+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless. Pbbt.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Have you ? The girls spend most of their time doing shit all.
    Yes, I've been working in restaurants at least part time since I was 14, and kitchens have more activity than a battle field.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    What?

Seriously, what the ****?

You seriously think that someone should give you a job? That there should be people who have the privilege to GIVE jobs? On what basis such privilege is set up?
    Can people in mongolian steps become computer geniuses? No.

Actually we have the technology and resources for a society where no-one has to work But we cannot achieve that because some people think there should be givers and beggers. We are just so used to classify things, compare things, our lives, our success.
    In society where no-one has to work, success is measured by what you do with your free time. I bet most of you would party and suck cock.
    What part of my post don't you understand? Must be my accent...

Here's the grade 2 version:

If it weren't for 'rich people' (i.e. business owners, entrepreneurs, etc.) most of you wouldn't have a job.

So, yes, I do think some people give others jobs. Its not a privilege, either. Its basic business. If you have the brains/guts/work ethic to create jobs (which a business owner or entrepreneur does), then you are entitled to collect a higher salary, employ others, and benefit from their effort. If you don't like working for others, go do the same. Or become a farmer, assuming you have the wealth to purchase the land, tools, and crops/animals you will need for your startup. Tho, chances are most of you would still need to work for someone else to be able to do even that. On the other hand, most of you would also enjoy a better standard of living, so that is the trade-off.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry to dissapoint you but I am gainfully employed. I know this dissapoints you.
    By someone else, no doubt. You have a job because someone GAVE you one. LOL.

Of course, even if you are self-employed or a CEO, you still answer to your customers, board, shareholders, etc.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What part of my post don't you understand? Must be my accent...

Here's the grade 2 version:

If it weren't for 'rich people' (i.e. business owners, entrepreneurs, etc.) most of you wouldn't have a job.

So, yes, I do think some people give others jobs. Its not a privilege, either. Its basic business. If you have the brains/guts/work ethic to create jobs (which a business owner or entrepreneur does), then you are entitled to collect a higher salary, employ others, and benefit from their effort. If you don't like working for others, go do the same. Or become a farmer, assuming you have the wealth to purchase the land, tools, and crops/animals you will need for your startup. Tho, chances are most of you would still need to work for someone else to be able to do even that. On the other hand, most of you would also enjoy a better standard of living, so that is the trade-off.
    The wealth of a nation would still exist without the excessively rich. So if you Coles makes 50% less profit, you think it would just dissapear and no one would sell food anymore ?
    Last edited by BoredGeorge; 04-01-10 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Yes, I've been working in restaurants at least part time since I was 14, and kitchens have more activity than a battle field.
    I do not want to be mean because I appreciate the struggle of the working class but have you ever stopped to think about this :

You work twice as hard, for twice as long and earn half the amount a waitress does.

At 20% a waitress is making more profit serving a meal than the restaurant owner does creating it.

While you are scrubbing grease for your 80 dollars a shift (after tax) she went home two and a half hours ago and is curled up infront of the fire having her second glass of wine.

I don't want to be a jerk, but if I were you I would not be happy about the situation.

The thing is that society will always have an upper and a lower class.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The wealth of a nation would still exist without the excessively rich. So if you Coles makes 50% less profit, you think it would just dissapear and no one would sell food anymore ?
    To your first statement - its incredibly naive. What do you think drives innovation and entrepreneurs? I agree, there are too many overpaid, underqualified executives and bureaucrats. But, I look at the Bill Gates and Larry Pages of this world and consider, not their personal wealth, but the massive volume of jobs and industry they have created. Being a business owner is like husbanding a large family. Very few people can do it on a large scale. Of course they deserve to be rewarded for that. Can YOU do what they do?

As to your second point: why should I run a business at 50% profit when I can do twice as much? Increased profits means increased jobs for people, increased wages for them and me... I believe in a fair wage. Increased wages (to a point) are known to increase profit.

Did you know that profit isn't entirely coupled to wages? Henry Ford made business history (his general manager, in fact) by offering car labourers a guaranteed $5 a day at a time when the going rate was ) 0.15 per hour. Do you know why?

You work twice as hard, for twice as long and earn half the amount a waitress does.

At 20% a waitress is making more profit serving a meal than the restaurant owner does creating it.
    Now, if you are making half of a waitress and are unhappy about it, there are various things you can, and should, do to improve your lot.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 05-01-10 at 08:52 AM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

To your first statement - its incredibly naive. What do you think drives innovation and entrepreneurs? I agree, there are too many overpaid, underqualified executives and bureaucrats. But, I look at the Bill Gates and Larry Pages of this world and consider, not their personal wealth, but the massive volume of jobs and industry they have created. Being a business owner is like husbanding a large family. Very few people can do it on a large scale. Of course they deserve to be rewarded for that. Can YOU do what they do?

As to your second point: why should I run a business at 50% profit when I can do twice as much? Increased profits means increased jobs for people, increased wages for them and me... I believe in a fair wage. Increased wages (to a point) are known to increase profit.

Did you know that profit isn't entirely coupled to wages? Henry Ford made business history (his general manager, in fact) by offering car labourers a guaranteed $5 a day at a time when the going rate was ) 0.15 per hour. Do you know why?

Now, if you are making half of a waitress and are unhappy about it, there are various things you can, and should, do to improve your lot.
    Sweety, microsoft was a technological improvement. Gains in technology create growth, not rich people.

So your saying if we too half the wages of all retail workers in Australia, and then gave their wages to me as 'profit' that I would then create more jobs with my new found wealth wealth than would be created if those workers spent more money ?

Your also saying my new found wealth would create more jobs than would be lost when all those people stop spending money ?

However, if for example I opened a new chain of stores that sold a new product at low cost I would be creating more jobs and making myself rich. Why ? I have supplied an capital (or an improvement on existing capital), the level of my personal wealth is not relevant.

I might make $100million profit, or $100,000 profit but the same number of jobs will still exist.

Like wise if I open more than one shop, my profit might go to $200,000 and the number of jobs doubles ! This does not mean profit is creating those jobs, again it is the capital I have created. Again the same number of jobs would be created regardless of if those two stores made $200,000 profit or $200 million profit.

You should be able to tell the difference between correlation and causation..

And I do not for a second believe that one persons consumption of luxury goods will make up for entire populations of people that are not c onsuming due to their wages becoming my profit.

After taxes and everything is considered I probably still make less than many waitresses in the USA. My pay is not terrible either it is around 30 something an hour.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    After taxes and everything is considered I probably still make less than many waitresses in the USA. My pay is not terrible either it is around 30 something an hour.
    Dude.

Shut the f*ck up about the goddamn waitresses.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahaha yeah, imagine sitting there and obsessively comparing your own pay to a waitress in another country!
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what about waitresses in your own country?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Waitresses here make pretty rubbish money and they're not tipped like in the USA.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

sometimes i think it's worth it to give a few bob. if you look into their eyes, you DO know the genuine from the fakes. why don't you look at them instead of being a judgemental prick? you are above them and therefore they all deserve disrespect?? i hope you never have to beg gribble but then again i hope you do have to, you might just change your mind..
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

If I were in the position of begging, I'd take the food and the cab ride. Duh.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast