+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I be "normal"?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Oh Yeah? Girl opens your car door on dates ?
    Yes, this does happen. I guess that's a problem to those of us who are hell-bent on making issues out of non-issues?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2
    IMO I think you should just jump off a cliff. You don't care about the weather ....irked by kids, the elderly....you're not religious....do t like it when people approach you....blah blah.
    Is this directed at me? I thouht it was at first but Indestructible's next post has me confused and none of this is relevant to me in any way.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 08-05-13 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Oh Yeah? Girl opens your car door on dates ?

What about when you get cold sweetie?!? Does she offer you her jacket too? LOL!!

I'd like to hope you understand what I'm talking about in this thread....Jeesh

IMO I think you should just jump off a cliff. You don't care about the weather ....irked by kids, the elderly....you're not religious....do t like it when people approach you....blah blah.

**** it man ! Why are you even here on earth ? You're taking up space

I urge you to see a therapist immediately
    Whoa, hold on a second, there. I'm the topic creator, here, and you're kinda getting into it with some other poster. I already said earlier in the topic that I have no problems paying for a date or being otherwise "gentlemanly", and I haven't felt the need to contribute to that discussion further because it's irrelevant. I don't know why this topic suddenly exploded overnight into a discussion on who pays for the date and all that stuff. That has nothing to do with anything to the topic at hand.

And the stuff you did respond to that relates to me (not caring about chitchat, not being religious, being irked by kids and the elderly, being uncomfortable when a stranger initiates contact with me), you're kinda blowing out of proportion, I think.

Well, if you want to be what is 'normal' around here you're going to have to accept that your thread, sooner or later, is going to go off topic. It will especially go off topic if people have been telling you the same thing over and over and getting the same result, which is nowhere.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
    I have no problems paying for a date or being otherwise "gentlemanly", and I haven't felt the need to contribute to that discussion further because it's irrelevant. I don't know why this topic suddenly exploded overnight into a discussion on who pays for the date and all that stuff. That has nothing to do with anything to the topic at hand.

Just pay for the date you stupid dickhead ! You talked enought bla bla bla already, now its time for action ! Will you just gona talk about it or DO IT? You will be surprised how many girls will want go on a date with you if you paying.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-05-13 at 12:07 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    bnt - that's always been my thinking. If I ask a woman out, it's my duty to pay. If she asks me out, it's hers.

Then again... I'm an actual equal-rights (not feminist) advocate.
    Now that's fair, not like surf, who still thinks it's ok to slap womens' asses on the job and call 'em "Toots."
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

You say that like its a bad thing. O.O Nothin wrong with a "broad" getting a little slap and tickle goin on. ;o) lolzz
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol.....that was awesome.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

I'm in total agreement with the girl paying.....

Honestly.....when not in a relationship, how often does a girl ring you up and ask a guy out. It's in the minority

I'm still waiting for a women to come in here and disagree with my comments on gender roles.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Just pay for the date you stupid dickhead ! You talked enought bla bla bla already, now its time for action ! Will you just gona talk about it or DO IT? You will be surprised how many girls will want go on a date with you if you paying.
    Oh goodie: "I can get a free meal and act interested so I should milk this opportunity to get a steak and then not answer his calls or text after..." Yup. We're teaching young women some good ideas here..

Stop being an ass. YCLR. You never buy a steak dinner for anyone on a first meet. If she isn't up for a first date then you've lost nothing. Coffee/Drink/or something light to eat only on a first meet.

Of course not. Something like dinner was probably the expectation for a first date up until a generation ago. Then guys wised up to women lying to get handouts.

First date must be cheap like 5-10 bucks. No guarantee wou will meet that person again, unless its someone you know from long before.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Of course not. Something like dinner was probably the expectation for a first date up until a generation ago. Then guys wised up to women lying to get handouts.
    Do you have a link to back up that assertion.. that up until a generation ago men bought a girl steak until they "wisened up?" Geezus you're too young to be this jaded.

My first "date" cost him sweet fk all. We went bike riding, I packed a lunch and he supplied the bottles full of unfreezing water. It was something, let me tell ya.

I'll add we're still together a generation later.

My first date with my wife involved bowling. She paid.

... lolzzz ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast