+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some serious female advice

Meh, not taking the bait.

I have better hopes for Wakeup. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    1) A man has a big boob fetish. He meets a woman at work, but she's always wearing baggy clothes, no make-up, and a sports bra. He has no interest. She is "friend zoned". Then, one day, she shows up to work wearing make-up, with a push-up bra, and has breast implants. He feels some excitement in his pants. Was she in the permanent friend zone?
    Tut, tut, don't you know that guys don't have the friends ladder?

2) A woman has a male friend. She decides she doesn't like him on account of some personality flaws. Then, one day, he has a mild car accident and suffers a severe concussion which results in him having some personality changes that do, inherently, fix the flaws. She becomes attracted to him. Was he in the permanent friend zone?
    They are two different persons, after the concussion it's as if she met a new person for the first time.

3) Person A only has the hots for musicians. Person B is not a musician. Person B is in Person A's friend zone. Person B learns to play an instrument. Person A is now attracted. Was Person B in the permanent friend zone?
    If person A is a woman, she was subconsciously attracted to person B from the very beginning, she just didn't know it!

Oh, God .

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I did not! Replace "he" with "some lesbian".

Ahh. Waffles are so much more relaxing than corn.

They are two different persons, after the concussion it's as if she met a new person for the first time.

If person A is a woman, she was subconsciously attracted to person B from the very beginning, she just didn't know it!

Oh, God .
    Now I know for sure that you totally do not understand the concept and I suggest that you go back and re-read your assignment in full... that being "The Ladder Theory"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wakeup, I'm not going through that depressing website a third time. I read it all already. It doesn't work.

Yes it does. lol.

How long we gonna do this, Sea?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Nah, no more I am curious as to how you would reply to Kingz's scenarios.

Not gonna happen. I've done that twice now (replied to him) and he's deleted his posts. Like I said, I'll continue to tell someone who starts a thread that they've been friend zoned or they are some chicks girlfriend with dangly bits when it's obvious that they are.

Cheers:
    Last edited by Wakeup; 07-05-14 at 11:48 AM.

And I'll continue providing proof against the existence of "the friendzone" or "friends ladder" and all that. As for people developing feelings for their so-called "best friends" and refusing to stop hanging out with them even after they get rejected, we're going to agree on that :-).

She can't respond to my scenarios. Sexuality is too complex, and simpletons need to dumb it down into bite-size theories so they can make sense of the small bubble they live in.

Anyway, I delete the vast majority of my posts, so that's something you're going to have to live with.

And I'll continue providing proof against the existence of "the friendzone" or "friends ladder" and all that. As for people developing feelings for their so-called "best friends" and refusing to stop hanging out with them even after they get rejected, we're going to agree on that :-).
    You and your situation proves that the friends ladder and friend zone DO exist. You've friend zoned/ Yes... I agree that the ones that have been friend zoned and been rejected for anything else should distance themselves completely..

I have "friend zoned" and then I have "removed from the friendzone" so at best what it does is prove that the friendzone is not permanent. Please stop saying that I'm lying or that I don't know what "really" happened.

The only way the "friendzone" makes any sense is if it literally means "I like you as a person and a friend, but I am not attracted to you as a potential sexual/romantic/life partner in any way." This includes no cruel "putting" somebody somewhere, no cruel intentions, nothing of the sort - just pure and simple attraction or lack thereof.
    Last edited by searock; 08-05-14 at 12:59 AM.

I dont think friendzoning someone implies cruel intentions. It just happens naturally when your not interested in someone and I think we have all done it unintentionally at some point.

In saying that though: I still refuse to believe men and women can be "just friends". A friend of mine "friendzoned" a guy but she knows he wants more and acts dumb about it but its obvious she enjoys the attention and flirting and having a "special" friend. Theve even slept in the same bed numerous times.

And she didnt like it when he got a girlfriend but the gf dumped him because their friendship made her uncomfortable (good for her-shes smart).

My friend tried to make her out to be some crazy jealous b**ch and I said no shes right and you and he are two idiots..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I dont think friendzoning someone implies cruel intentions. It just happens naturally when your not interested in someone and I think we have all done it unintentionally at some point.
    Yep, and it's not necessarily permanent.

In saying that though: I still refuse to believe men and women can be "just friends". A friend of mine "friendzoned" a guy but she knows he wants more and acts dumb about it but its obvious she enjoys the attention and flirting and having a "special" friend. Theve even slept in the same bed numerous times.

And she didnt like it when he got a girlfriend but the gf dumped him because their friendship made her uncomfortable (good for her-shes smart).

My friend tried to make her out to be some crazy jealous b**ch and I said no shes right and you and he are two idiots..
    That's not friendship. Friends aren't attracted to each other and they don't have romantic feelings for each other - the only exception is when two friends are in a relationship.

As long as two people aren't attracted to each other and don't have romantic feelings for each other, they can be friends no matter their gender and sexual preference.

In your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Once youve friend zoned it is permanent. Why do you think we tell these boys that have been zoned to stop hanging around their "friend" that they want more with...because shes not going to suddenly find him to be boyfriend material, anytime thats why

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast