+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Number of Sexual Partners

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    anyway, i remember thinking when i was younger that people should only have sex with one person, their husband or their wife. then i started thinking well some people have 2 sometimes 3 spouses in their lifetime so why the hell does it matter if you have sex with more than one person. then i began thinking that people could have sex only if they're in a relationship with somebody. but then i saw that some relationships last years and some last days or weeks. then i started thinking that people could have sex with whoever they wanted, it was entirely up to them i don't care, as long as they're not passing diseases around, which unfortunately is what is happening. but my "number" has evolved over time.
    This is the kind of reflections musiclover was talking about, virgin. Just think back a few years and tell me if you have not grown and evolved and changed the way you view a few things. At least I hope the answer is that you HAVE changed and grown.

Look a my signature. That was a wise man who quoted that. Yet here we are, much inferior intellectuals trying to claim we've got shit figured out??

No.

We don't, and we ESPECIALLY don't know the future. We don't know if we'll change our minds tomorrow, virgin. Our biggest problem toward change and growth, sometimes, is our resistance to change. Whether it's hard headedness brought about because we don't like to admit we're wrong, therefore we keep coming up with arguments that justify the view's we've always had. Or just protecting this investment we've had over so many years that we don't want to change our ways..the way we've lived our whole lives..what we've always perceived to be "the truth" or "what's right".

I ask that you question the origins. Why do you feel this way. And if the answer is "because that's just the way it is...the way everyone can agree to be right...the way we've always done things"..maybe you should consider that perhaps everyone is not necessarily correct.

There was a point where the vast majority of the people thought the world was flat. That was the accepted truth, and those who challenged it were thought of as fools or insane or outkasts of some sort.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you know truths...rather KNOW that almost everything is OPINION...unprovable..only arguable..otherwise there would be no debate.

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Look a my signature. That was a wise man who quoted that. Yet here we are, much inferior intellectuals trying to claim we've got shit figured out??

No.
    I don't want to burst you bubble here and as much as I respect Socrates....the saying is stupid. If you know that you know nothing then you DO know something....you know that you know nothing. That quote is a contradiction. I like Socrates but that is crap. I like the entire recollection that Plato has of him written though.

PS: your telling all this to the guy who has been going around the entire forum saying that everything is relative that everything is opinion...think about it.

By the way...live by your own standards. Your entire quote about how everything is an OPINION..is guess what?...an OPINION..lol.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 19-05-05 at 02:58 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I don't want to burst you bubble here and as much as I respect Socrates....the saying is stupid. If you know that you know nothing then you DO know something....you know that you know nothing. That quote is a contradiction. I like Socrates but that is crap. I like the entire recollection that Plato has of him written though.
    Maybe you missed the deeper meaning of the quote. What he's saying is, let's say you've got the ocean. This represents the knowledge of all that is. Now let's say the knowledge and understanding that Socrates achieved throughout his lifetime equals to one drop of ocean water. Effectively, it's a negligible amount, in a liberal use of the term, it's nothing. Does it make sense like that?

PS: your telling all this to the guy who has been going around the entire forum saying that everything is relative that everything is opinion...think about it.
    I'm sorry..I don't keep tabs on your activity throughout the forum. I was only responding to what I was reading on this thread.

By the way...live by your own standards. Your entire quote about how everything is an OPINION..is guess what?...an OPINION..lol.
    EXACTLY. It cannot be proven, therefore it's an opinion.

Maybe you missed the deeper meaning of the quote. What he's saying is, let's say you've got the ocean. This represents the knowledge of all that is. Now let's say the knowledge and understanding that Socrates achieved throughout his lifetime equals to one drop of ocean water. Effectively, it's a negligible amount, in a liberal use of the term, it's nothing. Does it make sense like that?
    No, Nothing means absoluty nothing..socrates has no right to put hidden meaning behind his wording. We know nothing only under two stats..we are dead or never born. Maybe he should have said "All I know is that I know very little". I take things literally because thats how words are meant to be taken.

not really. words are arbitrary, their meaning is what we give them. if you take them literally then you're really only putting them through your own filter and taking what you want out of it. look at poetry, words are expressed to convey emotion not to be taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    not really. words are arbitrary, their meaning is what we give them. if you take them literally then you're really only putting them through your own filter and taking what you want out of it. look at poetry, words are expressed to convey emotion not to be taken literally.
    You are right. Their meaning is what we give them. Too bad Socrates was confused about the meaning of nothing then. Nothing means nothing...and not "very little". That is clear for sure. Thats the meaning we give "nothing". After all a language is existant only for communication purposes. If we cant agree on one meaning then its pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by friendlydays
    But Come on don't be so naive. A woman who sleeps with that many number of guys is easy. Guys only f*cked and Jizzed on her. She must be using the guys too, but it's not my point. The point is she's a dirty slut. Used good. I would not make such a tramp my woman. I have very high stnadrds in a woman I commit myself to.
    That's your opinion on the matter. You can't look beyond the idea that she is used, and that she's a dirty "slut."
    A person is more than his/her sexual activity. Just because she f*cks that many guy doesn't give you a right to label her that way.
    You have high standards in a woman you commit yourself to? Are you saying you will **** a woman who's had 20-100 partners?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Arty, did you see I put up a couple of your pics in the gallery?

Check it out.

And remember, kids: Abstinence is what's right!

You are right. Their meaning is what we give them. Too bad Socrates was confused about the meaning of nothing then. Nothing means nothing...and not "very little". That is clear for sure. Thats the meaning we give "nothing". After all a language is existant only for communication purposes. If we cant agree on one meaning then its pretty useless.
    Nothing:
    1. no thing, not anything
    2. no part, no portion
    3. one of no consequence, significance, or interest
    4. something that has no existence
    2. something that has no quantitative value; zero
    3. one that has no substance or importance; a nonentitiy
    insignificant or worthless
    in no way, or degree, not at all

Guess it is pretty useless, since the dictionary has all these meanings for nothing.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Arty, did you see I put up a couple of your pics in the gallery?

Check it out.

And remember, kids: Abstinence is what's right!
    Neato! I checked them out. You're so tall. Oh yeah, umm, I'm short.

Post-modernism has really brought about this idea that there is no absolute truth, and that all truth is relative, and that everything is a matter of people's opinion.

Sure, they are, but that doesn't mean that all opinions are the same weight. Some are better than others because they have been carefully thought out, unbiased..

Anyway, it seems a lot of people have trouble looking beyond their personal beliefs, which is fine, because that's the way we are brought up, to not challenge the way of thinking..

I should hope that we all challenge that sometime so that we don't continue the cycle of labeling others.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    Nothing:
    1. no thing, not anything
    2. no part, no portion
    3. one of no consequence, significance, or interest
    4. something that has no existence
    2. something that has no quantitative value; zero
    3. one that has no substance or importance; a nonentitiy
    insignificant or worthless
    in no way, or degree, not at all

Guess it is pretty useless, since the dictionary has all these meanings for nothing.
    Lol actually...they all mean the same thing but are said differently.

Just because she f*cks that many guy doesn't give you a right to label her that way.
    Says who? He has the right to judge anyone the way he wants too....remember..opinion? and actually labeling someone that way is done do to only their sexual activity.

Hehe, I'm going to have to agree with the Virge here.

Also, I just wanted to point out that I can totally tell when Misombra is going through... that time of the month. This power delights me.

As far as this actual topic goes, I agree with Misombra that sluttiness is more of an attitude. Depending on the situation (i.e. the girl and how much I liked her), the limit would fluctuate. In fact, the limit has no real bearing at all. I would just make up an extremely high limit for a girl I was in love with, and a suitable excusatory one for some dirty little ho-bag. In fact, I'm doing the latter as we speak. (In my mind.)

Actually, this thread has given me a lot to think about. As a male, you are presented with easy sexual opportunities very rarely, and you have to think hard about whether to take them. I can count two situations where I have actually refused sex. And the girls that I have "f*cked and jizzed all over" were and still are very special to me.

Every decision is meaningful. We don't live in a vaccuum. Choose wisely.

Peace.

That's your opinion on the matter. You can't look beyond the idea that she is used, and that she's a dirty "slut."
    A person is more than his/her sexual activity. Just because she f*cks that many guy doesn't give you a right to label her that way.
    You have high standards in a woman you commit yourself to? Are you saying you will **** a woman who's had 20-100 partners?
    Ok I don't call a woman a slut when I learn she had slept with that many guys, but I think in my mind she's a slut and I don't want to commit to her. All you people say is if a woman had slept with that mnay guys didn't make her a bad person or didn't mean she can't be loyal and good partner. Who said she's a bad person or can't be a good partner? I didn't think that way. But I think she's a dirty slut- a low caliber of woman. She can be a good person and good partner but for me that's not enough. There are other great girls out there who aren't slut at the same time. If a slut can be a good person what more the well-behaved sweet girls. Why would I settle for less? I don;t want a cheap good. Maybe others are fine with that, but as I said I have very high stnadrds in a woman I would commit myself to.

As to your question, actually, I don't even want to **** a dirty woman like that.

BTW, a woman who sleeps with 100 guys have some issues.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast