her by creepy admirers..
    I bought my ex boyfriend something for Valentine's day... and I have never sat back and gotten dozens of flowers from numerous creepy admirers hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    I bought my ex boyfriend something for Valentine's day... and I have never sat back and gotten dozens of flowers from numerous creepy admirers hahaha

Really? How did he take getting a gift on Valentine's? That's pretty unorthodox and considerate. We men are used to having to practically worship women on this, the key Hallmark holiday.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I gave a gift to my bf last Valentine's Day too.

All the couples I know exchange presents on Valentine's day (meaning that they BOTH get something), or neither of them gets anything. It's never just the girl receiving presents.
    Last edited by searock; 28-01-13 at 07:12 AM.

If you go into the greeting card section...there are Valentines day cards for men...ie: husband.

Good god! It sounds like Hallmark is expanding their Valentine's operation. This must be new.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

hah no it's not. The fact you never had a need to buy one is why you don't know about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I gave a gift to my bf last Valentine's Day too.

All the couples I know exchange presents on Valentine's day (meaning that they BOTH get something), or neither of them gets anything. It's never just the girl receiving presents.
    I got my wife a card and a coffee mug with candy in it and a balloon/ribbon thingy on it last year.

Really? How did he take getting a gift on Valentine's? That's pretty unorthodox and considerate. We men are used to having to practically worship women on this, the key Hallmark holiday.
    he took it like any other person would take it... my mom gets my dad things on valentine's day, it has always been that way in my family, and any friends I know who have ever been in relationships get them for each other. I've never just had someone give me something and me sit there and bask in glory or something haha I think you have a different idea about it than how it actually is. once you get in a relationship you will see

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    he took it like any other person would take it... my mom gets my dad things on valentine's day, it has always been that way in my family, and any friends I know who have ever been in relationships get them for each other. I've never just had someone give me something and me sit there and bask in glory or something haha I think you have a different idea about it than how it actually is. once you get in a relationship you will see
    Pay no attention to the Love'sRetard. He hasn't had a girl to do Valentine's day with since Oingo Boingo was popular.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Pay no attention to the Love'sRetard. He hasn't had a girl to do Valentine's day with since Oingo Boingo was popular.
    oingo boingo OMFG HAHA

LOL dead man's party!!

Pay no attention HIA: he's been stuck in the same unhappy marriage for decades now. His dating advice has been outdated since the 50s.

why do you guys hate each other so much? it makes me laugh

Well, myself, aninnocentman and HIA used to be bros, and that is in order of rank in the bro hierarchy; unfortunately, HIA quit became insubordinate and so he is no longer a homey.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast