+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she's on BCC AND she's reliable, then you have nothing to worry about. If in doubt, tho, (or she forgets--happens) then do what I said. Don't take chances until you can afford it. For example, right now my husband & I are using a method that is <100% reliable. But we are both philosophical about our having another child. We've only got the one, and our life is VERY stable, so it wouldn't be an unwelcome event.

Personally, tho, I wouldn't stop using a condom until I was married (or some equivalent).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There is the pill for men. It'll at least be less of a chance.

As I've said, the problem with a condom is that I can't get off. I've tried ultra thin and ultra sensitive and I just can't get off with a condom on. It was mentioned that we have sex and she finish me off orally, but I have never gotten off orally either. I don't cum just by looking at a girl like some guys.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well Cain, its not optimal, but few things in life are. So long as you are certain you two are exclusive & STD free then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

We're both definitely STD free and exclusive. Neither of us are sleeping with anyone else.

Don't get me wrong, everyone. I would love to be able to ensure that it won't happen for a few years, but it's hard. I don't have sex just so I can go to the bathroom and finish myself off. If I could get off while wearing a condom or orally, I'd do that instead. She takes birth control and she's reliable with the pill. I will suggest an implant, but still, there will be a risk as that is only 99% effective.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with wanting a child when I'm 25. Our combined household income will be $100k with me working only part time so I'm not worried about us not being financially ready in three years.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is your GF working, making that money now? If not, don't get her pregnant for the reason I already said.

Also BCC is basically 100% reliable (i.e. its more than 99%). Its just not when taken unreliably. Tho I seem to remember there were different sorts of hormonal cocktails. Progesterone vs Estrogen combos. Of course, it may be different today. Check with your doc (or PM Vash).
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

No, she isn't making it right now. But like I said, we aren't trying to get pregnant right now.

If the pill is nearly 100% effective then I'm not as worried about it. Just for my reference though, does BCC have to be taken at the same time as in 10:15 every day or within the hour... from 10-11 every day?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Within the hour is fine.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Then she is definitely reliable. She takes the pill as close to 10:15 as possible, but it's always within the hour.

The only reason she's a little more nervous about the pregnancy right now is because she had to switch from one pill to another since her body was starting to reject or get used to the other pill. Her periods started coming a week early and she'd getting spotting.

How long after she switches to a new pill until it's effective again?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    With no break in between, I doubt she needs to worry, but her doctor should have gone over this with her. She can call his/her office and ask the receptionist for a call back.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There was no break in between. Her doctor told her to finish her cycle of pills and then move onto the new pills after her old ones were gone. My gf told me that her doctor mentioned waiting a few cycles to be safe. 90 days?

Only have a child if you are 1000 % ready for it. Financially and emotionally.

And the pill (if that's the method she's using) generally is effective 99% of the time, why should you pull out?! It's *birth control*, that's what it's supposed to do. I used the pill for years and it was the best thing ever.

We're going to continue to use the pill until we're ready to have a child. That won't change. When she's out of graduate school and has worked for a year or two, we'll most likely try for a child. I'll have my RN by that time and will have a year or two where I'm only working until I try to get into my graduate studies program.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Personally I think you should get back to wrapping your tool until you're 100% certain you want a child, like that other person said

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Personally I think you should get back to wrapping your tool until you're 100% certain you want a child, like that other person said
    This isn't even a legit option for me. I don't know how many times I have to say it. If I can't get off with a condom, I'm not using it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast