+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HE moves too fast and then HE freaks out?

... lolzz ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I already crushed you.
    Declaring victory on an internet conflict = total loser.
    Last edited by HeheMan; 01-05-13 at 05:23 AM.

Death/ Sickness in the family? LOL! Thats the oldest line in the book. Ive heard from women and used it myself....lets get real here Kiddos......The guy's not being straight

Cant prove it but after a 45 years Im pretty sure I know BS when I see it.
    Last edited by surfhb2; 01-05-13 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Cant prove it
    Well, in that case it's obviously true.

HeheMan is right - I've been avoiding responding because some of the responses on here are quite ridiculous. Everything from logical, down right paranoid to malicious. I feel that no matter what response I give, it will be scrutinized to pinpoint some other crazy thing about this guy.

For those curious, this guy is not married or has a girlfriend as Ive seen where he lives and have met his roommate but I am sure that won't satisfy you. We've been talking since this night - he apologized for his life stresses, explained what happened and we have another date set this week. In fact, I have a good feeling about this guy and I like him and am hoping for this to turn out.

Sure, maybe he might turn out to be some twisted married liar but we all have to take a chance on the people we meet and learn for ourselves. If you never put yourself out there, you'll never gain anything. Unfortunately, I'm just not willing to be the person who automatically sees the worst and assumes the worst.

Thank you for all your insights.

Wait, you met his room mate? Is it another guy? If so, they both might be gay lovers - that would totally explain the "sick family member" thing!

(lol Just kidding... sorry, I just had to)

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    Well, in that case it's obviously true.
    Well if we knew the truth the OP wouldn't be on this site.

The only truth in this scenario is that the "Death/Sickness in the family" Card is the oldest and most used in the history of dating. Now based on that truth AND that Ive personally been in both the OP and her dates position in this same scenario.....I'll be guessing the guy is bullshitting. Thats all anybody here was saying....just be aware this is a huge reg flag

Hope Im wrong Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    HeheMan is right - I've been avoiding responding because some of the responses on here are quite ridiculous. Everything from logical, down right paranoid to malicious. I feel that no matter what response I give, it will be scrutinized to pinpoint some other crazy thing about this guy.

For those curious, this guy is not married or has a girlfriend as Ive seen where he lives and have met his roommate but I am sure that won't satisfy you. We've been talking since this night - he apologized for his life stresses, explained what happened and we have another date set this week. In fact, I have a good feeling about this guy and I like him and am hoping for this to turn out.

Sure, maybe he might turn out to be some twisted married liar but we all have to take a chance on the people we meet and learn for ourselves. If you never put yourself out there, you'll never gain anything. Unfortunately, I'm just not willing to be the person who automatically sees the worst and assumes the worst.

Sure, maybe he might turn out to be some twisted married liar but we all have to take a chance on the people we meet
    Yes, he might be. No one said "don't take a chance" we're just giving you a heads up because what he said to you is suspect.

Again: have fun. There's nothing wrong with being aware of what could be happening. No one said it was happening and sometimes when we really like someone, we don't pay attention.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post

It was very nice of HeheMan to tell you what you wanted to hear. Good luck.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    It was very nice of HeheMan to tell you what you wanted to hear. Good luck.
    Yea, a real man's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeygirl View Post
    yea, a real man's advice.
    ...........lol

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good luck HockeyGirl. I hope it works out exactly the way you hope.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

OP you should not let a few responses that you dont like stop you from posting here. i dont think anyone meant any malice but when you meet anyone new you should have your eyes open for any potential redflags.

best of luck. i hope it all works out

Its the sound of crickets from the OP so far

So the fact that he had a family member on life support didn't didn't rate a mention during your first 3 dates? Also, if he had to cancel on a date, which is fine - he could have said 'Hey I have a family member who is very ill at the moment, can we take a rain check?'. Simple.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast