+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe your ideal partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems like all the stupid ones are breeding, while the smart ones are weighing their options. The gene pool is being polluted if you ask me.
    I agree but I think that goes for men just as much as women. Our society has annexed natural selection with programs like Well Fair which only makes it easier and easier to stay at the bottom of the food chain...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Well mine is 235 as tested by the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale.
    LOL!

Don't worry about a smart girl, you've got enough IQ for both apparently.

FYI, the smartest people I know (and I know quite a few) would NEVER submit to a test like that. Those tests are like asking monkeys to give an opinion about the Sistine Chapel.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

My IQ varies from test to test, so it seems. Some test result ~165-170, while most result ~145-150. Speaking of, I just took the "Ultimate IQ Test" ( apps.facebook.com/ultimateiq ) on facebook and scored a 148, for example.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Smart girls are in what?
    Haha! You are adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath View Post
    My IQ varies from test to test, so it seems. Some test result ~165-170, while most result ~145-150. Speaking of, I just took the "Ultimate IQ Test" ( apps.facebook.com/ultimateiq ) on facebook and scored a 148, for example.

Ooh yeah, very scientific!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Ooh yeah, very scientific!
    it's one of the most accurate tests I've seen online. You can't measure an IQ by asking math questions (like most online tests I come across). One day I'll finally take a _real_ IQ test For now, these online tests do their job.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath View Post
    For now, these online tests do their job.
    What job might that be? Making dumb people feel smarter than they really are? LOL.

Go invent something. Then we'll see.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah, math really doesn't affect the level of your intelligence, blah
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think I remember reading that the average IQ of a physics grad student was something like 130.

So, while there may be some high IQs out there w/o much math training, I think the venn diagram tends to put those who *can* do high level math in the upper IQ range.

Of course, Feynman claimed an IQ of 125 or something. Of course, he wasn't above being facetious & now we'll never know. But like I said already, few of the really smart people care about such things. Does a fish think about water?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i wonder what my IQ is, i'll try to take a test from home.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    yeah, math really doesn't affect the level of your intelligence, blah
    haha, where's DM?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

My IQ is 1000 (A smart online survey told me)

Yeh. Try to beat that!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What job might that be? Making dumb people feel smarter than they really are? LOL ... But like I said already, few of the really smart people care about such things. Does a fish think about water?
    Those who talk can't, while those who can are silent, huh? Yeah, well I use these tests when people call me out on my smarts. Usually against other highly intelligent people I know that claim to have a higher IQ.

The ones I like are the ones that reflect more realistic results. For example, Only 1% of facebook users have made an IQ of 140+ on the test I mentioned. The average is 105, which is relatively close to the world average, iirc.

I only told my IQ in this thread as a comparison to the previously mentioned 225 to put someone in their place.

Go invent something. Then we'll see.
    Just because someone's a genius, or highly intelligent, doesn't mean they can invent something. Most inventors were not geniuses at all, actually. And besides, even if it was, the age of invention is out. Its all already been invented. Welcome to the age of innovation.

So, while there may be some high IQs out there w/o much math training, I think the venn diagram tends to put those who *can* do high level math in the upper IQ range.
    You are distorting what I said. Yes, people with higher IQ's are generally better at math. What I said was you can't can't base anyone's IQ on math questions, in part or in whole. Math is irrelevant to any IQ score.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Those online tests are designed as fun, feel-good quizzes, I'm sure so the results are sure to be inflated. And, like I said before, even the 'real' tests are designed by psychologists who, as far as scientists go, aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

And yes, I've taken a 'real' IQ test so I speak from experience. I've met plenty of people who, I'm sure, might not score as high on paper but I think are way smarter than me about their lives. So whatever.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Those online tests are designed as fun, feel-good quizzes, I'm sure so the results are sure to be inflated.
    But, my IQ really is 1000. I truly believe it
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Why should a traditional-minded woman do all that stuff? That makes no sense, unless the couple are Amish or something.
    Your assumptions are doing you a great injustice.

The one at home would do things to maximize the household with whatever tools are best able to accomplish this. In today's society, that might means thing like researching major purchases over the internet (to save the family money), or using the same to pull educational resources for one's children. Or saving car/gas trips by setting up internet banking?
    Oh my goodness.... I've heard about your type, but I've never seen one own up to it!

I can tell you've never done canning and such, Doc. I have; it was a fun thing to learn to do. Same as knitting & using a sewing machine.
    More assumptions?

Priceless.

I will admit that I can't knit anything besides a scarf though. Grandma gave up sock knitting in her later years, and I being the oldest of 43 grandchildren, and in my teens, didn't think to keep going with our weekly rituals leading up to her eventual passing.

But I was never a fan of her socks, however beautifully made. They were always too tight and thick for my liking. That may have been an influence towards my stalling at scarfs.

Not too many young gals know how to do these things anymore. Why should they? Its MUCH cheaper to do an efficient shop or buy clothes on sale than it is to make them oneself. Ever actually bought wool for a sweater or scarf? You could buy several for the cost of a couple decent balls of yarn. LOL.
    Grandma, mum, and half of my aunts all had spinning wheels. Most gained from garage sales and fixed up by the men in the family. We had a few 4H sheep from year to year for the little sis.

(Incidentally, never strap a 3 year old in a cowgirl's outfit to the back of sheep. It sounds cute, but the repercussions can be unsettling)

This whole, "why should we girls be practical" spiel of yours is unfounded...

And I know the movement which founded it.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast