+ Follow This Topic
Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: True or false game - the person below you.

True Fuels me. lol

Same Q as ^

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

True. With a passion and never have really hated anyone before this. It's a first.

I guess once more the same question can be asked.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

True. To be perfectly honest, I have a bit of a different philosophy on hate than most people. I think hate CAN be very healthy and very helpful. I guess the best way to explain the difference is active hate verses passive hate. What do I mean? ACTIVE hate is fine in the short term.... but it can destroy you if you don't eventually let it go. That is when you hate somebody and it actually factors into your daily life. It CAN be very helpful in helping you to get over a time when somebody hurt you... or to realize somebody was never worthy of being in your life.... but you do eventually have to move on.

PASSIVE hate, is when you are able to realize that somebody is nothing better than a sack of crap and deserves no part in your life.... but you've moved on. That hate is not a daily part of your life. Heck, you can even think of the person, think "I HATE the sumb*tch," but it doesn't really matter. You know you've moved on, you know you are better without them, and you feel better for it. That "passive hate," as I call it, helps you remember that this person/those people do not deserve a place in your life. It helps keep you from making the mistake of letting them back in.

You've moved on. You no longer allow it to have a hold over you or effect your life in any negative way... you just aren't about to allow yourself to make the same exact mistakes again. A lot of people preach about "forgive and forget." I'm sorry, but I personally do not believe people ALWAYS deserve forgiveness. Sometimes, there is a line somebody has crossed where you DO deserve to move on with your life so that memory no longer hurts you.... but you should NOT make the mistake of letting them back in because they have proved they do not deserve it.

To me, that is empowerment. I care enough about myself to move on and heal.... but care enough about myself not to let bad people back into my life just to hurt me again.

So, yes, I hate plenty of people from my past.... I just choose not to hold onto ACTIVE hate for long. LONG winded answer, there. LOL! Sorry.

The person below me uses Instagram.

True.

^ on what you said about " forgive & forget " I don't believe in that either it only makes you open to be hurt again, & maybe by the same person. If anything should teach you be wary & guard yourself.

Tpbm ~ Always leaves a decent tip at a restaurant.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Ooo! I actually like that one so I wanted to jump on that question. (Side note: Fully agreed with your comments. That is a great example of why I have always felt that "forgive and forget" is not ALWAYS warranted. Forget, sure, so that you can move on with your life and stop letting something/somebody have an effect on you.... but forgive? Not always.)

Anyways, back to the game...

Another where I have to say truish/falsish.

I always leave a decent tip....... As long as the service wasn't bad. The tip is supposed to be saying "you did a good job." I tend to overtip even if they didn't necessarily do anything above and beyond, but just did their job just fine.

BUT.... I'm not going to leave you a great tip if you did a crappy job. Don't get me wrong, I won't blame the waiter/waitress for something that was probably out of their control. For example, I tend to be forgiving for the food taking a while to come out if A)it's super busy, so I can kind of understand the delay or B) it seems to me like the waiter/waitress is being very attentive.... so the delay probably isn't his/her fault, but is somebody else's (maybe the chef/kitchen). In a case like that, the service may not have been what I'd like, but it probably wasn't the direct fault of the waiter/waitress, so I wouldn't hold that against them, But, if they actually did a bad job, I'm not going to leave them a good tip for it. I still refuse to leave NO tip or a super crappy tip, but I will leave a less than good tip if they did a less than good job.

As is my standard rule for myself when I respond to the person right after me, I'm redirecting that one to the next player. So...

The person below me always leaves a decent tip at a restaurant.

I do, and for hairdressers too

So True.

You sometimes will hum a chorus from a song to relax yourself or even fall asleep.

I definitely over hum certain songs for nerves...so true.

Tpbm watches at least one of the new time travelers tv shows.

i watch one, is there more than one on that is new? so true.

tpbm wakes up early on saturday for whatever reason, habit, to run, go out for breakfast, catch up on whatever.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

True and False. It's half and half on Saturdays for me.

Tpbm sees the glass half full not half empty.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

True on most days unless I'm missgrumpycat then I see the glass full of piss

Same Question said above.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

You know.... funny enough.... actually yes. I know I don't always SOUND like a glass is half full kind of guy.... but the honest truth is I am. I think that is in large part because I've lived such a miserable life that I've learned to enjoy it when I can. So, it takes a lot to really get me down, and a frigging megaton of crap to KEEP me down. About the ONLY thing where I am relentlessly a "the glass ain't half full OR half empty, it is COMPLETELY empty" kind of guy is my "love life." I put that in quotation marks because I am not even sure you can fairly call it a love life, since it is non-existent. But, even that I am at least learning to accept. So, I know I actually don't always sound like it here, but I actually am a surprisingly positive person.

The person below me has tattoos.

False. But if I did I would have some cute animal as mine hehehe ~ probably be embarrassing to me when older though.

Tpbm has been to a concert this month.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

False. Too busy lately.

T P B M was bitten by a dog when they were a child.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I think I actually was. Vague memories.

Tpbm has once thought about suicide.

True

TPBM has had issues logging in or posts removed.

Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast